Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Camino Frances is done, but I know sometime I will be back, but what should be next?

Year of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk Camino de Santiago April/May/June 2016.
What an awesome experience and what a wonderful way to get to meet so many different types of beautiful people. But one day I will be back, Camino Frances gave me exactly what I needed and now I need a new way to go or a different Camino to walk? Any suggestions would be appreciated so please give me you're advice on what Camino to do next? Thanks in advance for your suggestions/information ;-)

Sincerely

NorwegianWalker

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

HeidiL

Veteran Member
Francés (2004-), Portugués, Madrid, 4/5 Plata, 1/8 Levante, 1/8 Lana, Augusta, hospitalera Grado.
It really depends on what you want. All other caminos are less populated, so looking for landscape types that you enjoy and cities you would like to go through would be a good start.

(I'd take the Portuguese from Porto myself, since it's fairly populated and quite flat, without very long gaps between places to sleep, but if you can tackle mountains and long days, I hear the Norte is absolutely lovely - and not for me.)

marbuck

Condom to Pamplona April 2016.
Le Puy to Condom France - April-May 2015.
Roncesvalles to Santiago April - May 2014
Finisterre to Muxia May 2014
Le Puy to SJPDP Camino in France, taking every detour you can find. A wonderful walk.

Kanga

Staff member
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
If you want a walk approximately the same length as the Camino Francés, and you want to finish in SDC, then the Camino del Norte. If finishing in SDC is not an issue, you want a completely different experience, and you don't mind paying a bit more (about a third more), then the Le Puy to SJPDP.

I have not walked any of the shorter routes so can't comment.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
It really depends what you want:

Do you want to end your pilgrimage in Santiago? Or Rome, or Assisi or Jerusalem? Or are you happy not having such a point at the end of your walk/pilgrimage?
Do you need good pilgrim infrastructure or are you happy with less perfect accommodation/services?
How long/how much time?

Buen Camino, SY

Plan to walk Camino de Santiago April/May/June 2016.
It really depends what you want:

Do you want to end your pilgrimage in Santiago? Or Rome, or Assisi or Jerusalem? Or are you happy not having such a point at the end of your walk/pilgrimage?
Do you need good pilgrim infrastructure or are you happy with less perfect accommodation/services?
How long/how much time?

Buen Camino, SY

Those are questions I can not answer right now, but sooner rather than later I hope to :)

Phillypilgrim

C F Sept.(2013) Camino de Madrid & Finisterre/Muxia Sept. (2014)
Finisterre/Muia June (2017).
My second Camino, I walked the Camino de Madrid, the CF from Sahagun to Astorga (bused to Santiago) then the Camino Finisterre and Muxia. A month in total. It worked for me.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

domigee

Veteran Member
2020? Looks like.... nowhere! 😁
How about Via de la Plata? From Mérida to SdC, 4 weeks. Even better if you have the time to start from Sevilla. I don't recommend the Summer months, though.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads