• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Facil or Jacotrans

StFina

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, June 2012
CF, July 2012
CF, September 2016
Camino Primitivo, May 2017, followed by Camino Frances, late May, 2017
On September 1 of this year, I will be on my third Camino, this time starting in Astorga. Due to a bone marrow transplant, my oncologist is letting me go, but won't let me carry a backpack. I did see both Camino Facil and Jacotrans on my last two trips moving backpacks from one albergue to another. Is one better or more reliable than the other? Any input is appreciated. - Steve

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I can't speak for Camino Facil, but I have never had an issue with Jacotrans.

I like that they are on WhatsApp so it is really easy to message them each evening regarding your plans for the following day.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Another new and good backpack transport service is that of the Spanish post office or Correos. You can easily book the night before directly via your smartphone. Read more here.
Wow this is amazing. I don't think they had this last year when i attempted the vdlp. I had to carry my pack and it aggravated my foot further causing the injury. Has anyone tried their service?

Wow this is amazing. I don't think they had this last year when i attempted the vdlp. I had to carry my pack and it aggravated my foot further causing the injury. Has anyone tried their service?

The Correos service started slowly late summer 2015. The kind hospitalera in Ventosa suggested I use it after I fell. It was great - simple, inexpensive and efficacious.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The Correos service started slowly late late summer 2015. The kind hospitalera in Ventosa suggested I use it after I fell. It was great - simple, inexpensive and efficacious.
This is a great find. I used to pay about 20 eu/stage for taxi on the Norte in 2014. Thank you.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks for the info. My doctors are now recommending no more hiking (Caminos) with a heavy rucksack...sheesh!

At 63, after two earlier decades of being morbidly obese, my doctors are finally telling me that the menisci in both of my knees are shot, and arthritis is beginning to work on my ankles and hips...(family trait). At a time like this I am sure glad I am not a farm animal... Bone-on-bone grating of the knees sure does hurt on a rainy day in Spain. Voltaren and paracetamol work very well, but only for so long.

FYI, after FOUR Caminos, this time my rucksack was FINALLY down to 23 pounds / 10 kilos. This is less than my starting "naked" (eeeeuw!) weight of 246 pounds, or 112 kilos.

Talk about irony. It took me four Camino efforts over as many years, as Ivar can attest by my "down the road" shipments to him each year, to lighten my load. Each year, I struggled to shave every ounce and gram, spending money on the lightest quality gear money could buy. In the process, continually proved Albert Einstein's theorem about insanity...repeating the same rucksack loading experiment, while somehow thinking it would, somehow, trick the scale...

Karma being what it is, Nate & Faith will receive all my earlier "test objects" when I bring them to the Pilgrim House donativo in July. Nate and I spoke in April, and they are willing to take all my "surplus to requirements" Camino stuff off my hands. As I will work as a Voluntario through the Feast of Santiago, and for some weeks thereafter, checking a second bag through to Santiago is the easiest solution. It is time to pare back and give back...

After I had to quit at Sarria in April from the discomfort and pain, I am reassessing how best to continue to do a Camino as long as I can stand. It does not affect my ability to volunteer at Santiago each year, but it does affect walking a Camino.

Both the Correos and the commercial mochila services offer very viable alternatives for assistance with mochilas. I will work them into my future plans. As I typically do not stay in albergues, I should mot have problems arriving "assisted" by the mochila service.

On the plus side, I can now board most airlines sooner as a person needing extra time to board, as I must use a cane some days...in case one of my knees decides to go one way, when I want to go the other way.

Still and all, while getting old can be a bit$h, it sure beats the alternative of NOT living longer to get older...

Thanks again.

Last edited:
The one that will put your backpack in a plastic bag so it doesn't pick up chinches along the way. ;) Have heard of some arm twisting texhniques from an operator, asking albegues to only offer their services or else they would no longer drop off bags to them. Not nice.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Using Jacotrans right now. I like that we can book online with a credit card and that they store our information so we don't have to enter it each time. So far they've been reliable.

Thanks for the info. My doctors are now recommending no more hiking (Caminos) with a heavy rucksack...sheesh!

