• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Forum Apps

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Dear all,

I know that I have tried to make a forum app before, and I have not given up... the new apps (both iOS and Android) can now be downloaded. See the links below. Just as you know, there are still a few things that I am working on, just a few details.. but feel free to download the app now and then get the updates once they are available in a few days. I will also post a short video with some tips on how to use the apps. But get a sneak peek here:

Apple iOS
(iPhone, iPad, and the new Apple Silicone Mac computers)

Android
(We need to update the name of the app, one of the things I need to do)

Play around with it and see what you think. More later.

All the best,
Ivar

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
When I press on a thread heading it did not seem to link to the posts contained in the thread.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
So do we have to make a new user name? I tried with mine and it said it was already in use. Also password?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I haven't given it a good workout yet as I much prefer using my laptop when I can - a bigger screen and keyboard. I've found the mobil version of the forum has worked fine but I'll try switching to the app and see how it goes.

So do we have to make a new user name? I tried with mine and it said it was already in use. Also password?
I didn't even have to enter my user name or password.
This page automatically logged me in - possibly because I was logged in to the forum already?
Screenshot_20221203-194644.png

I've found the mobil version of the forum has worked fine but I'll try switching to the app and see how it goes.
I'll continue to access the forum via the browser when I'm on my phone. When I get on the forum I scan the new posts and open each that I want to read in a separate tab, then close those tabs as I read through. This method is more efficient for me than reading a thread, then hitting the back button to choose the next thread to read, and so on.

Screenshot_20221203-195245.png

I didn't even have to enter my user name or password.
This page automatically logged me in - possibly because I was logged in to the forum already?
View attachment 137732

I'll continue to access the forum via the browser when I'm on my phone. When I get on the forum I scan the new posts and open each that I want to read in a separate tab, then close those tabs as I read through. This method is more efficient for me than reading a thread, then hitting the back button to choose the next thread to read, and so on.

View attachment 137733
Thanks, I have managed to get on now but I just like to check the new posts every day on my desk top.
How can I do that on the App. ? I will only use the App while actually on a Camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello Ivar!
After some testing I find the App generally well done. I just want to mention one little glitch:
When I use filters such as “new Posts” and I view a post, then clicking on the “return “ button sends me back to the start of the list. I have to scroll down all the way to the posting I viewed just before. Would be nice to go back to the place I’ve been before.

Hope you keep up your valuable work for our community. Thank you.

¡Ultreia!

Hello Ivar!
After some testing I find the App generally well done. I just want to mention one little glitch:
When I use filters such as “new Posts” and I view a post, then clicking on the “return “ button sends me back to the start of the list. I have to scroll down all the way to the posting I viewed just before. Would be nice to go back to the place I’ve been before.

Hope you keep up your valuable work for our community. Thank you.

¡Ultreia!
Thank you! I know it is not perfect, but it is a start..

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have tried using the app but occasionally encounter odd behavior. I am happy to elaborate them in great detail but realize that you’re probably already aware of them.

A short description would be that when I filter for watched forums I get all kinds of other things that I don’t think I’ve “watched”.

Anyways “a work in progress” , please let me know if you need testing help. Thank you for your work on this.

I have tried using the app but occasionally encounter odd behavior. I am happy to elaborate them in great detail but realize that you’re probably already aware of them.

A short description would be that when I filter for watched forums I get all kinds of other things that I don’t think I’ve “watched”.

Anyways “a work in progress” , please let me know if you need testing help. Thank you for your work on this.
Yes, work in progress…

By the way, anything you have replied to is automatically watched…

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.