• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances .. raving and a little ranting

Kerstinh47

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 16 May - 29 June, 2014
One year ago today, I was approximately 2/3 of the way from St Jean Pied de Port to Santaigo. (hurray!) I miss the camino terribly - the insight, the tears, the depth of spirit, the utter stillness of hearing my own heart, the laughter at the mistakes I made, the insanity of walking for days and the fortune of sharing the hearts of others - other people, other countries, other goals, other beliefs. I'm better for making it all the way - and the better came from the my uncertainty, the beautiful stillness in the busy-ness of nature, the cuckoo bird song, the love from local Spaniards and pilgrims, the masses and divinity... and maybe more than all of these - from deciding to commit to this experience and then doing it. I took a bus - twice !- when my body/spirit couldn't do it, and a taxi once when I was sooooo broken. I don't know how it matters all that much how a human gets from here to there - what seems to matter more is what is etched in a heart; in a soul after dedicating ones-self to such a committed journey. Good self-care is a part of the journey of life ; and while I promote it, I judge it also - particularly if it is me. The camino helped me to learn even more than I knew about taking care of myself whether physical, emotional or spiritual; and in helping ourselves maybe we are better at helping others.

I love to read the forums; love to hear how others are doing and managing, and planning, and getting to Santiago! I also get discouraged; why do we revel in this human-ness, this judgement that bubbles so craftily from our own selves to pounce on another? So often it seems that our own judgement of others somehow leads us back to ourselves. I didn't know anything about what it meant to go on a pilgrimage until my spirit got tagged by the instigator - The Way - yes, the movie. I feel icky when I read posts about a 'true' pilgrim; there is a sacredness and a sacrifice for each in walking day after day in spirit and in the shadow of self judgement and ubiquitous shame of who we have not yet become. We don't know the stories of others unless we ask with attentive love and compassion given to listening to another's story. Whether or not one carries their pack each day, walks or taxis, each still carries the burden of what it means to them to be a human, a pilgrim, a sinner and a beautiful soul.

The Camino Frances is busy and beautiful. It's tremendous and terrible, it's heart breaking and life affirming, and among the lessons I took home with me; it's a precious and unparalleled walk with one's own strength and fragility. We can all hold one another up - or not. I had much better moments when I held others and they held me.

Rant over. Rave Complete.
Buen Camino, beautiful Peregrino/as.
Kerstin

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
One year ago today, I was approximately 2/3 of the way from St Jean Pied de Port to Santaigo. (hurray!) I miss the camino terribly - the insight, the tears, the depth of spirit, the utter stillness of hearing my own heart, the laughter at the mistakes I made, the insanity of walking for days and the fortune of sharing the hearts of others - other people, other countries, other goals, other beliefs. I'm better for making it all the way - and the better came from the my uncertainty, the beautiful stillness in the busy-ness of nature, the cuckoo bird song, the love from local Spaniards and pilgrims, the masses and divinity... and maybe more than all of these - from deciding to commit to this experience and then doing it. I took a bus - twice !- when my body/spirit couldn't do it, and a taxi once when I was sooooo broken. I don't know how it matters all that much how a human gets from here to there - what seems to matter more is what is etched in a heart; in a soul after dedicating ones-self to such a committed journey. Good self-care is a part of the journey of life ; and while I promote it, I judge it also - particularly if it is me. The camino helped me to learn even more than I knew about taking care of myself whether physical, emotional or spiritual; and in helping ourselves maybe we are better at helping others.

I love to read the forums; love to hear how others are doing and managing, and planning, and getting to Santiago! I also get discouraged; why do we revel in this human-ness, this judgement that bubbles so craftily from our own selves to pounce on another? So often it seems that our own judgement of others somehow leads us back to ourselves. I didn't know anything about what it meant to go on a pilgrimage until my spirit got tagged by the instigator - The Way - yes, the movie. I feel icky when I read posts about a 'true' pilgrim; there is a sacredness and a sacrifice for each in walking day after day in spirit and in the shadow of self judgement and ubiquitous shame of who we have not yet become. We don't know the stories of others unless we ask with attentive love and compassion given to listening to another's story. Whether or not one carries their pack each day, walks or taxis, each still carries the burden of what it means to them to be a human, a pilgrim, a sinner and a beautiful soul.

