• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Francés in October-November

Foxierya

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2012
LePuy to Mossaic 2014
VF (Bourg St. Pierre-Rome) 2016
Camino Portugues 2017
Planning a camino (Francés) in October-November. I heard most Albergues are closed. Are there pilgrims walking and is there a list of Albergues that are open during this time of the year?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There was a series of youtube videos I watched recently of a young pilgrim walking the Frances in October last year. Not sure if it carried over into November, but otherwise looked like business as usual for October, at least. Looked like they had no problems finding albergues to stay in.

Around mid to late October some albergues close. But, even into Nov on CF there will be plenty albergues open. And, quite a good smattering of pilgrims.

Each night you can ask the hospitaleros which albergues are open down the line.

Buen camino to you.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
You will get a list of available Albergues in SJPP at the Pilgrims Office. Also use Gronze.com. No worries that time of year. I walked Nov and Dec last year and never had an issue. Everyone on the Camino seemed to know which ones were open ahead, and pilgrims generally discussed the next stop the night before. Do not have any anxiety about this - its all very established and the infrastructure can handle any time of year.

There was a series of youtube videos I watched recently of a young pilgrim walking the Frances in October last year. Not sure if it carried over into November, but otherwise looked like business as usual for October, at least. Looked like they had no problems finding albergues to stay in.

Hi, would you have a link to one of these videos? tks

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Starting on 19 Oct SJPdP. Albergue Orisson in pyreenes will be closed from mid Oct. No problems after that. I will finish my Trekk in Astorga on 7th Nov buen camino and plenty of pilgrims will be on way that time of year

Planning a camino (Francés) in October-November. I heard most Albergues are closed. Are there pilgrims walking and is there a list of Albergues that are open during this time of the year?

You won't have a problem! As said the pilgrim office will give you a list in St. Jean.

Buen Camino!

Thank you all.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Starting on 19 Oct SJPdP. Albergue Orisson in pyreenes will be closed from mid Oct. No problems after that. I will finish my Trekk in Astorga on 7th Nov buen camino and plenty of pilgrims will be on way that time of year
Thanks for the info re Albergue Orisson.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'll start from StJean to Roncevalles on Oct. 6 and so far all seem open, but there may be closings towards the end of the month. I'll only walk to Boadilla this time and will take the train from Fromista to Madrid.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
There are several, but here is one. Sometimes videos such as this can be quite handy. You can see what type of weather there is that time of year, which I find of the most use.
Thank you.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back