• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances April 2023

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello from Halifax Nova Scotia. I plan to depart April 10 and begin walking on the 12th or 13th. My second Camino - walked the Frances in 2019. Hoping the Napoleon route will be clear this time - it wasn’t officially closed when I was there in early April 2019 but we were advised to avoid it because of snow. I’m excited and happy and can’t wait to get going.

(I posted previously in the “leaving April 1” thread and then realized that was the wrong date.)

I am weary of snow issues. Wondering if the end of April sees less or no snow on the Napoleon. We have yet to purchase our flight tix. We are anxious to begin our camino.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
For what it’s worth, although there was snow on the Napoleon on the day I started on the Valcarlos route (April 9), others did walk the Napoleon and later told me they didn’t have any problems. I was being cautious. I remember a little snow on the route I took, but it was a beautiful walk.

I'll be starting the second week of April 23. I also used to stay over in Truckee some weekends when living with family in the Sierra Nevadas. Fond memories. Good luck.

I am weary of snow issues. Wondering if the end of April sees less or no snow on the Napoleon.
There can be snow in May and I've even read reports about snow in June.
In 2019 I started on May 11th, and it was cold, windy and there was a bit of rain. Friends who started a week later experienced snow on the Napoleon route.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello from Halifax Nova Scotia. I plan to depart April 10 and begin walking on the 12th or 13th. My second Camino - walked the Frances in 2019. Hoping the Napoleon route will be clear this time - it wasn’t officially closed when I was there in early April 2019 but we were advised to avoid it because of snow. I’m excited and happy and can’t wait to get going.

(I posted previously in the “leaving April 1” thread and then realized that was the wrong date.)
Hello MarieElaine, I am up in Tatamagouche. Hope to start later in April. Maybe WestJet will start those direct flights to Paris by then.

Hello MarieElaine, I am up in Tatamagouche. Hope to start later in April. Maybe WestJet will start those direct flights to Paris by then.
Hello AnneMarie and Happy New Year. Not sure I’m doing this correctly - never replied before. My Camino has to be postponed til September- October because of a family matter. Are you still set to go in April? I would love to hear how it turns out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello AnneMarie and Happy New Year. Not sure I’m doing this correctly - never replied before. My Camino has to be postponed til September- October because of a family matter. Are you still set to go in April? I would love to hear how it turns out.
Yes, now flight booked, SJPP booked, now trying to figure out where to sleep after first day. Was hoping for Borda but it is booked. Complicated first day. LOL.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done VĂ©zelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Ten years ago to the day, I returned home from walking the Camino Frances. People asked me if I would do it again, and I said absolutely. I thought I'd be going back in "3 to 4 years." Obviously...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
Wondering what public transit is available from Porto to Caminha.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.