• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Finisterre/Muxia - Late November 2017

Time of past OR future Camino
FRuture: Camino Sureste (2022)
Dear Forum Members,
I am thinking of doing my third Camino. This time it will be a shorter one after having compeleted the Camino Portugues from Lisbon in 2015 and the Camino Frances fro SJPD in 2016.

This time I want to complete the round route from Santaiago Finisterre/Muxia/ Santiago.

Due to the time avaioalable I am hoping to start the last week of Novemeber but I am not sure if it is too late before winter arrives in terms of weather and lenght of days. I expect by that time (in Spain) sunrise is late and sunset early.
Coulde someone give me some information about these issues.

Meanwhile I thank you for your continuous help through the Forum.

Regards,
Ray Aquilina

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Ray, no problem, quite doable. At the end of Nov 2013 I walked: Santiago to Negreira to Olveiroa to Corcubion to Lires (via Finisterre) to Muxia to Olveiroa to Santa Marina to Negreira to Santiago. Had fantastic weather, and no problem finding a bed.
Jill

Hey Raymond! As Already mentioned, this is completely doable... No road blocks!! Last year I arrived in Santiago around dec 21st, and headed to Finister the following day. There was no problems whatsoever apart from the expected lack of choices to sleep: deep in winter, as soon as you enter galicia, you can expect that the Xunta albergues will be always open year round but, from Santiago to Finisterra ( at least that "Christmas week") they were the only ones open (I never had problems to find a place to sleep though).

And still, that was late december... I'm sure that late november you'll be fine! Autumn is a lovey (I'd say almost perfect) season for a Camino .

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hey Raymond! As Already mentioned, this is completely doable... No road blocks!! Last year I arrived in Santiago around dec 21st, and headed to Finister the following day. There was no problems whatsoever apart from the expected lack of choices to sleep: deep in winter, as soon as you enter galicia, you can expect that the Xunta albergues will be always open year round but, from Santiago to Finisterra ( at least that "Christmas week") they were the only ones open (I never had problems to find a place to sleep though).

And still, that was late december... I'm sure that late november you'll be fine! Autumn is a lovey (I'd say almost perfect) season for a Camino .

Hi Jill,
Thanks a lot for your encouragement. The previous times I did a camino was in May and September. I want to give it a try this time just before winter. I am sure it will be wonderful as most probably I will avoid the usual rush to the albergues which I experienced last year in September.
Kind regards,
Ray

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back