• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances 2019 PostScript 3: CAMINO A to Z

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2014
Camino Portugues 2015
The Collacation exercise was a great success! Below is a complete list of 112 "Camino-isms". A collocation is simply a collection of two or more words that commonly occur. Some are very familiar - others, not so much. A few definitions were provided; a few are self-explanatory; there may be some duplications; and some, may not make the final edit. Please review, offer a definition for what the phrase means to you. There's still room for more ideas. As for the Camino Haystack... for me, it relates to Camino Opportunity. Suzie and I referred to it as a "bird in the hand". How many times on the Camino do you see something, don't pause, and say to yourself, "I'll see it again". And then, it doesn't show up. Leaving a town early without breakfast, you'll see a place, but say to yourself, "I want eggs - they only have bread - there will be another place before I get out of town". 8K later, you're still searching for a morning meal ;-) Camino Opportunity - similar to Carpe Diem - when you see an opportunity, seize the moment! In 2014, walking Camino Frances in the Spring, there were many haystacks along The Way. I was determined to ascend to the top of one for a photo - which I eventually did. In 2019, 5 years older, my heart was willing, my ragged knee, not so much. I kept looking for the "right" haystack and it never presented itself. I found a one lonely hay bale and with some creative "framing" had a new Haystack photograph for 2019!

Camino Zamo Tamay - On Rua Nova, near the Pilgrim House, is artist Juan Carlos Zamora Tamayo. He has a very interesting gallery and he'll create a custom watercolor for pilgrims. Our's lists each stop along Camino Frances with the date. He asks for a reflection to inscribe on the piece. Juan Carlos is very polite and very meticulous - he even adds his watercolor art to the cardboard enclosure for the print. If you're looking for something memorable when returning from the Camino, this is something that's beautiful and a frequent reminder of your Camino journey.

Blessed are you, Pilgrim, if you search the Truth and make of your Camino a Life and of your Life a Camino, after Him who is the Way, the Life, and the Truth. Amen!

Camino Aches -
Camino Addict -
Camino Altars -
Camino Angel -
Camino Arrows -
Camino Bar -
Camino Bells - Church bells
Camino Blessings - Buen Camino!
Camino Blood -
Camino Brain - Grounded in the Present. Or, not remembering where you were yesterday. Or, losing or forgetting things often
Camino Breakdown -
Camino Bug -
Camino Bunkbed -
Camino Café -
Camino Chance -
Camino Chill -
Camino Clothes -
Camino Con Leche -
Camino Contentment - The feeling of walking completely in the moment. Each breath, each step, feeling exactly where you should be.
Camino Couture -
Camino Credencial -
Camino Cuisine - Tapas, Pinxtos, Cordero, Pulpo
Camino Dawns -
Camino Depression -
Camino Destiny -
Camino Dogs -
Camino Dreaming -
Camino Encounter -
Camino Euphoria -
Camino Family -
Camino Fate -
Camino Fatigue -
Camino Feet - Aching feet and blisters
Camino Flashbacks -
Camino Food -
Camino Friends -
Camino Funk -
Camino Gaze - The way my eyesight focuses on the far horizon, instead of the little details nearby
Camino Gifts -
Camino Grapes - Vino Blanco, Vino Tinto
Camino Grapevines -
Camino Gratitude -
Camino Grin -
Camino Haystack -
Camino Humor -
Camino Idea -
Camino Immersion -
Camino Inspiration -
Camino Joy -
Camino K - Kilometer. 16K is 10 Miles.
Camino Kismet -
Camino Legs - The feeling of strength in my legs that comes about 2 weeks into the walk
Camino Lessons -
Camino Limp -
Camino Liverpool - (4-0 v Barcelona!) - Sorry but it was a highlight of my walk!
Camino Loneliness -
Camino Love -
Camino Magic -
Camino Management - Use common sense and be safe
Camino Mari - María Teodora Mediavilla Rodríguez - Logroňo gatekeeper
Camino Menu -
Camino Miracles -
Camino Mode -
Camino Mom -
Camino Morning - A bright blue sky, cold nip in the air, but with a promise of warmth in the sun later
Camino Nationalities -
Camino Nature -
Camino Opportunity - Bird in the Hand - No Second Chances
Camino Optimism -
Camino Order -
Camino Pain -
Camino Pilgrim -
Camino Prayer - When you feel totally exhausted
Camino Questions - Why are you walking the Camino? Where did you start?
Camino Recession -
Camino Regret -
Camino Rhythm -
Camino Rush - The adrenaline you feel when you begin each day
Camino Second Breakfast -
Camino Sello -
Camino Share -
Camino Shell -
Camino Shuffle - That walk you have when you first get out of bed each morning
Camino Silence -
Camino Sisters -
Camino Sky - That endless, cobalt blue sky sprinkled with transparent brushstrokes of white (clouds)
Camino Snoring -
Camino Song - Snoring
Camino Sounds - Tapping walking sticks, crunching on dirt path, roosters crowing, church bells on Sunday
Camino Stare -
Camino Stars -
Camino Sunrises -
Camino Sunsets -
Camino Tan -
Camino Timing -
Camino Tortilla -
Camino Tractor -
Camino Unity -
Camino Universe -
Camino Village - Those pilgrims that you meet along the way..they move at their own speed. In and out of your Camino but somehow always with you
Camino Vino -
Camino Wash -
Camino Way -
Camino Weighbridge -
Camino Wine -
Camino Withdrawal -
Camino X-Factor - A strong but unpredictable influence
Camino Yellow -
Camino Zamo Tamay - Outstanding Camino Artist Juan Carlos Zamora Tamayo Rua Nova 14, Santiago de Compostel
Camino Zealot -
Camino Zone -
Camino Zummo - Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice. Who doesn't want one of those machines?

