• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Camino for cats

Rob the Slob

A slob
Time of past OR future Camino
Madrid to Santiago (May 2016)
I just stumbled across an article on the BBC site (http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35890789) about the resurgence of lynxes in Spain and Portugal. It makes for an interesting read, but what got me was the bit about the non-territorial lynxes, the ones that wander. Specifically, according to the picture of the GPS tracks, one of them seems to be making his way to SdC.

So come on, own up: which of our forum members is actually a lynx? Has anyone been posting about the benefits of fur coats while walking, a strong preference for rabbit as the menu del dia, or the importance of napping several times a day?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hahahahahahaha! That is funny... modern day puss in boots heading to his first camino....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
That's cool they are trying to bring back lynx numbers to Spain. I would love to see one while on the Camino, but I know they are very secretive and shy. In all my years roaming about in the outdoors I only saw bobcats in Texas twice. That was very cool, and they were there one minute, and then sort of melted away into the brush in an instant.

I was going to ask if there are any cougars in Spain, but I know how your minds work so I won't.
Being in my very , very late 20's , cougars are one of my passions. Sorry for the blatent admission but Wild ..life........well?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Cougars have proliferated in my part of the world - western Canada, and have begun to be caught in significant numbers in traps set legally for wolves. I admit to not being too upset at the loss of some members of the cougar population, since they are more likely than wolves to regard me as a tasty snack. But this effort to encourage one type of wildlife (disappearing woodland cariboo) by slaughtering another (wolves) certainly raises as many questions as it answers.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Back