The Camino Frances is busy and beautiful. It's tremendous and terrible, it's heart breaking and life affirming, and among the lessons I took home with me; it's a precious and unparalleled walk with one's own strength and fragility. We can all hold one another up - or not. I had much better moments when I held others and they held me.

Kerstin

Kerstin ~ Quite simply. Thank you for this beautiful post Peregrina.

Kerstin
Hi Kerstin , what you said is so wonderful.
Wish you well , Peter .

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Kerstin

LOVE-ly

Kerstin, you have said what the majority of peregrinos feel, I would imagine.
Why try to be elitest and superior when you don't know the back story
to peoples motivation? Doesn't make sense.
So well done for putting the case for compassion and empathy.
Thank You

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Love your "rant".
I am wary of zealots, even if they are on my side of the fence. Exaggerated enthusiasm typically blinds the owner in my experience. I too miss my time on the Camino and plan to be back in 2016.
C

Your post is a beautiful description of how most of us feel about the Camino. Thanks for writing it down!

I just want to add a point about the forum. Most members and posts would completely agree with your sentiments. Like you, some members get very discouraged because of the tone of a few threads, or they are offended by implied or stated criticism. Occasionally a comment is petty or critical or silly or snide or attempts humour awkwardly. We ALL sometimes say (or think) things like that. Sometimes we are unthinking or unkind. The internet is unforgiving, so we as readers have to do the forgiving even of forum members (!), who are only human too. As you said, we don't know the story of others at their keyboards. Maybe they are just being silly at the moment, or have had a tough day, so we should not take everything with utter seriousness.

Over the years as I've followed the forum, I have often formed a negative opinion of a member from a few posts. I'm happy to say that after reading more posts over time, I often (but not always!) change my opinion for the better or at least I see the whole person better. I love the mystery and spontaneity of the internet forum, but it brings annoyance as well as laughter. We should try to accept that without being too quick to take offense!

Then, of course, there are a few trolls and rabble rousers. But don't pay too much attention to them. The moderators do a very good job.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I agree with everything said above, but given that, when there are regulations about walking, accommodation, etc. which a person knows, it would be kinder to try to follow them and better for one's own integrity. I will try, if I have to take public transport on my camino, to stay in a hostal or other accommodation not set aside for walking/cycling pilgrims. If I needed to stay in a pilgrim albergue, I would explain my situation to a hospitalero and hope for mercy. If I wanted the compostella and had not walked 100k, I would consider what it meant to me and why I felt that I should get it before applying. I guess what I want to say is that the camino is one's own but there is a point to following regulations directed at pilgrims and a point to trying to be compassionate to those who have walked a long day and need a bed. I am not suggesting that the OP was saying she had ignored regulations or others' needs. But living in any shared public situation requires agreement to follow communal regulations and to be especially compassionate to the vulnerable (even when it is ourselves, of course).

Kerstin

Wasn't Robert Redford in this movie?

Jokinggggg. ;). :)

Kerstin

Hear hear. Well said.

I remember standing in line at the Pilgrims' Office, awaiting my Campostela, and the woman behind me asked me where I had started. I told her - I did not start at SJPP for tons of reasons - and she made a statement something about my not having had a "REAL" Camino. I looked at her and said, I have no idea what you're referring to you. I experienced a REAL Camino. It was a spectacular experience, walking strongly, hobbling, senses full of the surroundings. Tons of deep inner spirit soul work.

I didn't do the Camino as some sort of physical feat. I did it because my spirit was called and I followed the calling. I would do it over in a heartbeat. I'm thinking about what route next and when to do it.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
In September 2013, I walked SJPdP to Navarrete. What followed: crippling bursitis, a taxi ride to Burgos (could not get on a bus), two days in and out of a Burgos hospital as they investigated a possible blood clot and infection, a bus ride to Leon and two days of physio, and finally a long, beautiful, challenging 115 km walk into SdC on crutches with additional support from God and Forum members.
Upon my return to St. Catharines, I had a donut shop chat with a patron who'd walked the Camino several times. After hearing my story, he asked me a question. "What do you call someone who uses taxis and buses along the Camino?"
"What?" I responded.
"A cheater." He emphasized the eee.
Could I change his mind? No. Did I try? No. Did it matter? Nope!
I leave for my Camino on June 28th. I hope to do it without crutches. I know that should I accomplish the entire way from SJPdP to Muxia without incident, it will be marvellous. How could it not be? BUT, nothing will ever overshadow the overall joy, pride, and gratefulness I continue to have for my interrupted crutch-taxi-bus supported Camino.
Buen Camino everyone...along whatever twist and turn your path takes you. Love the journey.
~Penny

I agree with everything said above, but given that, when there are regulations about walking, accommodation, etc. which a person knows, it would be kinder to try to follow them and better for one's own integrity. I will try, if I have to take public transport on my camino, to stay in a hostal or other accommodation not set aside for walking/cycling pilgrims. If I needed to stay in a pilgrim albergue, I would explain my situation to a hospitalero and hope for mercy. If I wanted the compostella and had not walked 100k, I would consider what it meant to me and why I felt that I should get it before applying. I guess what I want to say is that the camino is one's own but there is a point to following regulations directed at pilgrims and a point to trying to be compassionate to those who have walked a long day and need a bed. I am not suggesting that the OP was saying she had ignored regulations or others' needs. But living in any shared public situation requires agreement to follow communal regulations and to be especially compassionate to the vulnerable (even when it is ourselves, of course).

Albertagirl- I agree. I did, in fact (though I must say that it really doesn't matter in the end) bus backwards from the meseta for medical care in Burgos, then back to where I was.
The day I cried about deciding I needed to taxi ahead approximately 11k, I indeed, got a room at a hotel -I was broken, broken,broken and wanted to hide my broken-ness.
Maybe I'm speaking to insecurity, because why I feel I need to explain is beyond me, yet the lesson inside of it all is perhaps heeding vulnerability and brokenness helps a person to walk a bit stronger.
Best to you, Peregrina :)

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If I was in a wheel chair and couldn't walk parts of the Camino, would my journey be less than yours? If my feet were blistered or my feet or legs had tendinitis, would my Camino be less than yours? I don't personally don't think so. The Camino that I love so much is a journey of the spirit, of the heart and a reflection of life. However you complete the journey I believe that you find adventure, enlightenment, friendship, laughter, and joy. Buen Camino.

The Camino that I love so much is a journey of the spirit, of the heart and a reflection of life. However you complete the journey I believe that you find adventure, enlightenment, friendship, laughter, and joy. Buen Camino.
I agree totally with this comment. But not everyone is there for a journey of the spirit. I talked this last weekend with my niece's husband, who said that they, with their six month old baby, had walked parts of the camino frances some seven years ago with a tour group. For them, it was a walking holiday where they were bused from place to place and spent a short time enjoying the route. He did not remember the name of a single place where he had been and the camino seemed to fit into his life as a past opportunity for an inexpensive holiday. He has largely forgotten it and seems to have taken nothing from it. I suspect that some of the people who walk the camino initially as tourists may find that their hearts are touched in response to the spiritual power of the route. Others will come and go and forget all about it.

Albertagirl- I agree. I did, in fact (though I must say that it really doesn't matter in the end) bus backwards from the meseta for medical care in Burgos, then back to where I was.
The day I cried about deciding I needed to taxi ahead approximately 11k, I indeed, got a room at a hotel -I was broken, broken,broken and wanted to hide my broken-ness.
Maybe I'm speaking to insecurity, because why I feel I need to explain is beyond me, yet the lesson inside of it all is perhaps heeding vulnerability and brokenness helps a person to walk a bit stronger.
Best to you, Peregrina :)
Kerstin! You need a Nana hug! Come here girl!
Sometimes things get so overwhelming physically and mentally that you simply MUST take a time out. This happens to everyone who has a beating heart and a feeling soul. I am glad you shared. It makes us other mortals feel better about our own time outs.
And Taxi Drivers need to make a living too.
You are smart. You are kind. You are important.

