• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

camino for two days?

Kathy O Regan

Time of past OR future Camino
Hoping to do two days this year, 2018
Hi,

Is it possible to just walk a route for two days and end up in Santiago? My mam is reluctant to walk any more than two days...!

Thank you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Kathy -- welcome to the forums!

There are no rules / regulations preventing you and your mom from starting at any location two days out from Santiago and walking the remainder of the Camino (Francés / Primitivo, Portugués, etc.). The only limitation is that you wouldn't qualify for a compostela from the church since that requires walking further.

If getting a certificate isn't important to you or your mom, though, then just pick which route into Santiago would interest you and your mom the most. Fly into Santiago and then take a bus to your starting location and start walking. :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Kathy,

One thing to keep in mind: Albergues in communities within two days of Santiago won't be used to people starting their Camino there. Every albergue sets its own rules but many require that you've already walked that day before you are admitted (demonstrated by showing stamps in your credencial). If you plan on staying at an albergue in your starting community (for the night before you start walking) I suggest you contact them in advance and let them know that you are actually *starting* your Camino there. Make sure they understand and accept that you won't be arriving with stamps already in your credencial.

If you are starting your walk on the same day as you take the bus from Santiago (or if you aren't staying in albergues), then that won't be an issue. Also, some albergues (such as many private albergues) do not require proof of walking that day.

Good luck with your planning. Let us know how your Camino goes.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Seems more like a walk than a camino to me. I think a more camino-like walk would be Pamplona to Estella with an overnight in Puente la Reina. This would be about a 24 km walk followed by a 22 km walk and since many leave from Pamplona you don't have that problem mentioned by @stratophile above.

Gently, gently Pilgrims please. Some of us would walk from Ultima Thule if the Albergues were open and some of us just can't do that. Two days into Santiago will be an incredible adventure for some and there is enough accommodation to provide for all comers.

The only answer to the OP's question is yes. They won't qualify for a compostella (unless they're planning 50km days) but that wasn't the question.

@Kathy O Regan I hope you and your mum have fun.

And who knows, maybe mum will discover that she can walk all the way from Dun Laoghaire to Finisterre if she wants to ;)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you!
I would walk for days and days but it's taken me a long time to get my mam to agree to two days, and like you said, it may just be the start!

Just looking at it here now! Is it into Santiago we would fly to start two days out?

Thanks a mill all!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Gently, gently Pilgrims please. Some of us would walk from Ultima Thule if the Albergues were open and some of us just can't do that. Two days into Santiago will be an incredible adventure for some and there is enough accommodation to provide for all comers.

The only answer to the OP's question is yes. They won't qualify for a compostella (unless they're planning 50km days) but that wasn't the question.

@Kathy O Regan I hope you and your mum have fun.

And who knows, maybe mum will discover that she can walk all the way from Dun Laoghaire to Finisterre if she wants to ;)
I'm in the same boat. Hi peregrino! I decided to visit madrid short notice.. I want to experience el camino for 2 days..I understand it's short but I'm not prepared for longer time. Any recommendations of where to start and weather. I'll be flying in to Madrid. 6.4 to 6.14

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi @Terechia

Can you stretch to 3 days? For my first trip I walked from Santiago to Finisterre and that was a great way of getting a taste of the camino without spoiling the main event. It's a lovely walk and sunset at the coast is magical.

Buen Camino,

Rob.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi @Terechia

Can you stretch to 3 days? For my first trip I walked from Santiago to Finisterre and that was a great way of getting a taste of the camino without spoiling the main event. It's a lovely walk and sunset at the coast is magical.

Buen Camino,

Rob.
So going backwards? In el camino?

If I'm coming from madrid..should I head to santiago or arzua
It's easy to reach Santiago from Madrid by train.
And then Arzua is a quick bus trip away.
But I like Dorpje's idea - walk to Finisterre and take the bus back to Snatiago once you get there.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So that's on opposite side of azura? So would I fly to santiago or where should I start at

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@Terechia

The walk from Santiago to Finisterre is something apart from the main Camino. No-one (well nearly no-one) walks from Finisterre to Santiago but many people once they have arrived in Santiago choose to walk on to the coast. It has all the same things as the other caminos, albergues, yellow arrows marking the way and varied scenery, you can even collect stamps for a compostella, though this is not the same one as awarded in Santiago. The walk begins by heading down the stairs from the Cathedral Square and from there the path is well marked.

I think this has an advantage over some of the alternatives in that it's a complete route, it's not as crazy busy as the paths going towards Santiago and it may be easier to engage with your fellow pilgrims as "camino families" (the groups pilgrims often form) may be breaking up/changing/be more open to new people.

Once finished there are regular buses back to Santiago.

Whatever you choose.....Buen Camino,

Rob.

@Terechia

The walk from Santiago to Finisterre is something apart from the main Camino. No-one (well nearly no-one) walks from Finisterre to Santiago but many people once they have arrived in Santiago choose to walk on to the coast. It has all the same things as the other caminos, albergues, yellow arrows marking the way and varied scenery, you can even collect stamps for a compostella, though this is not the same one as awarded in Santiago. The walk begins by heading down the stairs from the Cathedral Square and from there the path is well marked.

I think this has an advantage over some of the alternatives in that it's a complete route, it's not as crazy busy as the paths going towards Santiago and it may be easier to engage with your fellow pilgrims as "camino families" (the groups pilgrims often form) may be breaking up/changing/be more open to new people.

Once finished there are regular buses back to Santiago.

Whatever you choose.....Buen Camino,

Rob.
Thank u so much it makes great sense.. my nerves are starting and with it being so short notice..I appreciate all the help

One more question . In order to receive stamp I have to do 50 km.. where would I start

Hello Kathy
Only a suggestion but if you can go from Melide to Santiago its some beautiful countryside you can have shade and sun, streams, (also rain depending when you walk :) )
There is a bus from the Airport that goes to Melide cost about 5 Euro and regular.
After next Monday we will be back at home in Castaneda and if you need any help just let us know.

By the way - It does not matter if you walk Two Months, Two weeks, Two days its your time and just enjoy it for what it is.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have walked the Camino Ingles from Coruna in 2 days. They are long days 30+ and 40+ kms but a complete Camino. If a Compostela is important to you then you can combine the Ingles from Coruna with a previous 25km verified walk in your home country.
Whilst that is a practical answer to your question, I don't think that is a great way to walk the Camino Ingles or any other Camino for that matter. It is hard work and does not give much time to take in, photograph and enjoy your surroundings and to contemplate if that is important to you both.. I had very specific reasons and limited time for this choice, combining it with a walk out to Muxia and Finisterre but I have walked the route several times before so sacrificed some of the more enjoyable aspects for practicality.

I'll
Hi @Terechia

Buen Camino,

Rob.
I had planned on doing that but I get back late from barcelona. So I wouldn't get to santiago till after noon and my flight leaves early thursd..

Is there a shorter route to finisterre? Or half way and take bus somewhere back to santiago

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back