• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances - Amazing YouTube Video

Mark T17

Time of past OR future Camino
Kumano Kodo 2012
Frances Sept 2017 (bike)
Hi all,

Lex Ells has just posted the most amazing video series of the Camino Frances on YouTube. Looks like he walked the route during October 2017 and used a drone to get some incredible aerial footage.

I watched a lot of YouTube to prepare for my Camino in September 2017, but I never saw anything like the quality of these videos. Hopefully the link below works or just do a search for Lex Ells - well worth a look.

Cheers
MT

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you for the link. Have only watched day 1 but thoroughly enjoyed it. Excellent editing. Drones are a bit controversial on this forum but he got some good footage and his handheld video work is great. Having eaten what looks exactly like the same communal meal at Orisson, just this first video has bought back lots of happy memories.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I haven't taken a look yet at this video series, but it's so nice to get recommendations from forum members. I've spent a lot of time on and off over the past couple of years sampling Camino You Tube videos trying to find the best representations and have often been dissappointed, feeling I wasted my time looking for the "best" ones worth watching. That said, I mean no disrespect to those videos I find of lesser content. Every one films their Camino journey in their own personal style, just as they walk it...in their own personal way, no two alike.

Last edited:
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Another way to view the embedded video above is through this link:I'm posting it this way so you can copy and paste the url to use
elsewhere or maybe so you can view the video in full screen mode.

Forum software normally takes links to videos (like the one above)
and converts them to show an embedded video instead of the link.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The forum has an earlier thread (started Sep 14, 2017) entitled "Drones Coverage" at https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/drones-coverage.50696/

Efren Gonzalez, aka YouTube user efrenglez1, aka YouTube Channel SummitXtreme, has finished his camino series of videos where he sometimes used drones. The last time I looked he had reached Santiago but didn't really show anything about the city. He has that now and also his walk to Finisterre. He is also adding seven videos of just drone footage and so far has two of them available for viewing. Go to https://www.youtube.com/user/efrenglez1/videos

Oh god, I'm such a sucker for Camino vids on youtube. Even ignoring the fact that these appear to have been edited and published en route the production standard is very high. While it certainly doesn't cover the entire experience as a visual record of scenery and conditions during an autumn camino it's great. I barely recognised Portomarin with the lake so low, having done a spring and summer Camino Frances maybe I now need to aim for a full set of seasons.

Nice videos. Better than most done on walking the Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi all,

Lex Ells has just posted the most amazing video series of the Camino Frances on YouTube. Looks like he walked the route during October 2017 and used a drone to get some incredible aerial footage.

I watched a lot of YouTube to prepare for my Camino in September 2017, but I never saw anything like the quality of these videos. Hopefully the link below works or just do a search for Lex Ells - well worth a look.

Cheers
MT

Beautiful video! Thanks for sharing. I can not wait to walk the Camino next September!

Lex is not alone.

I came across some new Vlogs of the Camnio Frances by Efrén Gonzales, I believe he is from Miami, USA. He has created 37 installments of his trip across the country. Efrén's channel is called Summit Extreme. However, a couple of weeks ago, he began publishing a compilation of just his drone footage, by province.

Many have said that there is little to see on the Meseta. Take a look at this and let me know if you think the Meseta is not scenic;

Finally, I see both Lex and Efrén use the same drone, the DJI Mavic Pro. Very nice. Quality is astounding as it provides 4K HD. And I must admit, I just ordered my first drone last night. It is only for learning but I was able to find one that is similar to the Mavic Pro so when I am ready, the change over should be merely a boost of quality, in flying as well as media quality.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all,

Cheers
MT
Thanks Mark T17 for attaching this link, I’ve only watched day 4 at this stage. They are great. Cheers Tony

Hi all,

Cheers
MT
Thanks so much for sharing this! Brought back lots of memories of that first day. I especially loved seeing Orisson from the air!! One has to work a bit for that walk up the Pyrenees, but it was definitely worth it!
Utreia!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back