• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

camino finished

katief

Time of past OR future Camino
April/May (2015) Sept (2015)
Hello all, I have just returned from completing my Camino from Leon to Finisterre, we did first half in April/May. I can truly say that it was the walk of a lifetime.......I would like to thank all you folks on this forum for your tips and advice. I would also like to say a big Gracias to all the hospitalerios we stayed with on the way, especially Michael Held in Pilgrims Albergue in Navarette for his welcome and glass of vino tinto and his help and advice, and also the ladies and gent in Glaucelmo in Rabanal for their welcome on a very wet afternoon....we found nothing but kindness, courtesy and welcome from every hospitelario along the road. The walking was great, tough at times, the scenery wonderful, the villages lovely, the churchtowers beautiful, our fellow peregrinos a friendly lot, we have made lifelong friends, lifelong memories and are so very grateful that we had the opportunity to step outside our comfort zones and take a very long walk in Spain........Thank you Espania, thank you Santiago and thank you Lord for giving us the legs and the health to walk in the footsteps of countless pilgrims down through the centuries........Muchos Gracías and Buen Camino to all who will walk or are walking.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Congratulations! I agree on the welcome offered on the Camino. I never understand the comments of those who complain about everything. My experiences have never been like that. It makes me suspect that it is about the pilgrim and not the pilgrimage. It is great that you had such a memorable time. :)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hello all, I have just returned from completing my Camino from Leon to Finisterre, we did first half in April/May. I can truly say that it was the walk of a lifetime.......I would like to thank all you folks on this forum for your tips and advice. I would also like to say a big Gracias to all the hospitalerios we stayed with on the way, especially Michael Held in Pilgrims Albergue in Navarette for his welcome and glass of vino tinto and his help and advice, and also the ladies and gent in Glaucelmo in Rabanal for their welcome on a very wet afternoon....we found nothing but kindness, courtesy and welcome from every hospitelario along the road. The walking was great, tough at times, the scenery wonderful, the villages lovely, the churchtowers beautiful, our fellow peregrinos a friendly lot, we have made lifelong friends, lifelong memories and are so very grateful that we had the opportunity to step outside our comfort zones and take a very long walk in Spain........Thank you Espania, thank you Santiago and thank you Lord for giving us the legs and the health to walk in the footsteps of countless pilgrims down through the centuries........Muchos Gracías and Buen Camino to all who will walk or are walking.
Hi Katie, concratulations from me to. Mabe you will return to the Camino in
the future.
I wish you well, Peter.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
What a wonderful positive post on what sounds like a wonderful Camino.Thank you for brightening up a very cold morning.

I'd like to join with all the others who offered congratulations. I wonder if it's really finished? Maybe somewhere at the back of your mind is the thought you could do it again sometime.

Congratulations! I agree on the welcome offered on the Camino. I never understand the comments of those who complain about everything. My experiences have never been like that. It makes me suspect that it is about the pilgrim and not the pilgrimage. It is great that you had such a memorable time. :)
We go on pilgrimage from Knock to Croagh Patrick (The Reek) every year, we walk about 50 miles or so and then climb the Reek, a mere doddle after the Camino, but every year we meet Fr. Frank Fahey, Parish Priest in Ballintubber Abbey and he always says to us "Remember a pilgrim never complains, but says Thanks be to God" when he is sending us on our Way.......I suppose we carried that thought with us on Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Katie, concratulations from me to. Mabe you will return to the Camino in
the future.
I wish you well, Peter.
Thanks Peter...I would very much like to....I hope you are keeping well and enjoy your Camino in Portugal next year....that one is rolling around in my head too.....

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back