• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

camino finisterre muxia

johns

RIP 2018
Time of past OR future Camino
CF "2010" Ingles and Finisterre "2011" CP - L-P-S "2012" F /M "2013" c norte may 2014 CP 2015
hi everyone haveing a short camino with my granson sam [18] from santiago finisterre muxia will not stay in refugios this time and will walk for five days from 22 03 2013 to 28 03 2013
might try the albergue in muxia miss out on the one in finisterre in december 2011 when i stayed there when i did the camino ingles to finisterre there was a infestation and everyone was in one room john :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi John
being an albergue and having an infestation previously may not actually be reliable indicators for bed bugs this time a round.
I can't say that either the Muxia or Finisterre municipal albergues would be first choices again for me and definitely at the bottom of the list in wet cold weather. Muxia is like a gloomy concrete cathedral, a typical Xunta folly, grandiose in design but of little practical use to the pilgrim - especially a wet one in cold weather. Finisterre has that really inhospitable thing they do where they lock you out of the main body of the albergue at night and you have to exit from the dormitory in the morning with a swing door that locks behind you. There's far better places to stay in that town.
Twice I've experienced bold mice at the albergue in Olveiroa, but I hear it's better now. And the second time I was there the guy who chose to stay in the private pension next door came out covered in bed bug bites. But the year after (2011) people I was walking with who stayed in both reported no problems at all.

hi tom. thanks for your reply its not a hard choice were to stay it will be private i/m sure. try to be carefull picking rooms. will check past coments on forum for any tips thanks john.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi John,
I am also doing the camino to finisterre-muxia during Semana Santa (March 24-30). It will be my first time doing this, I may be traveling with a couple other people as well. Would be cool to possibly meet up with you and your son or grandson? I forgot when reading your post. I am 27 and currently live in Santiago with my wife and son (4 years old). We are from NY and enjoying our time in Spain. I have read many things about the hostals, some good some bad. Basically if all you need is a place to rest your head and stay dry for the evening, you are in luck! I willl be bringing my hiking hammock along with me so that if there are vacancy issues I can just sleep in that and save some money! Hope you enjoy your trip! Do you currently live in Santiago now??

hi nick. i do not live in spain i/m from manchester. england. uk walking with my grandson sam [18 ] no probs finding somewere to stay. staying in albergues is what lots of peregrinos do .done a few caminos my planning is easy come easy go if we meet up i will get the beer in. john :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?
Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back