• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances from Dublin! :)

ShivCamino

Time of past OR future Camino
Last year I walked from Astorga to Santiago. (2015)
This summer I am planning to walk from SJPP to Santiago in June (2016)
Hola Peregrinos!! :)

Last year I walked from Astorga to Santiago with my friends and realised how amazing the Camino is! At the start of June I would like to start in SJPP and walk the whole way. I have a question about getting from Biarritz to Saint Jean. I hope to travel from Dublin on 1st June (with a connecting flight in London). Do trains run all through the evening from Biarritz to SJPP? Any Irish Peregrinos out there who are planning on similar dates and would like to get a shuttle bus? Prices are quite cheap between 4 or 8 persons. :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Take Chronoplus bus 14 from Biarritz Airport to Gare Bayonne. Chronoplus shuts down around 2100.

There are usually 4 trains TER #62 daily from Gare Bayonne to SJPdP. Usually the last one leaves 1806. Exception is Friday and Sunday when the last one leaves 2110.

See Schedule at SNCF TER Acquitaine. The schedule is updated frequently but the timings don't change.
http://cdn.ter.sncf.com/medias/PDF/aquitaine/FH_62_2016_tcm50-35352_tcm50-9053.pdf

@whariwharangi thank you so much! that is really helpful information!! I have 1 hour between when my flight should land in biarritz airport and the train from bayonne gare. Providing that my flight is not delayed, do you think this would be sufficient time to get from Biarritz airport to the station at Bayonne for the last train at 18.06 to SJPP? :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
@whariwharangi thank you so much! that is really helpful information!! I have 1 hour between when my flight should land in biarritz airport and the train from bayonne gare. Providing that my flight is not delayed, do you think this would be sufficient time to get from Biarritz airport to the station at Bayonne for the last train at 18.06 to SJPP? :)

No. It will take you at least a half hour to deplane ... assuming the plane actually arrives on time ... The bus takes about 35 minutes and the schedule does not match.
http://www.chronoplus.eu/

If you do arrive on time ...

You might try taking a taxi to Gare Biarritz to catch 1745 train #61 to Bayonne arriving 1755 ... in time to catch 1806. I'd give up on this plan at 1725 if you are still not in a taxi.
http://cdn.ter.sncf.com/medias/PDF/aquitaine/FH_61_27_11_2015_tcm50-35349_tcm50-9052.pdf

Or you might try taking a taxi to Cambo les Bains and intercept the train there 1834.

But I'd make sure of having a plan B that involves train the next morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
@whariwharangi that's brilliant, thanks so much for your advice! I'll look into it before buying my flights! :)

Last year I walked from Astorga to Santiago with my friends and realised how amazing the Camino is! At the start of June I would like to start in SJPP and walk the whole way. I have a question about getting from Biarritz to Saint Jean. I hope to travel from Dublin on 1st June (with a connecting flight in London). Do trains run all through the evening from Biarritz to SJPP? Any Irish Peregrinos out there who are planning on similar dates and would like to get a shuttle bus? Prices are quite cheap between 4 or 8 persons. :)
Why the connecting flight, I flew direct from Dublin to Biarritz last year with Ryanair. Got me in early enough to have a slightly late lunch in St Jean

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Why the connecting flight, I flew direct from Dublin to Biarritz last year with Ryanair. Got me in early enough to have a slightly late lunch in St Jean
Almost forgot the main question :). You can book with Express Bouricott to pick you up at the airport and bring you to St Jean. There is an article about her in the current edition of newsletter of the Irish Camino Society. You can pick up a copy in the office at St James church, St James Gate, Dublin. You can also get the Irish credencial and your first sello here. Dont remember the exact hours but they are open Thursday, Friday and Saturday. You can find the times at www.caminosociety.ie

You can book with Express Bouricott to pick you up at the airport and bring you to St Jean.
Yes, especially if there are a number of people because then the cost is quite reasonable. Caroline is a gem of the first order. She is amazingly helpful and knowledgeable--the first of many Camino angels.

Last year I walked from Astorga to Sant. Traingo with my friends and realised how amazing the Camino is! At the start of June I would like to start in SJPP and walk the whole way. I have a question about getting from Biarritz to Saint Jean. I hope to travel from Dublin on 1st June (with a connecting flight in London). Do trains run all through the evening from Biarritz to SJPP? Any Irish Peregrinos out there who are planning on similar dates and would like to get a shuttle bus? Prices are quite cheap between 4 or 8 persons. :)
W

Why go trough london? Ryan air fly to biarrits about 12 noon and arrives early afternoon in time for bus and Train from bayonne to sjp. Been there done that. Buen camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, especially if there are a number of people because then the cost is quite reasonable. Caroline is a gem of the first order. She is amazingly helpful and knowledgeable--the first of many Camino angels.

Express Bouricott - ref Caroline are brilliant – traveled from Dublin in Sept 2013 to Biarritz on a Sunday - pre booked Express Bouricott - Caroline meet me at the door of the airport – after a short time of gathering the group together – we were in SJPP in about 1 hour – I had my accommodation already booked in SJPP – no problems – a great start to the Camino – good luck

Hello everybody! @tpmchugh @Viranani @christy wharton @clearskies @danielc thanks so much for all of your comments and advice! :) I will be sure to give Express Bouricott a shout because it sounds like a great option! I know the stopover in London seems a bit silly but it actually worked out far cheaper to get a connecting flight to Biarritz and get the taxi to SJPP than a direct flight from Dublin and the connecting train. (I booked quite last minute!! haha) Thanks again everyone! Very excited for starting the Camino and doing the whole thing! :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back