• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances in June

den_ireland

Hi there,
Am thinking of walking the Camino Frances in June. Just wondering if there is anyone else thinking of doing it around the same time? Would be glad of the company as will be walking it on my own.
Kind Regards,
Denise

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'm arriving at Saint-Jean-Pied-De-Port on the 1st of June, on my own as well. :wink: I expect to meet plenty other pilgrims though.

I wouldn't worry too much Denise, from what others have told me, you will probably meet people instantly on arrival in SJPdP and along the route itself, all part of the experience!

I arrive into SJPdP on the 12 June, but you should be well ahead of me by the stage!

Buen Camino! :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Denise

If you click on the 'Camino de Santiago Calendar' link at the bottom of this page you see which forum members are starting from the various points each day, 20,000+ start each year from St Jean so you won't be short of fellow peregrinos to say hello to and pass a few miles with.

Regards

Seamus

http://supersullivan.wordpress.com/2013 ... -ramblers/

We're leaving SJPdP (three of us) on the 5th of June. Staying in Orisson that night.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Andy,
My friend and I arrive SJPP on the 4th and staying Orrison the 5th. See you up there!
Gina and Caroline

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello! Ill be starting from sjpp on the 10 or 11 of june, hope to see you on the road

I will be arriving in SJ on the 4th spending the night there and then starting on the 5th. Not sure where I will be staying that night, but I might book a room in Orris.

All my good wishes are ready to accompany you,
And my faith is with you,
Taylor Blackwell
love and light

hi there,
thanks for all your replies. I finally have got my dates for the camino finalized. I will arrive SJPP on the 4th of June and stay there that night. I will be staying in Orisson on the 5th of June. So Andy, Gina and Caroline possibly Taylor and PadreTeeJay see you on the camino :)
Denise

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Three of us arriving June 5th from Dublin and will be hiking up to Orisson to stay that night. See you all there!

Hi, I will be walking with my husband. We are leaving SJPDP June 16th, with a short walk to Orison to start.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I will be starting from Pamplona on June 27 with my wife and teenage kids.
Rob

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for all the great information! Starting from SJPP on Tuesday 11 June, sadly only for a week this time, hopefully to continue later in the year (or 2014)
Have sewn my badge on! So look forward to talking to fellow pilgrims......
Best wishes to all

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Northern WI my plan is the same, I am staying at L'esprit du Chemin. Maybe we will meet walking along the way. T.J.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
starting from st jean on June 7th! :D

St. Jean Pied de Port was beautiful this morning, just chilly. The walk up the Napolean route was tough but proud I finished! Buen camino to those trying the route! :). It was very wet and muddy.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.