Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Camino Dreams

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
How often do you wake up in the morning having just dreamed of some spot you walked along the Camino? For me it is becoming more often lately, I either find myself some place on the Portuguese or the Francis early in the morning or looking for a spot for the menu del dia in the afternoon. It must be separation anxiety.

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
How often do you wake up in the morning having just dreamed of some spot you walked along the Camino? ........

Hmmmm... I find it hard to believe that no one else has answered in the affirmative.

For me, this has been a not infrequent phenomenon since about two months after returning from my first Camino.

B

Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

tpmchugh

Veteran Member
Not quite dreaming.......
But often if I'm having trouble getting to sleep, I imagine setting out from St Jean, I find it very relaxing.
But I've never yet got more than 1 km up the hill :rolleyes:
Do that all the time but I also walk out of Los Arcos. Like that one

Flog

I can't resist replying to this one, but I should begin by thanking this community for the invaluable resource it's been in helping me with planning my various caminos to date, I don't post much but I do lurk! Thank you all!

It was a great knapsack sprayer, you only had to pump it once and it lasted for ages. I was a volunteer and I was there to spray the camino with disinfectant. There were about 6 isles in this big long church and a sprayer at the start of each isle. There were a few volunteers, strange and foreign; we hadn't yet become acquainted, and we didn't seem to know what we were assigned to do and just looked at each other shrugging our shoulders. Of course I was impatient as is usual, so I just strapped one of these things to my back and started walking backwards from the corner, spraying the ground in sweeps behind me as I went. Just one little pump of the handle and on and on it sprayed. The ground was a mixture of shiney granite and pebbles. Further along it became a path, two men sitting on a step drinking beers had to turn sideways to avoid me, one of them scowling in disgust at me. Then it came to a grass embankment that led down to a ravine with broken rocks and a stream. A middle aged woman with red hair was squatting down with her dress clutched up around her hips, pissing. She smiled at me and gestured toward the goats, three or four of them. I had my favourite stick and one of the goats grabbed the tip of it in his jaws and started chewing on it. I thought: he'll ruin the end of it, I'd better pull it away from him but he was very strong and just kept chewing and chomping, eventually chewing almost up to my hand. I had to abandon the stick in bewilderment wondering how the hell a goat could swallow a whole walking stick in a few seconds. I woke up, time to go to work. My stick is still in the hall. It is indeed my favourite: it took me across the Lana, Meseta, Salvador, Norte and Aragones...

Last edited:
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads