• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances or Norte

HaliTash

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2017
Hello,

My partner and I are planning to begin our Camino in September. We were initially going to begin by walking from SJPP to Pamploma, and then planned to cycle from Pamploma until Leon (at least). We have three weeks and don't know that we will finish the Camino. We intend let the experience dictate our pace.

In researching further I have read that the Camino Norte may be more suitable for cycling and I was hoping to reach out and get some added perspective about this. Presently, we are scheduled to fly into Biarritz and fly out of Santiago.

Any input and considerations offered are most appreciated!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Its been a while since I walked the Norte so I can’t really remember specifics. However, the Norte is definitely more strenuous than the Frances!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello,

My partner and I are planning to begin our Camino in September. We were initially going to begin by walking from SJPP to Pamploma, and then planned to cycle from Pamploma until Leon (at least). We have three weeks and don't know that we will finish the Camino. We intend let the experience dictate our pace.

In researching further I have read that the Camino Norte may be more suitable for cycling and I was hoping to reach out and get some added perspective about this. Presently, we are scheduled to fly into Biarritz and fly out of Santiago.

Any input and considerations offered are most appreciated!
Your thread grabbed my attention as I have the exact same question. I'm planning my trip in May 2018, initially I planned to walk from Leon, then it changed and I was going to walk the first part from SJPP over the Pyrenees then travel to another spot and walk the rest of the way. The more I think on it, the more I want to do the whole Camino Frances, seems I have the bug everyone mentions. Time is a issue. I would love to hear your findings once you get back. Happy and safe travels!

Hello! So after considerable research we decided that the Camino Frances will be our best route with Pamplona as the starting point for our cycle portion. We contacted several bicycle rental companies and this seemed to be our best option based on our research. We will be walking from SJPP and have secured bicycle rentals from a local company. If you do decide to rent a bicycle, I do recommend that you reserve something as soon as you have a good idea of your plans. The most reputable company we found has been booked solid for a few months because of large group bookings. Just something to think about. I hope this helps!

Good luck with your adventure as well! Feel free to connect back if you want any other information. :)

I hope you had a wonderful time on your Camino. Thanks for getting back to me - could you please let me know the name of the bike rental company you decided on. Also - did you ride the whole way from Pamplona to SdC, and how long did it take you?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?
I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back