• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances April - June 2012

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Captivating. It makes me consider my own rationale for making my Camino, and consider what I accomplished, or learned by the time I got to Santiago.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Very nice film. They must have been a week behind me, they dont look nearly cold enough at the start :D

What a wonderful film! It completely captured the heart and spirit of the Camino. And it was fantastic to see the footage of the less-traveled low road through the Pyrenees Mountains via Valcarlos.

Bravo!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Most of us who left that week took the lower road except for the the very brave/foolhardy, we were advised at the pilgrim office in STJPP to avoid it at all costs because of snow, fog and high winds. While we were in the office a few pilgrims arrived who had turned back from the Napoleon route and were looking for taxis to Roncesvalles. It was wet wet wet and cold but we met some lovely people on the road that first day who we met again and again all the way to santiago. We left STJPP at 0820 and arrived in Roncesvalles at 1620 tired hungry and wet but it was a great experience. My legs danced on their own all night long in the hostel but that eased after a few days as they got used to the walking, also I was told to drink tonic water after the walk every day, it seems the quinine stops the muscles twitching. (especialy if taken with vodka or gin) :D :D

I truly enjoyed this video it was so well done and personable. I haven't walked the Camino yet, but watching this video made me see just how special it can be. Was nearly in tears myself just watching. Thanks for posting it.
Nikki

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Guys, I have a question...

Watching this wonderful video I saw that everybody is wearing heavy jackets and winter clothes.

The title said that I was film between April to June.

I'm planning to walk the camino on May 1st 2013, starting on SJPP, BUT I'm planning to pack only a fleece and a light waterproof jacket.

Do you think I should increase the layers of my clothes?

Thanks for you opinion.

Get a good poncho in StJPDP and have a liner for Back-Pac.
Extra socks just in case and you will be ok
There are shops all along the way Diago .
Have a great walk
David

PS What a wonderful video

wayfarer said:
Most of us who left that week took the lower road except for the the very brave/foolhardy, we were advised at the pilgrim office in STJPP to avoid it at all costs because of snow, fog and high winds. While we were in the office a few pilgrims arrived who had turned back from the Napoleon route and were looking for taxis to Roncesvalles.

And this is what it looked like for those of us who took a wrong turn...

Attachments

• napolean2.jpg
    napolean2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,110
  • napolean.jpg
    napolean.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,114
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thornley said:
Get a good poncho in StJPDP and have a liner for Back-Pac.
Extra socks just in case and you will be ok
There are shops all along the way Diago .
Have a great walk
David

PS What a wonderful video

Thanks Thornley,

On this case I'll travel with my light waterproof jacket and fleece, ad if needed I can buy extra clothes on the camino.

Diegomartine said:
Guys, I have a question...

Watching this wonderful video I saw that everybody is wearing heavy jackets and winter clothes.

The title said that I was film between April to June.

I'm planning to walk the camino on May 1st 2013, starting on SJPP, BUT I'm planning to pack only a fleece and a light waterproof jacket.

Do you think I should increase the layers of my clothes?

Thanks for you opinion.

Hi Diego,

I'm planning on starting out around the same time, give or take a day or two (see you there!). My plan is to have what you've listed, plus a heavier poncho and a pack cover. This did me well this time leaving SJPP on April 24 in 2011... But I'm also anticipating keeping a close eye on the weather conditions before leaving and adjusting my packing list if need be.

Ultreia!
Lindsey

Bring extra t shirts, merino if possible, that way you can layer up as required, if it gets warm later on on the journey, post them home. this is what we did. Last spring/summer were exceptionaly wet and cold all over Europe. As for extra gear, its better to be looking at it than for it.
Have a great camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back