At 63, after two earlier decades of being morbidly obese, my doctors are finally telling me that the menisci in both of my knees are shot, and arthritis is beginning to work on my ankles and hips...(family trait). At a time like this I am sure glad I am not a farm animal... Bone-on-bone grating of the knees sure does hurt on a rainy day in Spain. Voltaren and paracetamol work very well, but only for so long.

FYI, after FOUR Caminos, this time my rucksack was FINALLY down to 23 pounds / 10 kilos. This is less than my starting "naked" (eeeeuw!) weight of 246 pounds, or 112 kilos.

Talk about irony. It took me four Camino efforts over as many years, as Ivar can attest by my "down the road" shipments to him each year, to lighten my load. Each year, I struggled to shave every ounce and gram, spending money on the lightest quality gear money could buy. In the process, continually proved Albert Einstein's theorem about insanity...repeating the same rucksack loading experiment, while somehow thinking it would, somehow, trick the scale...

Karma being what it is, Nate & Faith will receive all my earlier "test objects" when I bring them to the Pilgrim House donativo in July. Nate and I spoke in April, and they are willing to take all my "surplus to requirements" Camino stuff off my hands. As I will work as a Voluntario through the Feast of Santiago, and for some weeks thereafter, checking a second bag through to Santiago is the easiest solution. It is time to pare back and give back...

After I had to quit at Sarria in April from the discomfort and pain, I am reassessing how best to continue to do a Camino as long as I can stand. It does not affect my ability to volunteer at Santiago each year, but it does affect walking a Camino.

Both the Correos and the commercial mochila services offer very viable alternatives for assistance with mochilas. I will work them into my future plans. As I typically do not stay in albergues, I should mot have problems arriving "assisted" by the mochila service.

On the plus side, I can now board most airlines sooner as a person needing extra time to board, as I must use a cane some days...in case one of my knees decides to go one way, when I want to go the other way.

Still and all, while getting old can be a bit$h, it sure beats the alternative of NOT living longer to get older...

Thanks again.

Begging the moderators' indulgence... hang on in there! new discoveries and techniques for those of us with dodgy knees are being made everyday. What we all need in the future is a levitation knee brace.

Just a quick aside. When I first came across reports of this device I though that it was a joke but apparently it will begin shipping this September. I will report back with any reports and reviews as they become available.

Back to the OP. Last April/May our friend used Jacotrans for most of the Frances and Correos for some stages. No problems with either and when we did hear of mochilas going astray they were quickly located.

Buen Camino and may your Life Go Well

Using Jacotrans right now. I like that we can book online with a credit card and that they store our information so we don't have to enter it each time. So far they've been reliable.

Hello. Just wanted to mention: in Caminofacil's website you can also book online with a credit card, and the site also saves your personal information.

As for the quality of our service, I am obviously biased ;), so I'll let those who have used it speak for us. Do a search for "Caminofacil" in this forum and you'll see what people have said about us... ;)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The Levitation knee brace looks promising, but OH so expensive... I am not there yet, but I did save the URL as a bookmark for future reference. Thanks for the lead.

The Levitation knee brace looks promising, but OH so expensive... I am not there yet, but I did save the URL as a bookmark for future reference. Thanks for the lead.

My knee is heading in your direction, t2andreo, but I was recently told by my doctor to hang in there, not do anything drastic, and wait for the enormous improvements that are coming for knee procedures. Laparoscopy, injections to rebuild, etc -- I didn't really pay too much attention since I'm determined to walk this camino come hell or high water, but knowing that new medical miracles may not be far away have reduced my anxiety quite a bit. :)

On September 1 of this year, I will be on my third Camino, this time starting in Astorga. Due to a bone marrow transplant, my oncologist is letting me go, but won't let me carry a backpack. I did see both Camino Facil and Jacotrans on my last two trips moving backpacks from one albergue to another. Is one better or more reliable than the other? Any input is appreciated. - Steve

We started using Jacotrans a week ago and it has been reliable. We like to be more unscheduled so we just call everyday to tell them where to pick up and where to drop off. We use Skype to call with wifi. It does mean we have to plan a day ahead and phone to reserve a room first. I needed the transport service because of foot problems and am so glad we used it because my feet are staying healthy.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I was recently told much the same thing.

