A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Camino Francés in October-November

Foxierya

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012
LePuy to Mossaic 2014
VF (Bourg St. Pierre-Rome) 2016
Camino Portugues 2017
Planning a camino (Francés) in October-November. I heard most Albergues are closed. Are there pilgrims walking and is there a list of Albergues that are open during this time of the year?

RJM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A few times
There was a series of youtube videos I watched recently of a young pilgrim walking the Frances in October last year. Not sure if it carried over into November, but otherwise looked like business as usual for October, at least. Looked like they had no problems finding albergues to stay in.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Around mid to late October some albergues close. But, even into Nov on CF there will be plenty albergues open. And, quite a good smattering of pilgrims.

Each night you can ask the hospitaleros which albergues are open down the line.

Buen camino to you.

GaryAus

Camino(s) past & future
CF December 2017
You will get a list of available Albergues in SJPP at the Pilgrims Office. Also use Gronze.com. No worries that time of year. I walked Nov and Dec last year and never had an issue. Everyone on the Camino seemed to know which ones were open ahead, and pilgrims generally discussed the next stop the night before. Do not have any anxiety about this - its all very established and the infrastructure can handle any time of year.

HuntingDrog

Camino(s) past & future
Frances
There was a series of youtube videos I watched recently of a young pilgrim walking the Frances in October last year. Not sure if it carried over into November, but otherwise looked like business as usual for October, at least. Looked like they had no problems finding albergues to stay in.
Hi, would you have a link to one of these videos? tks

D

Deleted member 12253

Starting on 19 Oct SJPdP. Albergue Orisson in pyreenes will be closed from mid Oct. No problems after that. I will finish my Trekk in Astorga on 7th Nov buen camino and plenty of pilgrims will be on way that time of year

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Seven Compostelas in Three years and counting......
Planning a camino (Francés) in October-November. I heard most Albergues are closed. Are there pilgrims walking and is there a list of Albergues that are open during this time of the year?
You won't have a problem! As said the pilgrim office will give you a list in St. Jean.

Buen Camino!

Foxierya

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012
LePuy to Mossaic 2014
Camino Portugues 2017
Thank you all.

Foxierya

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012
LePuy to Mossaic 2014
Camino Portugues 2017
Starting on 19 Oct SJPdP. Albergue Orisson in pyreenes will be closed from mid Oct. No problems after that. I will finish my Trekk in Astorga on 7th Nov buen camino and plenty of pilgrims will be on way that time of year
Thanks for the info re Albergue Orisson.

Thomas@Albany

Camino(s) past & future
First Part Oct. 5 2018 (StJ)-Oct. 19 (Boadillo); 2nd Part May 5 (Boadilla) to May 26, 2019.
I'll start from StJean to Roncevalles on Oct. 6 and so far all seem open, but there may be closings towards the end of the month. I'll only walk to Boadilla this time and will take the train from Fromista to Madrid.

Foxierya

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012
LePuy to Mossaic 2014
Camino Portugues 2017
There are several, but here is one. Sometimes videos such as this can be quite handy. You can see what type of weather there is that time of year, which I find of the most use.
Thank you.

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 142 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 236 24.8%