I agree totally with this comment. But not everyone is there for a journey of the spirit. I talked this last weekend with my niece's husband, who said that they, with their six month old baby, had walked parts of the camino frances some seven years ago with a tour group. For them, it was a walking holiday where they were bused from place to place and spent a short time enjoying the route. He did not remember the name of a single place where he had been and the camino seemed to fit into his life as a past opportunity for an inexpensive holiday. He has largely forgotten it and seems to have taken nothing from it. I suspect that some of the people who walk the camino initially as tourists may find that their hearts are touched in response to the spiritual power of the route. Others will come and go and forget all about it.

You are so right. What I really meant to say is my journey is not yours, nor is yours mine. There are some pilgrims that just go for the getaway or the hike. It doesn't make my journey less or more than theirs. No judgement meant in anyway.

Thank you all for this thread. Not only did Kerstin write her heartfelt thoughts beautifully, but the responses are marvelous. I read posts every night before sleeping. This one warms my heart and energizes my soul. Thank you pilgrims. I hope to experience all that is the Camino one day and meet generous humans along the way.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Kerstin
A rant well ranted;)

The people who come and go and forget all about it live their lives in the blind, on and off the Camino. They don't LOOK, so they can't SEE. See?
My sister in law was going on and on about the horrible time she was having with her Real Estate Agent. She specifically said four bedrooms four bathrooms in her dream neighborhood with a good water view, large backyard and updated kitchen. She went on and on and on about the way this agent was inept and couldn't find her butt with both hands. I tried to calm her down by saying there were only so many homes to look at in a specific area, and maybe she could get one and fix it up, and she exploded. "You don't know anything!" she yelled. "You'd be happy in the City Damn DUMP!" I sipped my wine and said "Well, if it had a good water view..." and my brother in law passed beer thru his nose.
She just couldn't see.

One year ago today, I was approximately 2/3 of the way from St Jean Pied de Port to Santaigo. (hurray!) I miss the camino terribly - the insight, the tears, the depth of spirit, the utter stillness of hearing my own heart, the laughter at the mistakes I made, the insanity of walking for days and the fortune of sharing the hearts of others - other people, other countries, other goals, other beliefs.

Thank you Kerstin for this beautiful post. Two years ago I was 10 days away from Santiago - I miss it everyday and cannot wait to go back in 2016. And yes due to injuries I had to send my pack ahead, but I would rather have hobbled along without a pack than going home pre maturely! Take care.

If I was in a wheel chair and couldn't walk parts of the Camino, would my journey be less than yours? If my feet were blistered or my feet or legs had tendinitis, would my Camino be less than yours? I don't personally don't think so. The Camino that I love so much is a journey of the spirit, of the heart and a reflection of life. However you complete the journey I believe that you find adventure, enlightenment, friendship, laughter, and joy. Buen Camino.

You are one of the few who I believe are nonjudgmental. And yet there are those who think they are the only ones who deserve to be called True Pilgrims, whatever that means. Camino Purists they claim to be, and yet they are only fooling themselves!
!Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Loved reading your post. We must have been on the way at a similar time. I arrived in Santiago on the 30 th June last year. On the 21st June 2014 I was at Crux de Ferro. Exactly 12months ago tomorrow. It was simply amazing. It was the Summer equinox. I am back in the land down under and tomorrow is the winter equinox. Wish I was back in Spain and hope one day I will get to walk again.

Kerstin
that was a beautiful post. Couldn't have said it any better myself. makes me think about my Camino how much money I will have.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Kerstin
WoW Kerstin!..Beautifully said!.. Although I have not walked 'The Way' yet, but getting ready to leave late August, I share your vision and philosophy. Thank you for taking the time to write these words. Very inspirying :)

Kerstin

Kerstin

The most eloquently subtle precis of the Camino journey I have read on this forum. Thank you Kerstin for your positive message. It warms the heart and instills renewed faith in this "pilgrim in waiting". 2016 is my year.