Here in South Florida, they are making progress growing one's own stem cells in a lab around a "matrix" that is 3D computer shaped to replace the menisci cartilage we all have in our knees. It is even advertised on the TV. They surgically replace your natural mensici, or in my case what little remains of the original, with this custom-built replacement part. I am thinking that this might forestall the artificial knee replacement surgery my mom had about 10 years ago.

Since moving here seven months ago, I have noticed that medical care of all type, but especially procedures and therapies aimed at older folks with movement issues, abound. After all, this is where the demand for good medical care is highest.

I am waiting for the long term results of this stem cell - menisci replacement thing, and conversion to accepted therapy as opposed to experimental mode, before I submit to it. But it sounds like a long-term plan.

For now, I am thinking of using a mochila transport service for my next Camino, in 2017. As I do not typically use albergues it should be fine. If that does not work well, Plan B is to try a bicycle Camino.

But regardless, I WILL adapt and overcome!

We used Caminofacil from León to Santiago and were extremely pleased with their service. We were able to book everything online and print out all our luggage tags. The tags had bar codes as well as our name and destination and our bag was waiting for us at the end of every day. No problems at all.

Another new and good backpack transport service is that of the Spanish post office or Correos. You can easily book the night before directly via your smartphone. Read more here.

Speaking of Correos, I emailed them to ask how payment is managed and they suggested that I make a deposit into their bank account and then send them the receipt (something I would rather not hassle with), but they didn't comment on how future payments would be made. Even more curious is the price quote they gave me for two different sections I plan to walk (as follows):

The rate for your walk Burgos – Villalcazar de Sirga is 12€/suitcase(all the stages are included).

The rate for your walk León – Santiago de Compostela is 15€/suitcase(all the stages are included).

I don't have a clue what this means. It couldn't possibly mean they charge only 15 euros for all the stages from Leon to Santiago or that they charge 15 euros per day. I have read their web site in depth and while their rates are listed, they don't explain how payment is made.

I would be interested in anyone else's experience using Correos. Gracias.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Speaking of Correos, I emailed them to ask how payment is managed and they suggested that I make a deposit into their bank account and then send them the receipt (something I would rather not hassle with), but they didn't comment on how future payments would be made. Even more curious is the price quote they gave me for two different sections I plan to walk (as follows):

The rate for your walk Burgos – Villalcazar de Sirga is 12€/suitcase(all the stages are included).

The rate for your walk León – Santiago de Compostela is 15€/suitcase(all the stages are included).

I don't have a clue what this means. It couldn't possibly mean they charge only 15 euros for all the stages from Leon to Santiago or that they charge 15 euros per day. I have read their web site in depth and while their rates are listed, they don't explain how payment is made.

I would be interested in anyone else's experience using Correos. Gracias.

The price that they quote you is the total sum for that section of the route. Send them back an email asking them to confirm your understanding of what they wrote.

The price that they quote you is the total sum for that section of the route. Send them back an email asking them to confirm your understanding of what they wrote.

Yes, I will email them to confirm, but if you are correct this is an incredibly low price. For example, it will take me 18 days to walk from Leon to Santiago and their rate of 15 euros works out to less than 1 euro per transfer. This is way less than Jacotrans or CaminoFacil. I would be happy to prepay via bank account to get this deal if I don't have to make any further payments.

I would imagine that Correos means transporting the suitcase once directly from Leon to SdC for 15 euros. Hence transporting it only one day across that length of the camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I would imagine that Correos means transporting the suitcase once directly from Leon to SdC for 15 euros. Hence transporting it only one day across that length of the camino.

ah...that must be it. I will clarify it with them. Thanks, Margaret. You are so helpful to so many of us on this Forum - a real Camino angel.

We used Caminofacil from León to Santiago and were extremely pleased with their service. We were able to book everything online and print out all our luggage tags. The tags had bar codes as well as our name and destination and our bag was waiting for us at the end of every day. No problems at all.

Hi!
My name is Cathy Khang from State of Kentucky USA?
Plan on doing Camino, for the first time, poss. mid March to first week of April 2017.
Do Camine facil servicing during that time of the year? Just wondering....
That service is greatly helpful to both of us, we are 70plus ages.
We walk with day pack and without pack, surely there is much differences.
Hope, some company will serve, so we could enjoy our walk and discover the
beauty of God's creations. How is the weather like of that time.
From Cathy K.