Camino Haystack 4.png

Camino Haystack 3.png

Zamo Tamay 1.pngZamo Tamay 2.png
Zamo Tamay 3.pngZamo Tamay 4.png
Zamo Tamay 5.png

Attachments

• Camino Haystack 4.png
    Camino Haystack 4.png
    674.6 KB · Views: 2
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Camino bliss
Blisters
Masses
Photos
FREEDOM!

The Collacation exercise was a great success! Below is a complete list of 112 "Camino-isms". A collocation is simply a collection of two or more words that commonly occur. Some are very familiar - others, not so much. A few definitions were provided; a few are self-explanatory; there may be some duplications; and some, may not make the final edit. Please review, offer a definition for what the phrase means to you. There's still room for more ideas. As for the Camino Haystack... for me, it relates to Camino Opportunity. Suzie and I referred to it as a "bird in the hand". How many times on the Camino do you see something, don't pause, and say to yourself, "I'll see it again". And then, it doesn't show up. Leaving a town early without breakfast, you'll see a place, but say to yourself, "I want eggs - they only have bread - there will be another place before I get out of town". 8K later, you're still searching for a morning meal ;-) Camino Opportunity - similar to Carpe Diem - when you see an opportunity, seize the moment! In 2014, walking Camino Frances in the Spring, there were many haystacks along The Way. I was determined to ascend to the top of one for a photo - which I eventually did. In 2019, 5 years older, my heart was willing, my ragged knee, not so much. I kept looking for the "right" haystack and it never presented itself. I found a one lonely hay bale and with some creative "framing" had a new Haystack photograph for 2019!

Camino Zamo Tamay - On Rua Nova, near the Pilgrim House, is artist Juan Carlos Zamora Tamayo. He has a very interesting gallery and he'll create a custom watercolor for pilgrims. Our's lists each stop along Camino Frances with the date. He asks for a reflection to inscribe on the piece. Juan Carlos is very polite and very meticulous - he even adds his watercolor art to the cardboard enclosure for the print. If you're looking for something memorable when returning from the Camino, this is something that's beautiful and a frequent reminder of your Camino journey.

Blessed are you, Pilgrim, if you search the Truth and make of your Camino a Life and of your Life a Camino, after Him who is the Way, the Life, and the Truth. Amen!

