• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Francés in October-November

Foxierya

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2012
LePuy to Mossaic 2014
VF (Bourg St. Pierre-Rome) 2016
Camino Portugues 2017
Planning a camino (Francés) in October-November. I heard most Albergues are closed. Are there pilgrims walking and is there a list of Albergues that are open during this time of the year?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There was a series of youtube videos I watched recently of a young pilgrim walking the Frances in October last year. Not sure if it carried over into November, but otherwise looked like business as usual for October, at least. Looked like they had no problems finding albergues to stay in.

Around mid to late October some albergues close. But, even into Nov on CF there will be plenty albergues open. And, quite a good smattering of pilgrims.

Each night you can ask the hospitaleros which albergues are open down the line.

Buen camino to you.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You will get a list of available Albergues in SJPP at the Pilgrims Office. Also use Gronze.com. No worries that time of year. I walked Nov and Dec last year and never had an issue. Everyone on the Camino seemed to know which ones were open ahead, and pilgrims generally discussed the next stop the night before. Do not have any anxiety about this - its all very established and the infrastructure can handle any time of year.

There was a series of youtube videos I watched recently of a young pilgrim walking the Frances in October last year. Not sure if it carried over into November, but otherwise looked like business as usual for October, at least. Looked like they had no problems finding albergues to stay in.

Hi, would you have a link to one of these videos? tks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Starting on 19 Oct SJPdP. Albergue Orisson in pyreenes will be closed from mid Oct. No problems after that. I will finish my Trekk in Astorga on 7th Nov buen camino and plenty of pilgrims will be on way that time of year

Planning a camino (Francés) in October-November. I heard most Albergues are closed. Are there pilgrims walking and is there a list of Albergues that are open during this time of the year?

You won't have a problem! As said the pilgrim office will give you a list in St. Jean.

Buen Camino!

Thank you all.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Starting on 19 Oct SJPdP. Albergue Orisson in pyreenes will be closed from mid Oct. No problems after that. I will finish my Trekk in Astorga on 7th Nov buen camino and plenty of pilgrims will be on way that time of year
Thanks for the info re Albergue Orisson.

I'll start from StJean to Roncevalles on Oct. 6 and so far all seem open, but there may be closings towards the end of the month. I'll only walk to Boadilla this time and will take the train from Fromista to Madrid.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There are several, but here is one. Sometimes videos such as this can be quite handy. You can see what type of weather there is that time of year, which I find of the most use.
Thank you.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
Greetings all! So I'm a "proper planning prevents poor performance", kinda guy. I was able to make a loose schedule for my Camino Frances last year that worked extremely well, and allowed me to...
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back