My wife and I just came back from Camino Frances. My wife had knee problems and the doctor advised us to lighten our packs, so we ended up using transport services. We used both Jacotrans and Correos.

First we used Jacotrans and they were great. They were charging us 6 euros/day as long as it is < 30-km and less than 15-kg. Then I inquired with Correos. The one problem with Correos is how to pay. They can't accept credit cards over the phone and they asked me to go to a Correos office to pay (or use wire transfer). I was a few days away from a Correos office and they said to just put 4 euros in properly labelled envelope. When I got my luggage that evening, the hospitalera said it was Jacotrans who brought it and she said that "in the Kingdom of Navarre, we don't like to work with Correos". They see Correos as a BIG competitor to the small businesses. It seemed to me that at least for some stages, Jacotrans is sub-contracting to the locals and the locals are just protecting their livelihood. So my wife and I decided to just use Jacotrans so that we could support the small businesses, even if they were a bit more expensive.

Then things changed when we reached Burgos. In Burgos, the Jacotrans weight-limit changed to 12-kg and we were having communication problems with the Jacotrans people in that area. So we started using Correos. We had to pay a one-time fee (at the Correos office in Burgos) to cover the distance from Burgos to Santiago that included daily transfer no matter how many days it took us to reach Santiago. It seemed to me that they used the Brieley stages to determine approximate number of days and then multiplied that by 4 euros. We did not follow the Brieley stages and it took us more days, but our luggage was still delivered every day... so that was a big advantage for us. A dis-advantage to this is that if you are a fast walker (taking less # of days vs. Brieley guide), or you need to abort your walk for whatever reason, then you end up paying more.

For people who speak only English, one big advantage of Correos is that they speak fluent English (at least, the 2 Correos people I interacted with). We also did most of the scheduling via email. This is important because there were some towns where my phone (Orange SIM card) could not get any signal. Since most Albergues have wifi, then being able to do it with email is a good thing. I think Correos is also on WhatsApp.

One disadvantage of Correos is how to pay. At the time I was inquiring, there were only 2 ways to pay for multi-stage service: 1) bank wire transfer (more expensive due to fees) or 2) pay in cash at Correos office.

If you want to use Correos and you don't want to pay via bank wire transfer, perhaps you can first use Jacotrans (or any of the other services) until you reach a Correos office.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
BTW, if you want to use Correos, send email to:

mimochila@correos.com

and ask for a quote. They will ask you the start and end location of your entire camino and they will give you a quote based on that. You can then pay that amount via wire transfer, or pay with cash at a Correos office.

One other note re: Correos.

It seemed to me that their "official rate" is 4 euros each day (max of 20-kg, 30-km). However, I got the impression from the lady I spoke with that the flat rate they did with us was a way for them to promote the service. It seems like not a lot of people are using Correos at this time (most luggages I saw had Jacotrans label on them) and Correos want to break into the market... even the people at the Correos office didn't know how to "receive" my payment - I had to ask the lady I spoke with to call the Correos office to sort things out.

I am in Samos and have used Correos since Burgos, in two separate transactions. In Burgos, I paid at the Correos office for Burgos to Leon. After taking a break in Leon, I emailed for a quote and was told 52 Euros from Leon to Santiago, no matter how many stages/stops. I arranged with Correos to put the 52 euros in cash in a Correos envelope on the first day they picked up my bag in Leon. So, you don't need to pay via wire transfer or at the Correos office if you are comfortable leaving money in the Correos envelope. I sent them my itinerary (I am one who books ahead) and I also add each stop to their label on my bag each day. The service at Correos has been excellent, with email responses within an hour, often just 10 minutes. I am very happy with Correos so far.

I used Jacotrans for my Caminos during the previous three years with mixed results. Two of the four "contractors" who were part of the Jacotrans group were excellent and two were not so good, poor communication, etc. P.S. I speak Spanish so language was not an issue. Correos has worked out to be about half the cost of Jacotrans because my stages are typically short, about 17-23 km.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I arranged with Correos to put the 52 euros in cash in a Correos envelope on the first day they picked up my bag in Leon. So, you don't need to pay via wire transfer or at the Correos office if you are comfortable leaving money in the Correos envelope.

Oh, this is new. I'm glad it worked out for you.

