A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Camino Frances | April - May 2016

Camino(s) past & future
September 2015 (SJPP to Burgos)
September 2016 (Burgos to Villafranca del Bierzo)
May 2017 (Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela)
Hello fellow Peregrinos!!

I just posted a link to the video I made of my father and I walking the Camino Frances this past April. The link is posted below. I hope you all enjoy it!!

Hollyanne

Loved it! I would love to share the Camino with my daughters someday. Buen camino always

Carmo

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2013, hope for Del Norte in 2016
I very much enjoyed your video. What a wonderful gift for both of you. I'm glad your feet didn't seem to slow you down. Great job.

Camino(s) past & future
April-May 2016 with my father
I very much enjoyed your video. What a wonderful gift for both of you. I'm glad your feet didn't seem to slow you down. Great job.
I'm glad to hear it, thank you!! I suffered from some pretty nasty blisters along the way, but I'm glad it didn't slow us down too much!

Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2016)
SJ to Santa Domingo (2017)
Santa Domingo to Fromista (2018)
A lovely video. As usual, the arrival in Santiago had me in tears!
I have probably watch it 25 times in the past two days. Every time we get close to Santiago, as I watch, I start to tear up. I remember how great it was to arrive, but how bitter sweet it was to end our journey and leave our "family". If you look you can see it in Zane and my faces.

Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2016)
Great job!! From your smiles, I would never have guessed that you suffered from blisters.
She was really strong. It became a morning ritual for the last three weeks. Every morning I would prep her feet for the days walk as she ate breakfast. I am so proud of how she persevered, with no injuries. People do not realized how a minor foot injury can end your Camino if not taken care of early.

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo
So well done - truly beautiful and very touching. Perhaps I can rack up enough good Karma for my next lifetime, to be able to walk with a Father I lost in this lifetime.

FRL

Camino(s) past & future
April-May 2017
Hollyanne,
A wonderful video, very inspiring, and a remembrance of a truly special time with your dad. I will share it with my two friends as we prepare for our Camino starting April 23, 2017. Thank you so much for sharing! FRL

Chaya

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-SdC Ap-May14
Navx-Muxia Mar-Ap17
SJPP-SdC May17
SJPP-Fterre Feb-Mar18
SJPP-Muxia (Feb-Mar19)
Thank you for sharing! Such a wonderful journey that you both had.
My daughter and I will be walking together in Spring 2017 and hope that we have an amazing adventure just like yourselves!

Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2016)
Hi Hollyanne Enjoyed watching your video,I was wondering how long did it take you and your dad to reach Santiago. Cheers Tony
It took a total of 32 days. We skipped about 30k to get to a doctor in Burgos to ensure there was no infection. We also walked several 30k plus days towards the end.

Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2016)
Great inspiration as I prepare for my Camino. But, blisters - what went wrong? Shoes, socks, sock liners, vaseline, fit, rainwater, what was it? Any advice?
Treat any "hot spots" early. Don't ignore any foot issues, they only get worse. Once we took care of the issues no further problems.

Camino(s) past & future
April-May 2016 with my father
Hollyanne,
A wonderful video, very inspiring, and a remembrance of a truly special time with your dad. I will share it with my two friends as we prepare for our Camino starting April 23, 2017. Thank you so much for sharing! FRL
I'm very glad you liked it! Thanks for passing it along. I wish you and your friends a beautiful journey. Buen Camino!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances to Santiago de Compostela (2016)

I just posted a link to the video I made of my father and I walking the Camino Frances this past April. The link is posted below. I hope you all enjoy it!!

Hollyanne

Looks like you and your Dad had the experience of a lifetime and it was a Buen Camino for sure!

Camino(s) past & future
Plan to walk April (2016)

Hollyanne

Love your video. I walked from 02Apr 16 - 02 May 16 & listened to Mumford & Sons a lot. Except for the people this could be my own video, so many happy memories. Thank you for sharing.

Camino(s) past & future
March-mid April 2017 first time

Hollyanne

Hi! H.
I loved the way you did it, music is fantastic.
My first Camino is coming this March 20th.
Video give me a exiting feeling.
Thanks,H.
From Cathy.

Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2016)

Hollyanne

I still watch this at least once a week. Trip of a lifetime.
LY- H

katie@camino

Camino(s) past & future
CF, SJPDP-Finisterre 2016; CPort (Central) from Porto 2017;
CPort (Coastal) from Porto 2018.

Hollyanne

loving the music selection!!!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%