• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino effects at home -- years later

kelleymac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
March/April 2015, Late April 2016, Sept/Oct 2017, April 2019.
Driving home in the dark a few weeks ago in the pouring rain, my 17yo son asked if I would pull over so he could walk. We hadn't been getting along for a few days and our drive had been silent. We were about 3 miles from home.
"Here?" I asked.
"Yes, here." he said. So I pulled over, and he stepped out into the dark downpour.
I said to him "Buen Camino, Perigrino." He gave me a grin as he swung the car door shut.

So glad we walked together 2015 and 2016.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
At home we all remember and many hope to give back a part of what has been gleaned. Some may serve as hospitaleros offering physical assistance to fellow pilgrims. Others share their journeys anew offering tips/advice by writing to unknown readers as for example in blogs, books or on this Forum....
Every morning I wake and wonder how it might be walking that day in such heat or rain or snow. Every evening when offering silent thanks for the gift of the present day I give special thanks for ten years of personal camino memories and hope that I may "wear" a pilgrim shell until the end.

Kelleymac, Nice to hear that your son likes to walk, comes in handy sometimes, like when it's time to find some space. Hopefully it is something he will always enjoy.
I try to walk everyday, my normal is 9 km. Every walk is a treat, I never take it for granted, and every walk at some point reminds me of the Camino. The weather, the terrain, how I feel, memories, hello's & waves ... all take me back to the Camino. The Camino sure has enhanced my life.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I try to walk everyday, my normal is 9 km. Every walk is a treat, I never take it for granted.
Those words resonate with me. I always feel very privileged to be able to walk. It can be a ‘boring’ (only because so well known) 5 km round walk from my house to town. It can be longer walks further afield I try to do once a week. Whatever. Always a privilege and new things to be discovered every time.
I agree, @efdoucette , walking the Camino did enhance my life too. I didn’t know what I was missing and I am now deeply grateful. :)

My mother is on her death bed at the moment , I have lost two uncles and two dear close friends in the last three months, another has a few months to live and I am waiting for results of a scan for cancer myself .
Without the strength and memories gleaned from my last two Caminos I doubt if I would be able to cope . Somehow I have tapped into the collective spiritual strength of pilgrims the world over . For this I am so very grateful .

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
At home we all remember and many hope to give back a part of what has been gleaned. Some may serve as hospitaleros offering physical assistance to fellow pilgrims. Others share their journeys anew offering tips/advice by writing to unknown readers as for example in blogs, books or on this Forum....
Every morning I wake and wonder how it might be walking that day in such heat or rain or snow. Every evening when offering silent thanks for the gift of the present day I give special thanks for ten years of personal camino memories and hope that I may "wear" a pilgrim shell until the end.

As do I.

My mother is on her death bed at the moment , I have lost two uncles and two dear close friends in the last three months, another has a few months to live and I am waiting for results of a scan for cancer myself .
Without the strength and memories gleaned from my last two Caminos I doubt if I would be able to cope . Somehow I have tapped into the collective spiritual strength of pilgrims the world over . For this I am so very grateful .
Our thoughts are with you from a fellow pilgrim.

Our Camino's never stop at SdC they go on ...................

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I read this Thread and can only say to each and everyone one of you
Thank you peregrinos for reminding me of what matters and thank you for sharing .
Ultreia

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...
Forgive me if already in a thread somewhere, but any search for the above brings up basically every post ever written! Did anyone get to see the premiere? Dying to know what it's like as the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back