• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances 2019 PostScript 2: CAMINO COLLOCATION

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2014
Camino Portugues 2015
7 Days post Camino - things are different - mostly good, perhaps a few not-so-good, definitely different.
If you read this post and you've walked a Camino, most likely you know the feeling. If you’re doing research for a future Camino, this may not make as much sense.
Suzie and I have walked two Camino Frances from St. Jean. I’ve walked a solo Camino from Porto. Before our departure, I asked myself, "Would a second Camino be more difficult?" Upon our return, the answer is still elusive.
The Camino has a Way of impacting your being unlike most other experiences. A week after returning from Spain and I'm still thinking about what it all means.
In the interim, there are Camino terms and phrases that have special meanings to Pilgrims. If you've walked the Camino, you have what I call "Camino Distinction" - you immediately know certain things about the Camino - the travel, the walking, the backpack, the food, the albergues, the churches, other Pilgrims, etc. Once you walk the Camino, you can now distinguish very specific things about the Camino that were not possible to know unless you walked The Way.
So let's have some fun. 2 Words - a Collocation - that describe something unqiue about the Camino. The first word being "Camino" and the second word being ... <fill in the blank>
For example, "Camino Angel" or "Camino Magic". For most pilgrims, something immediately comes to mind when these words are expressed.
I'm most certain there are “A” thru “Z” Camino Collocations. Here are some of mine:
Camino Funk
Camino Fatigue
Camino Rhythm
Camino Stare
What are yours?
Camino Angel
Camino B_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Camino Magic
Camino Z_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
... and if I were to say "Camino Haystack", we all get this image of the enormous bales of hay stacked along The Way. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that wanted to stop, climb to the summit, just to get another view ;-)
Camino Haystack 1.png Camino Haystack 2.png

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
7 Days post Camino - things are different - mostly good, perhaps a few not-so-good, definitely different.
If you read this post and you've walked a Camino, most likely you know the feeling. If you’re doing research for a future Camino, this may not make as much sense.
Suzie and I have walked two Camino Frances from St. Jean. I’ve walked a solo Camino from Porto. Before our departure, I asked myself, "Would a second Camino be more difficult?" Upon our return, the answer is still elusive.
The Camino has a Way of impacting your being unlike most other experiences. A week after returning from Spain and I'm still thinking about what it all means.
In the interim, there are Camino terms and phrases that have special meanings to Pilgrims. If you've walked the Camino, you have what I call "Camino Distinction" - you immediately know certain things about the Camino - the travel, the walking, the backpack, the food, the albergues, the churches, other Pilgrims, etc. Once you walk the Camino, you can now distinguish very specific things about the Camino that were not possible to know unless you walked The Way.
So let's have some fun. 2 Words - a Collocation - that describe something unqiue about the Camino. The first word being "Camino" and the second word being ... <fill in the blank>
For example, "Camino Angel" or "Camino Magic". For most pilgrims, something immediately comes to mind when these words are expressed.
I'm most certain there are “A” thru “Z” Camino Collocations. Here are some of mine:
Camino Funk
Camino Fatigue
Camino Rhythm
Camino Stare
What are yours?
Camino Angel
Camino Magic
... and if I were to say "Camino Haystack", we all get this image of the enormous bales of hay stacked along The Way. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that wanted to stop, climb to the summit, just to get another view ;-)
View attachment 66687 View attachment 66688
Camino Sky...that endless, cobalt blue sky sprinkled with transparent brushstrokes of white (clouds)

The Camino brought the word “pilgrim” into modern times for me. It was a badge I felt uncomfortable wearing at first - somehow it seemed.....I’m not sure, I think perhaps pretentious. But it is a term I have grown fond of.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Camino Funk
Camino Fatigue
Camino Rhythm
Camino Stare
What are yours?
Camino Angel
Camino Magic
Camino- arrows, Camino-share🍀

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
More from my 2016 camino than my 2018 camino: "Camino shuffle". You are fine walking all day (20 km, 25 km, 30 km, what have you) and are walking more or less normally when you arrive. Then you lie down and rest. When you get up you are walking like you are in your 90s, slowly shuffling and dreading any stairs that may be in your immediate future, In the morning, when you start walking again, you are fine. It is more pronounced at the beginning of your Camino and gradually fades with the distance. You see it again in others after Sarria.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Camino- arrows, Camino-share🍀
Camino-wash🍀
Camino Funk
Camino Fatigue
Camino Rhythm
Camino Stare
What are yours?
Camino Angel
Camino Magic
During one of my caminoes I had a really painful knee, but had got used to it, one day I met a person who just looked at me and said, I can see you have got that characteristic Camino-limp:rolleyes:

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Camino tortilla
Camino friends
Camino grapevines
Camino wine
Camino nationalities
Camino Liverpool (4-0 v Barcelona!) - sorry but it was a highlight of my walk!
Camino Mari (María Teodora Mediavilla Rodríguez - Logroňo gatekeeper)
Camino café
Camino recession

I could go on but the individual friends I met along the way is my abiding memory.

Camino Clothes
I am still wearing some from of the ones my 2016 Camino Clothes and always looking for something that would make good Camino attire. (merino wool shirts, lightweight sweaters, light puffy coats for a winter camino, shorts, hiking pants, etc) Also extends to shoes, When I put on a pair of walking shoes I always think about whether these could be a pair of Camino shoes or Camino sandals.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Caminoland..somwhere East of Santiago where time moves so fast it seems to stand still, where the cafes are sublime , the inhabitants are generous and the landscapes abound in beauty. In this fair realm you never want for a caring companion and your joyous spirit roams free .

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.