I actually asked Correos about doing this, but they said (paraphrase) "it is not advised as sometimes, other companies just take the luggage even if it is not for them". Without actually saying it, I got the impression that the Correos lady was implying that this practice is rampant, especially in Navarre.

In one of my earlier posts on this same thread, I mentioned about an incident where the hospitalera said they don't like working with Correos because Correos is killing the smaller local businesses and that even if my luggage was supposed to be delivered by Correos, it was Jacotrans that actually delivered it. Jacotrans delivered the luggage clearly labeled for Correos even if it contained only 4 euros (normal Jacotrans charge was 6 euros).

We used a credit card in the Correos office in Sahagun where at first we bought the "5 stages for 20 euro" card. Then in Astorga a manager explained that we could have unlimited stages all the way to Santiago (the regular staff did not seem to be familiar with this deal). Astorga also took a credit card. It cost us 44 euros, and we wound up needing 17 stages to Santiago. That's 2.59 euros per stage. We did not like that our emails were not acknowledged, and found that it was best to call them every night. They even called us in the morning when we took a rest day on two different occasions to make sure we hadn't forgotten to call them. They had my name and phone number in the computer, so knew where I was and would bring up my account and enter my next destination. Of course you need to know where you're staying the next day. The service was excellent, and they always finished with a "Bye, Mary."

OK, then there's definitely a disconnect between the mimochila folks running this service and the Correos offices. Mimochila clearly told me over the phone that they can not process credit card payments over the phone. When I asked if I can use credit card at the Correos office, they said "cash only". So I brought cash to the Correos office and never even bothered to inquire about credit card.

The mimochila folks said, though, that they are working on being able to process credit card payments over the phone, but "this could take some time".

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I can't speak for Camino Facil, but I have never had an issue with Jacotrans.

I like that they are on WhatsApp so it is really easy to message them each evening regarding your plans for the following day.
Hello Julia.
Can you pls give me Jacotran's number that's registered in WhatsApp? I will be doing the Camino from Sarria to SDC next month and I would need a reliable luggage transfer service.
Thank you and Buen Camino

I've just used Caminofacil for our suitcases, (for post Camino travel), from Saint Jean to Pamplona. They were brilliant, easy to communicate with, prompt, hassle free and very reasonable. Highly recommend.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was recently told much the same thing.

Here in South Florida, they are making progress growing one's own stem cells in a lab around a "matrix" that is 3D computer shaped to replace the menisci cartilage we all have in our knees. It is even advertised on the TV. They surgically replace your natural mensici, or in my case what little remains of the original, with this custom-built replacement part. I am thinking that this might forestall the artificial knee replacement surgery my mom had about 10 years ago.

Since moving here seven months ago, I have noticed that medical care of all type, but especially procedures and therapies aimed at older folks with movement issues, abound. After all, this is where the demand for good medical care is highest.

I am waiting for the long term results of this stem cell - menisci replacement thing, and conversion to accepted therapy as opposed to experimental mode, before I submit to it. But it sounds like a long-term plan.

For now, I am thinking of using a mochila transport service for my next Camino, in 2017. As I do not typically use albergues it should be fine. If that does not work well, Plan B is to try a bicycle Camino.

But regardless, I WILL adapt and overcome!
Have you thought about trying to just take I set of clothes, a poncho & a fleece? Then stay only in hostels that provide bedding? Or would that be too much weight & cost? I just realized this is a very personal question so don't answer that. I had walked with a person that never stayed in alburgues only fancy hotels & would taxi past area's that did not have hotel type service. I will say we were about as opposite on this as people can be. Yet it did remind me that we all go on pilgrimage for our own reason & must not Expect others to follow our personal set of rules. Some would find mine extreme.
I just pray you continue to find a way.
Keith

Does Jacotrans deliver to more than just the places listed on their website? When I emailed them they said they deliver to "all the accomodations" but when I am trying to book the first few days of our journey now, they do not have some of the places we are staying as options on their pull down menu?

Is there a complete list or even better an App for jacotrans?

Or, am I overthinking this and it will take care of itself when I am on the camino?

