• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances End May - end June 2017

Vikita

Time of past OR future Camino
(May 27 /June (2017 - Hopefully)
I am from Wisconsin and would like to start the Camino in Pamplona the last week in May (perhaps) and all of June. Is there a woman out there who is looking for a walking partner? Even if we just start out together, I would welcome it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sorry, I won't be there. I understand the touch of confidence that comes from having another person identified in advance, but honestly, if you stay in one of the popular albergues the night before you start walking, and then leave with everyone else in the morning, you will have company!

End of May on the Camino Francés? You will have lots of company, don't worry ;-) Buen Camino, SY

PS You can also add yourself to the Camino Calendar on this forum and see/watch who else will be with you at the same time on the way.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I am starting from St Jean May 15th taking it slow & planning to be in Pamplona a couple days 18th & 19th.

You will have NO PROBLEM finding an English-speaking walking companion from Pamplona. There are a lot of folks of all ages heading in the same direction from the same point. just chat folks up when you see a likely looking person with a rucksack and hiking boots...

At that time of year, on the CF, you are only as solitary as YOU choose to be.

I hope this helps.

I am in agreement with @SY & @t2andreo - if you don't find a friend in Pamplona you should have one before you reach Puente La Reina. The "stroll" up the Alto del Perdon will provide lots of companion opportunities. To indicate that you are an English speaker - sow a badge from country Camino group; or pin on a badge from home - it will attract attention and conversation will follow.
Buen Camino.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I think everyone is right, that there should be a lot of people...but you may also need to move outside of your comfort zone if you are normally a shy, quiet person. Walk up to a person or group in the albergue and introduce yourself (I know, easier said than done for some), and ask to join them for dinner, or on the walk the next day. I cannot imagine anyone saying no. If this is normally not something you feel comfortable doing, maybe practice a little role playing with friends and family before you leave. Strike up a conversation while waiting to check in, or settling into your bunk, or even washing clothes or in the bathroom. I don't know if you are outgoing, or a bit reserved, so if you are more on the quiet side, practice striking up conversations just like breaking in your footwear. A chaplain friend of mine once told me he was very shy, so would rehearse "spontaneous" phrases before going to get-togethers. whatever works.
Buen Camino!

The Camino Frances is the most social event you are ever going to attend in your life. But you have to work at it, talk to other pilgrims as they walk past you, ask to join other people at a table when they are having drinks or eating. Offer to share an orange or a bottle of wine. Everybody is in the same boat, they all want to make friends so you will be welcomed with open arms. A small act of kindness to another pilgrim will bring dividends. But most of all, enjoy your walk.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am from Wisconsin and would like to start the Camino in Pamplona the last week in May (perhaps) and all of June. Is there a woman out there who is looking for a walking partner? Even if we just start out together, I would welcome it.
I will start 21. of May from SJPDP. I plan to use about 6 week. I am walking alone, and hope to meet and get to know a lot of people on the way. I am swedish woman living in Norway. Perhaps I will meet you. Wish you a wonderful Camino.

Hi Vikita! My boyfriend and I are planning to arrive in Pamplona on the 27th of May. Perhaps that's the day you are leaving. If it works out I will keep a lookout for you..plans always change. I'm sure you will have no problem meeting people to walk with. Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.