• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Etiquette

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I did this video on Camino Etiquette mainly for my walking groups.
I started a YouTube channel because it's easier for some people to see a video than to read a long post.

I'm almost afraid to post this, but thought I would share to get CONSTRUCTIVE feedback.
I realize it's quite opinionated but it may help some pilgrims to know what's expected of them.

Also, I realize there are a few mistakes in it, but I'm new to this and don't know how to correct mistakes without re-recording the entire video. One mistake is I say "It's a right" when I meant to say "It's a privilege." Also, in thinking about it, I don't think the sick person was in Ages, but I need to ask Joe where that was.

Anyway, be gentle;
I'm new at this video stuff.
Let me know if I need to add anything.
(I've updated the video)
Camino Etiquette

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Annie, I just finished watching your Youtube video. It is so exciting to "see you" and hear your voice after following your website for several years and reading many of your posts on the forum. I think you have covered all the bases very well.
By the way, you look great!

Last edited:
I loved your talk!
But for the comments about if you are not bringing your mother to clean up for you, if I walked with my sons or grandchildren, they would definitely have to clean up for themselves, and I would see to it.😘

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It is definitely a Camino 101 or 201 for pilgrims. I made some comments on the video site, so I will leave it at that. She could easliy turn it into an hour long dissertation.
I didn't see your comments, and yes, it's 101. None of my pilgrims have walked before.

@Anniesantiago it's terrific - great job, you covered a lot. One thing I thought missing was "if your shoes, boots or sandals are dirty or muddy, take them off before you go into the bedroom and/or bathrooms". Mostly the albergues require it anyway, but sometimes there is nothing to remind people. For wearing inside I have a pair of lightweight shower slides but clean socks will do. I am a bit reluctant to leave my walking sandals in the rack outside (having very specific feet needs) so I put them into a dry bag and keep them under the bed or inside my pack.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@Anniesantiago it's terrific - great job, you covered a lot. One thing I thought missing was "if your shoes, boots or sandals are dirty or muddy, take them off before you go into the bedroom and/or bathrooms". Mostly the albergues require it anyway, but sometimes there is nothing to remind people. For wearing inside I have a pair of lightweight shower slides but clean socks will do. I am a bit reluctant to leave my walking sandals in the rack outside (having very specific feet needs) so I put them into a dry bag and keep them under the bed or inside my pack.
I'll add that to my Facebook planning page, and if I re-do the video will add it. Thanks!

I started a YouTube channel because it's easier for some people to see a video than to read a long post.

I'm almost afraid to post this, but thought I would share to get CONSTRUCTIVE feedback.
I realize it's quite opinionated but it may help some pilgrims to know what's expected of them.

Also, I realize there are a few mistakes in it, but I'm new to this and don't know how to correct mistakes without re-recording the entire video. One mistake is I say "It's a right" when I meant to say "It's a privilege." Also, in thinking about it, I don't think the sick person was in Ages, but I need to ask Joe where that was.

Anyway, be gentle;
Camino Etiquette
I’ll have to watch once home as limited wifi here on CF! But I know I’ll love it, and always a fan !!!! Thank you doing this!

Annie
So good…. …. and deals with much of the stuff that the first timers just aren’t aware of. You’ve dealt with it so matter of factly. .
This is just what is needed. ‘You’ are followed by many people who don’t even know about the forum and as such wouldn’t have read many of the tips here. Maybe you could include in tips -that for questions they may have to also search the forum.
These are the people who need to be reached before they (may possibly) get wrong ideas from people they see along the way.

But I think you’ve done a splendid job on behalf of all of us that love the way. Thankyou.
By the way - You look a million dollars- you’ve recovered so well.

Buen camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Annie
So good…. …. and deals with much of the stuff that the first timers just aren’t aware of. You’ve dealt with it so matter of factly. .
This is just what is needed. ‘You’ are followed by many people who don’t even know about the forum and as such wouldn’t have read many of the tips here. Maybe you could include in tips -that for questions they may have to also search the forum.
These are the people who need to be reached before they (may possibly) get wrong ideas from people they see along the way.

But I think you’ve done a splendid job on behalf of all of us that love the way. Thankyou.
By the way - You look a million dollars- you’ve recovered so well.

Buen camino
Thanks so much!
I have a 2022 Camino Santiago Planning Facebook page and I do mention the Camino Forum often there, especially when people want to walk routes other than the Frances.

Thanks so much!
I have a 2022 Camino Santiago Planning Facebook page and I do mention the Camino Forum often there, especially when people want to walk routes other than the Frances.
Annie, have an unrelated question, how do I personal message you re Camino Aragon’s questions- thanks

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Anyway, be gentle;
Camino Etiquette
Video is or has been taken down 😭

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I reached it just now, via Annie’s original link on her opening post.

I’m assuming that it’s the updated version … it looks ‘new’, ie no comments below, as there were/was on the original.

I reached it just now, via Annie’s original link on her opening post.

I’m assuming that it’s the updated version … it looks ‘new’, ie no comments below, as there were/was on the original.
Yep. I updated it just a tiny bit. I'm playing around with iMovie to try to make the videos a bit better. Now if I could only find a way to block out my busy, messy studio! lol!

Yep. I updated it just a tiny bit. I'm playing around with iMovie to try to make the videos a bit better. Now if I could only find a way to block out my busy, messy studio! lol!
I loved your studio background. It adds a nice personal touch as you are an awesome arist and crafter!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A must watch for anyone starting a Camino. Thank you. Mind you it would be good advise for many tourists I see in other countries.

Last edited:

Anyway, be gentle;
(I've updated the video)
Camino Etiquette
Really very good indeed. Nice to see you reinforce ‘you’re a visitor in someone else’s country’.

Keep them coming.

Perhaps you could team up with @Robo? His video production is professional standard.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Really very good indeed. Nice to see you reinforce ‘you’re a visitor in someone else’s country’.

Keep them coming.

Perhaps you could team up with @Robo? His video production is professional standard.
Henry's owner, I love the idea! I hope the two of them definitely "hook up".😅

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back