Last time I walked between Sarria and Compostela, I noticed that hospitaleros in private albergues have clearly taken part in the "mochileros" business. They organize luggages and call for the companies or taxi drivers -for a commission, I guess. They will know the better and less expensive transportations guys, do not worry about that.
Commercial services are currently everywhere in the Camino, especially in the last stages.

Last edited:
I am planning on bringing a group of teachers to do Sarria to Santiago next Easter. What happens if you do not have an albergue booked in the next town? Can you just nominate your backpack to be sent to any albergue and pick it up there and then decide where you want to stay?

I am planning on bringing a group of teachers to do Sarria to Santiago next Easter. What happens if you do not have an albergue booked in the next town? Can you just nominate your backpack to be sent to any albergue and pick it up there and then decide where you want to stay?
No you cannot just send your backpack anywhere randomly. Can you imagine what this would mean for the hospy? Taking time off their busy schedule to receive your bag, store it, secure it. Then most likely expect that you will be hoping spending the night there and either saving you a bed or at worrying that you expect a bed when they may al be already booked. This is not fair to any hospitalero.

If walking during Easter, booking ahead really should be top of mind.

Hello:

You wrote us to our contact email too and my coworkers answered you, from what I've been told. However, for the benefit of other forum readers: if you haven't booked an albergue, you can still use our services and we'll carry your bag to the town and leave it in one of our own dropoff points (restaurants or hostels that we work with). However, that's really a last resort, and we do recommend you to book in advance, specially during Easter (as Anemone said).

If you change your mind later and change albergues, you can always log into our website and change your reservation.

We (three 70 year old pals), use Jacotrans to transport our backpacks from Sarria to Santiago in March, 2020.
They were great and the price was reasonable.

We stayed in various lodgings, including hotels, albergues, hostels, private apartments, and casas rurales, and we had excellent service, and no problems.

We carried day packs with water, snacks, medications, blister supplies, and a few other items.
Even though we trained for over 6 months and carried our packs, with the health and orthopedic joint issues we have, it was a wise decision to use the transport service, especially the first day with some jet lag, a 15 mile hike, and rain most of the day.

Some of our party had various health and/or orthopedic issues and we were glad that we were made aware of their services, we were glad that we used Jacotrans, we would highly recommend them, and if we get the opportunity to return and walk other sections of the Camino, we will definitely use them again.

Thank you very much Jacotrans.

I used Jacotrans 2016, 2017 and 2019. they were great

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Thanks again.
Hi courage
after my knee surgery the surgeon told me that if I continue being fat I would need a artificial knee in a couple of years. He was built like an ox and not all muscle to put it kindly. So mentally I gestured what is sure not ladylike and smiled and thought I show you I will finish my almost 3000 km Camino and my VdlP and then we see about who gets what and when. There was a study done in the late 80 about hip athrosis and showing with mobility under pain management, they did it with extreme cooling, walking ability returned and pain level decrease.
For pain manegement have you used. TENS unit ? It decreased my pain medication to nearly 0.
Old findings are too that more muscle capability less stress on your joints, of course work those quats maybe with a therapist smart. Walking with sticks ok and if needed transferring your bag ok.
come he’ll or high water Camino we come as soon you know...

Sorry got a bit side tracked.

Hi courage
after my knee surgery the surgeon told me that if I continue being fat I would need a artificial knee in a couple of years. He was built like an ox and not all muscle to put it kindly. So mentally I gestured what is sure not ladylike and smiled and thought I show you I will finish my almost 3000 km Camino and my VdlP and then we see about who gets what and when. There was a study done in the late 80 about hip athrosis and showing with mobility under pain management, they did it with extreme cooling, walking ability returned and pain level decrease.
For pain manegement have you used. TENS unit ? It decreased my pain medication to nearly 0.
Old findings are too that more muscle capability less stress on your joints, of course work those quats maybe with a therapist smart. Walking with sticks ok and if needed transferring your bag ok.
come he’ll or high water Camino we come as soon you know...

Sorry got a bit side tracked.
Here are some products we use

Attachments

• IMG_20200414_101845.jpg
    IMG_20200414_101845.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 3
If you know where you are going to stay each night, the Correos service enables you to print out one label with all your stops pre-printed on the one label, so need to re-label each night. We used their fixed rate for Sarria to Santiago and pre-printed and laminated the label before we left. Its one of the features which make me believe that Correos is the best service.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.