• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances | April - May 2016

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello fellow Peregrinos!!

I just posted a link to the video I made of my father and I walking the Camino Frances this past April. The link is posted below. I hope you all enjoy it!!

Hollyanne

Loved it! I would love to share the Camino with my daughters someday. Buen camino always

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I very much enjoyed your video. What a wonderful gift for both of you. I'm glad your feet didn't seem to slow you down. Great job.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I very much enjoyed your video. What a wonderful gift for both of you. I'm glad your feet didn't seem to slow you down. Great job.
A day of rest, then several days of walking in Croc sandals. My daughter did amazing!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm glad to hear it, thank you!! I suffered from some pretty nasty blisters along the way, but I'm glad it didn't slow us down too much!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A lovely video. As usual, the arrival in Santiago had me in tears!
I have probably watch it 25 times in the past two days. Every time we get close to Santiago, as I watch, I start to tear up. I remember how great it was to arrive, but how bitter sweet it was to end our journey and leave our "family". If you look you can see it in Zane and my faces.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Great job!! From your smiles, I would never have guessed that you suffered from blisters.
She was really strong. It became a morning ritual for the last three weeks. Every morning I would prep her feet for the days walk as she ate breakfast. I am so proud of how she persevered, with no injuries. People do not realized how a minor foot injury can end your Camino if not taken care of early.

My Son, who lives in Paris, will be joining me for at least part of the Camino this Spring.
I can't think of a better way to enjoy time with my boy!
Bob
All the best Bob. Cherish every step with him!
Buen Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
So well done - truly beautiful and very touching. Perhaps I can rack up enough good Karma for my next lifetime, to be able to walk with a Father I lost in this lifetime.

Hollyanne,
A wonderful video, very inspiring, and a remembrance of a truly special time with your dad. I will share it with my two friends as we prepare for our Camino starting April 23, 2017. Thank you so much for sharing! FRL

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

I just posted a link to the video I made of my father and I walking the Camino Frances this past April. The link is posted below. I hope you all enjoy it!!

Hollyanne

Going at the same time this spring and yes so nice to see such happy faces. Thank you

Thank you for sharing! Such a wonderful journey that you both had.
My daughter and I will be walking together in Spring 2017 and hope that we have an amazing adventure just like yourselves!

Great inspiration as I prepare for my Camino. But, blisters - what went wrong? Shoes, socks, sock liners, vaseline, fit, rainwater, what was it? Any advice?

Hi Hollyanne Enjoyed watching your video,I was wondering how long did it take you and your dad to reach Santiago. Cheers Tony
It took a total of 32 days. We skipped about 30k to get to a doctor in Burgos to ensure there was no infection. We also walked several 30k plus days towards the end.

Great inspiration as I prepare for my Camino. But, blisters - what went wrong? Shoes, socks, sock liners, vaseline, fit, rainwater, what was it? Any advice?
Treat any "hot spots" early. Don't ignore any foot issues, they only get worse. Once we took care of the issues no further problems.

Hollyanne,
A wonderful video, very inspiring, and a remembrance of a truly special time with your dad. I will share it with my two friends as we prepare for our Camino starting April 23, 2017. Thank you so much for sharing! FRL

I'm very glad you liked it! Thanks for passing it along. I wish you and your friends a beautiful journey. Buen Camino!

Thank you for sharing! Such a wonderful journey that you both had.
My daughter and I will be walking together in Spring 2017 and hope that we have an amazing adventure just like yourselves!

You're sure to! Enjoy every moment! Buen Camino

Like so many others I enjoyed your video - bought back so many memories of our CF in Sept, 2015. Thanks for sharing.

I'm happy you liked it! The memories and the longing for the Camino seem like they'll never go away, and that's a good thing!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Looks like you and your Dad had the experience of a lifetime and it was a Buen Camino for sure![/QUOTE
Yes it was! Taking my son in two years, once he graduates from high school.

Hollyanne

Love your video. I walked from 02Apr 16 - 02 May 16 & listened to Mumford & Sons a lot. Except for the people this could be my own video, so many happy memories. Thank you for sharing.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Hollyanne

Hi! H.
I loved the way you did it, music is fantastic.
My first Camino is coming this March 20th.
Video give me a exiting feeling.
Thanks,H.
From Cathy.

Hollyanne

I still watch this at least once a week. Trip of a lifetime.
LY- H

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back