In September 2013, I walked SJPdP to Navarrete. What followed: crippling bursitis, a taxi ride to Burgos (could not get on a bus), two days in and out of a Burgos hospital as they investigated a possible blood clot and infection, a bus ride to Leon and two days of physio, and finally a long, beautiful, challenging 115 km walk into SdC on crutches with additional support from God and Forum members.
Upon my return to St. Catharines, I had a donut shop chat with a patron who'd walked the Camino several times. After hearing my story, he asked me a question. "What do you call someone who uses taxis and buses along the Camino?"
"What?" I responded.
I leave for my Camino on June 28th. I hope to do it without crutches. I know that should I accomplish the entire way from SJPdP to Muxia without incident, it will be marvellous. How could it not be? BUT, nothing will ever overshadow the overall joy, pride, and gratefulness I continue to have for my interrupted crutch-taxi-bus supported Camino.
Buen Camino everyone...along whatever twist and turn your path takes you. Love the journey.
~Penny
I to took a taxi from Barbadelo to a hospital in Arzua followed by a taxi to a hospital in Santiago where I spent 8 days in intensive care, but I finally made it to the Cathedral and then home to Australia for an operation and 5 more days in hospital and I went back to the Camino a year later and did it all again. All I can say is a person who has such a negative attitude and thinks he is better than other pilgrims did not learn much on the Camino and one can only feel sorry. You will return and enjoy that feeling again as I did, I am back in 2016 and if you walk a stage or two it is your Camino.
Buen Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
"What?" I responded.
~Penny
Hi penny,
How brilliant you are walking the camino again and I must say you were a more gracious lady then I might have been ;) . This will be my first ever camino and will be walking it with my 16 year old son - it's his dream and I'm totally buying into it :) so very very excited now - will be a short little walk to refuge Orrison ahead of you on the 27th and might just see you along the way - buen camino

Fortunately we didn't meet very many judgemental people on our Camino. I think everyone we met along the way either took a bus, taxi or stayed in a hotel at some point. I didn't know there were rules except to walk the last 100 km and get two stamps. A few people joked when someone took a bus, "cheater" but it was light hearted. I can only remember one older man who told us he had walked Camino 8 times, who was very judgemental about the way other people were doing it...although we met him when we were staying at the same hotel. (Hotels aren't allowed???)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi penny,
How brilliant you are walking the camino again and I must say you were a more gracious lady then I might have been ;) . This will be my first ever camino and will be walking it with my 16 year old son - it's his dream and I'm totally buying into it :) so very very excited now - will be a short little walk to refuge Orrison ahead of you on the 27th and might just see you along the way - buen camino

Wishing you and your son a Buen Camino and joy in every step.
~Penny

So beautifully written - sounds like you may have a book in you! I've just committed to the Camino for next spring and will take your sentiments with me.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Indeed, what is a true pilgrim? I nominate the lady I took on the Camino two weeks ago. We travelled by coach from St. Jean Pied de Port to Finisterre, following the Camino Frances all the way. She is 85 and has cancer. Three years ago she was told she had only one year to live. When we reached Leon she had to spend a day in bed, but she struggled on and completed the pilgrimage, reading from the Bible at the group Mass we had in a side chapel of Santiago Cathedral. After we returned she stayed in bed for a week to recover, but is gradually feeling stronger. She and her busband (88 and having had a stroke) sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers to thank me for arranging it, plus a cheque to donate to a charity of our choice. She wasn't able to walk any distance at all along the Camino, but in my book she is much more of a true pilgrim than I am having walked 500 miles.

Indeed, what is a true pilgrim? I nominate the lady I took on the Camino two weeks ago. We travelled by coach from St. Jean Pied de Port to Finisterre, following the Camino Frances all the way. She is 85 and has cancer. Three years ago she was told she had only one year to live. She wasn't able to walk any distance at all along the Camino, but in my book she is much more of a true pilgrim than I am having walked 500 miles.
absolutely, because it was about a mindset, call it religiois or spiritual. I think most would agree with that rather than 3000 miles from home swimming across the Atlantic for the physical challenge. The idea os increasing distance to cause some discomfort to those just wanting a trendy certificate. But clearly that leaves out those with the heart and soul, but a weaker body....