Camino Aches -
Camino Addict -
Camino Altars -
Camino Angel -
Camino Arrows -
Camino Bar -
Camino Blood -
Camino Brain - Grounded in the Present. Or, not remembering where you were yesterday. Or, losing or forgetting things often
Camino Breakdown -
Camino Bug -
Camino Bunkbed -
Camino Café -
Camino Chance -
Camino Chill -
Camino Clothes -
Camino Con Leche -
Camino Contentment - The feeling of walking completely in the moment. Each breath, each step, feeling exactly where you should be.
Camino Couture -
Camino Credencial -
Camino Dawns -
Camino Depression -
Camino Destiny -
Camino Dogs -
Camino Dreaming -
Camino Encounter -
Camino Euphoria -
Camino Family -
Camino Fate -
Camino Fatigue -
Camino Flashbacks -
Camino Food -
Camino Friends -
Camino Funk -
Camino Gaze - The way my eyesight focuses on the far horizon, instead of the little details nearby
Camino Gifts -
Camino Grapevines -
Camino Gratitude -
Camino Grin -
Camino Haystack -
Camino Humor -
Camino Idea -
Camino Immersion -
Camino Inspiration -
Camino Joy -
Camino Kismet -
Camino Legs - The feeling of strength in my legs that comes about 2 weeks into the walk
Camino Lessons -
Camino Limp -
Camino Liverpool - (4-0 v Barcelona!) - Sorry but it was a highlight of my walk!
Camino Loneliness -
Camino Love -
Camino Magic -
Camino Menu -
Camino Miracles -
Camino Mode -
Camino Mom -
Camino Morning - A bright blue sky, cold nip in the air, but with a promise of warmth in the sun later
Camino Nationalities -
Camino Nature -
Camino Optimism -
Camino Order -
Camino Pain -
Camino Pilgrim -
Camino Recession -
Camino Regret -
Camino Rhythm -
Camino Sello -
Camino Share -
Camino Shell -
Camino Silence -
Camino Sisters -
Camino Sky - That endless, cobalt blue sky sprinkled with transparent brushstrokes of white (clouds)
Camino Snoring -
Camino Song - Snoring
Camino Sounds - Tapping walking sticks, crunching on dirt path, roosters crowing, church bells on Sunday
Camino Stare -
Camino Stars -
Camino Sunrises -
Camino Sunsets -
Camino Tan -
Camino Timing -
Camino Tortilla -
Camino Tractor -
Camino Unity -
Camino Universe -
Camino Village - Those pilgrims that you meet along the way..they move at their own speed. In and out of your Camino but somehow always with you
Camino Vino -
Camino Wash -
Camino Way -
Camino Weighbridge -
Camino Wine -
Camino Withdrawal -
Camino Yellow -
Camino Zamo Tamay - Outstanding Camino Artist Juan Carlos Zamora Tamayo Rua Nova 14, Santiago de Compostel
Camino Zealot -
Camino Zone -
Camino Zummo - Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice. Who doesn't want one of those machines?

View attachment 66959

View attachment 66960

View attachment 66961View attachment 66962
View attachment 66963View attachment 66964
View attachment 66965
So great, I will keep my ears and mind open for more combinations, thank you 🍀

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Camino Aches -
Camino Addict -
Camino Altars -
Camino Angel -
Camino Arrows -
Camino Bar -
Camino Blood -
Camino Breakdown -
Camino Bug -
Camino Bunkbed -
Camino Café -
Camino Chance -
Camino Chill -
Camino Clothes -
Camino Con Leche -
Camino Couture -
Camino Credencial -
Camino Dawns -
Camino Depression -
Camino Destiny -
Camino Dogs -
Camino Dreaming -
Camino Encounter -
Camino Euphoria -
Camino Family -
Camino Fate -
Camino Fatigue -
Camino Flashbacks -
Camino Food -
Camino Friends -
Camino Funk -
Camino Gifts -
Camino Grapevines -
Camino Gratitude -
Camino Grin -
Camino Haystack -
Camino Humor -
Camino Idea -
Camino Immersion -
Camino Inspiration -
Camino Joy -
Camino Kismet -
Camino Lessons -
Camino Limp -
Camino Loneliness -
Camino Love -
Camino Magic -
Camino Menu -
Camino Miracles -
Camino Mode -
Camino Mom -
Camino Nationalities -
Camino Nature -
Camino Optimism -
Camino Order -
Camino Pain -
Camino Pilgrim -
Camino Recession -
Camino Regret -
Camino Rhythm -
Camino Sello -
Camino Share -
Camino Shell -
Camino Silence -
Camino Sisters -
Camino Snoring -
Camino Song - Snoring
Camino Stare -
Camino Stars -
Camino Sunrises -
Camino Sunsets -
Camino Tan -
Camino Timing -
Camino Tortilla -
Camino Tractor -
Camino Unity -
Camino Universe -
Camino Vino -
Camino Wash -
Camino Way -
Camino Weighbridge -
Camino Wine -
Camino Withdrawal -
Camino Yellow -
Camino Zealot -
Camino Zone -

View attachment 66959

View attachment 66960

View attachment 66961View attachment 66962
View attachment 66963View attachment 66964
View attachment 66965
Camino Bubble - the passing hords that may sweep you along or dump you in their tracks! Sometimes to be avoided, sometimes to be embraced; but almost always to be accepted with grace.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back