• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Finisterre in December/Jan

Andrewere

I'm planning to walk from SDC - Finisterre - Muxia - SDC from 26th December 08 to 4th January 09. Is there a recommended route back from Muxia to SDC that avoids covering the same ground.

Also are any refuges likely to be open.

Many thanks,

Andrew.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello Andrew
The John Brierley guide to the Camino Fisterra gives a return route from Muxia to Olveiroa (30.2km) but thereafter he suggests retracing the route back to Santiago de Commpostela via Negreira. Will be interested to hear if you do find an alternative route!
There are some long days on this camino and daylight hours will be reduced so I imagine you possibly have to be a strider rather than a walker-?
Happy planning and buen camino!
Laura

aeveling said:
I'm planning to walk from SDC - Finisterre - Muxia - SDC from 26th December 08 to 4th January 09. Is there a recommended route back from Muxia to SDC that avoids covering the same ground.

Also are any refuges likely to be open.

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Hello Andrew,

Interesting to be in Finisterre staying the last/first night of the year.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
We are prepared for whatever the weather might through at us. We spent several hours on Sunday walking near Stonehenge in the pouring rain! We haven't booked accommodation yet but have assumed there will be places open. We will reserve places in hotels/hostels nearer the time.
It will be the first time I've been at the end of the World at the end of the year!

Andrew.

Salisbury, UK

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back