• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Camino during Covid-19 - Supporting businesses

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham W

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago (2019).
Roncesvalles to Santiago (starting 2nd September 2020)
My partner and I are currently walking Camino Frances - slowly! Doing it over 2 months. We are on day 16 of our Camino, and are at Villafranca Montes de Oca. We have both felt moved by the testimonies of the business owners who provide services to peregrinos - restaurants, bars, alberques, pensions etc. They have really been struggling due to the vast reduction in numbers of peregrinos. They are trying very hard to make their businesses work eg measures to protect peregrinos from the virus. I would really encourage people to consider continuing with any plans to do the Camino this year, and not to cancel. Obviously, this is a sensitive topic, and I know it can divide people. But, we are finding that there is not too much inconvenience due to precautions that we have to take, we feel safe, and are really enjoying our Camino. So I would encourage people, who are undecided, to go for it, and go ahead with their plans. Best wishes.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you for the information. I am hoping to start in 2 weeks time. I’ll be arriving by car at SJPP, if the French gov do not go back to 100 km visits only. Alternating between excitement and nervousness but I’ve been dreaming of this for ages.

Graham, how did you manage to get travel insurance, seeing as Spain is on the FCO no go list? Or are you just relying on your EHIC card?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Graham, how did you manage to get travel insurance, seeing as Spain is on the FCO no go list? Or are you just relying on your EHIC card?
We've live in the UK and have just just returned from Spain after walking the Camino Ingles. Not sure if it's ok to mention the insurance company we used, so please delete admin, if not allowed. Used Battleface. Covers Covid for people up to 59. Covers over that age for other medical emergencies, but not Covid. Also, won't cover anything caused by pre-existing conditions.

Thank you for the information. I am hoping to start in 2 weeks time. I’ll be arriving by car at SJPP, if the French gov do not go back to 100 km visits only. Alternating between excitement and nervousness but I’ve been dreaming of this for ages.
Good luck with it x

I do buy annual multi trip insurance but, as you say, cos spain has been put on that list, it won,'t cover me. So, yes, relying on E111 card

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.