Camino Finisterre/Muxia - Late November 2017 | Camino de Santiago Forum
Camino Guides (for sale) | Camino Guides made by pilgrims

By Signing up to the forum (free) you will be able to:

-- Ask any Camino related question you might have
-- Participate in the camino conversation on this forum
-- Get an weekly e-mail (Saturdays) with the most popular topics from the last 7 days
-- Be able to download pdf's and other Camino Resources
Sign
Weekly forum email Daily forum email Luggage Storage in Santiago de Compostela
Search 30 000 Camino Questions right here... your question might have been asked before
Dismiss Notice
Have a question you would like to ask? Here is how you do it!

Camino Finisterre/Muxia - Late November 2017

Discussion in 'Santiago to Finisterre and Muxia' started by Raymond Aquilina, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Raymond Aquilina

Raymond Aquilina Ray

Camino(s) past & future:
    Camino Portugues - Lisbon to Santiago de Compostela (2015)
    Camino Frances (Sep 2016)
    Dear Forum Members,
    I am thinking of doing my third Camino. This time it will be a shorter one after having compeleted the Camino Portugues from Lisbon in 2015 and the Camino Frances fro SJPD in 2016.

This time I want to complete the round route from Santaiago Finisterre/Muxia/ Santiago.

Due to the time avaioalable I am hoping to start the last week of Novemeber but I am not sure if it is too late before winter arrives in terms of weather and lenght of days. I expect by that time (in Spain) sunrise is late and sunset early.
    Coulde someone give me some information about these issues.

Meanwhile I thank you for your continuous help through the Forum.

Regards,
    Ray Aquilina

Phil W likes this.
  2. jsalt

jsalt Jill Donating Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Portugués, Francés, Norte, Du Puy, Rota Vicentina, De Soulac
    Hi Ray, no problem, quite doable. At the end of Nov 2013 I walked: Santiago to Negreira to Olveiroa to Corcubion to Lires (via Finisterre) to Muxia to Olveiroa to Santa Marina to Negreira to Santiago. Had fantastic weather, and no problem finding a bed.
    Jill

Phil W and Tincatinker like this.
  3. vlebe

vlebe Walker Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    2001; 2004; 2009; 2013, (2016/2017)
    Hey Raymond! As Already mentioned, this is completely doable... No road blocks!! Last year I arrived in Santiago around dec 21st, and headed to Finister the following day. There was no problems whatsoever apart from the expected lack of choices to sleep: deep in winter, as soon as you enter galicia, you can expect that the Xunta albergues will be always open year round but, from Santiago to Finisterra ( at least that "Christmas week") they were the only ones open (I never had problems to find a place to sleep though).

And still, that was late december... I'm sure that late november you'll be fine! Autumn is a lovey (I'd say almost perfect) season for a Camino .

4. Raymond Aquilina

Raymond Aquilina Ray

Camino(s) past & future:
    Camino Portugues - Lisbon to Santiago de Compostela (2015)
    Camino Frances (Sep 2016)
    Hi Jill,
    Thanks a lot for your encouragement. The previous times I did a camino was in May and September. I want to give it a try this time just before winter. I am sure it will be wonderful as most probably I will avoid the usual rush to the albergues which I experienced last year in September.
    Kind regards,
    Ray