• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances App

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have not used it on the Frances but have used them on 4 other caminos. I never use a guide book and find these apps an excellent replacement - full of good info, inc the ability to get/give live updates on accommodation! If I did the Frances again I would definitely use the WP app.

I used it on the
Portugues and it helped with some tricky spots for directions and used it every day for Albergues. I will use it again for the Norte. If you plan on walking 3 or 4 different caminos its worth getting the package
That downloads all their apps. Cheaper than individual apps for multiple Caminos.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, two times. Love it. Using it to help plan CF #3.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I used wise pilgrim on my Frances Camino in 2017 and it was of great use. I loved the elevation profile map, link to booking.com, and information on distance and history. I will definitely use it in my next one. I think it was around $5.00 .

I used the Wise Pilgrim along with the Brierley maps only book downloaded into the kindle app. on two Camino Frances and will take the same when I leave in April for number 3. This was all I needed. No book, just phone.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There is a Wise Pilgrim - ebook (Kindle) and an Wise pilgrim app.
What do you prefer? Why?

Is the ebook better for planing on the desktop-computer and the app better for the smartphone?

I used the app. and found it excellent for planning the next day because it gives elevation, distance and places to sleep on one graphic. There were enough way markers on the path to keep me on the straight and narrow so a detailed map was not needed.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
For those of you who've used an app on the Camino, would you mind helping me out by doing a survey about your app experience and what else you'd like to see in it! Survey here.

I'm doing research to see if I can develop a better mobile app (after having used most of them), and can really use your help! Read more about it here.

I've started some mockups and prototypes and if you'd like to participate in the process please leave your contact in the survey!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.