Kerstin

Thank you Kerstinh47. I really needed your beautiful words at this moment in time. My pilgrimage begins on Sept. 4, God willing, and though I've been training, planning and preparing, I still have a sense of trepidation that has grown in the past few days. I'm doing a solo and this will be as far from home and family as I've ever been. The warmth in your words encourages me, gives me the anticipation that I may also find such solace, such rich, spiritual reward in my own journey. Thank you so much!

Thank you Kerstinh47. I really needed your beautiful words at this moment in time. My pilgrimage begins on Sept. 4, God willing, and though I've been training, planning and preparing, I still have a sense of trepidation that has grown in the past few days. I'm doing a solo and this will be as far from home and family as I've ever been. The warmth in your words encourages me, gives me the anticipation that I may also find such solace, such rich, spiritual reward in my own journey. Thank you so much!
Michael - with your attitude and willingness, you will! I had a 'freak-out' on the way to airport to leave for Europe... The kind where snot and gasping are involved, and wanted to change my mind...., I am SO glad I went through with it:). Buen Camino, Peregrino! ❤️

Michael - with your attitude and willingness, you will! I had a 'freak-out' on the way to airport to leave for Europe... The kind where snot and gasping are involved, and wanted to change my mind...., I am SO glad I went through with it:). Buen Camino, Peregrino! ❤️
I went solo, too :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
On the bus out to the airport at Santiago, we sat in front of two women who had just finished their camino and were flying home. One spent the 40 minute ride bemoaning the behaviour of those on the camino who were not "true pilgrims" - and yes, she did indeed use those exact words. She had a whole list of "should haves" - they should have got up early, they should have gone to bed early, they should have walked more kilometres (or less - I wasn't really listening) , they should have been more spiritual - and they were too noisy, they laughed too much, they disturbed her quiet times, they caught buses, they took the best beds in the albergues. The two places that particularly angered her were the Cruce de Ferro and Finisterre. There were people at those places who were not "true pilgrims". They had spoiled those places for her. At the Cruce de Ferro they did not behave reverently. They were noisy, they did not appreciate the significance of the place, they intruded on her spiritual feeling for the place. At Finisterre they were just tourists who got in the way of the "true pilgrims" and took the best vantage points as the sun sank into the sea.

I felt sad for her.

Thanks @Kerstinh47 for your beautiful words. I'm awfully glad I am not a "true pilgrim"!

"The Way" has a humorous discussion of true pilgrims. It is very sad when a pilgrimage is spoiled for someone who is irritated by external events, including other Pilgrims. They do not realize that their disappointment is entirely internal. Litter, noise, someone else's level of reverence are completely out of their control, so there is no way to remove the source of their irritation. They are doomed to a life of bitterness. Very sad.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
This is a small hotel in a small town but it has character and a very nice family who welcome you. It is simple and the dinner is tasty. Breakfast is set out and ready for the early departures at 4 or 5-6 o'clock. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the old building has much character.
There is no AC or fans but luckily once again, we had evening storms to cool us down.

The people who come and go and forget all about it live their lives in the blind, on and off the Camino. They don't LOOK, so they can't SEE. See?
My sister in law was going on and on about the horrible time she was having with her Real Estate Agent. She specifically said four bedrooms four bathrooms in her dream neighborhood with a good water view, large backyard and updated kitchen. She went on and on and on about the way this agent was inept and couldn't find her butt with both hands. I tried to calm her down by saying there were only so many homes to look at in a specific area, and maybe she could get one and fix it up, and she exploded. "You don't know anything!" she yelled. "You'd be happy in the City Damn DUMP!" I sipped my wine and said "Well, if it had a good water view..." and my brother in law passed beer thru his nose.
She just couldn't see.
Hahahaha!

Kerstin
All I can say, is that you scared and encouraged me by this post. Thank you. I leave 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'm quite nervous, but my pride and fortitude will carry me forward. I'm off for an 8 miler with my fully loaded pack including water. It weighs in at 17 lbs. I think I can get it down a bit before I leave.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back