• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances September 26th

Sanbound2012

My daughter and I will be starting the Camino on the 26th of September. Are most albergues open in the fall? What should I expect from the weather this time of year?

There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.
Mark Twain

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Albergue closings do not start before the end of October, so you will be fine. Very little closes in the last 100 km, and there is always one place in town open. Be prepared with layers of clothes, as it can get cool mornings and evenings. When walking, you will keep your body heat up in most situations, so you will want to be able to doff a layer!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm starting on 22 September from Saint Jean Pied de Port and staying overnight in Orisson (to start out slow and easy as this is my first camino). Perhaps I'll see you both. I'm taking layers and synthetic sleeping bag.

Sanbound2012 said:
My daughter and I will be starting the Camino on the 26th of September. Are most albergues open in the fall? What should I expect from the weather this time of year?

Will be toting layers, including light fleece top, poncho, rain pants, wind-proof anorak, high visibility vest, silk long underwear (super lightweight and doubles as sleepwear) base layer long sleeve shirt, fleece hat and gloves, a down bag and liner, and an ultralight tent split between us, in the hopes that we can sleep outdoors a few of those nights.

Husband and I will be starting the Camino on September 27th, so may very well run into you.
I'll have a forum badge on my pack. We are from the Washington DC area ....Where do you hail from?

I am working as a hospitalera at Granon from 1 to 15 October, so I should be there by the time you reach it. Hope to meet some of you there. Jenny (from South Africa).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thank you all for the information. We are preparing to pack layers, waterproof shoes, rainwear, etc.. Would like to keep it all under 15lbs.!! Looking forward to meeting new friends on the Camino. We are traveling from Florida. We'll be stopping in Paris, Bourdeaux and Lourdes before arriving at SJPdP. Very excited. Counting the days.

jennysa said:
I am working as a hospitalera at Granon from 1 to 15 October, so I should be there by the time you reach it. Hope to meet some of you there. Jenny (from South Africa).
You LUCKY GIRL you!!!! And trained by the Grand Master as well!!

ouroboros said:
.................. and an ultralight tent split between us
Don't want to put you off but it really gets cold at night - be nice to hear how you got on with the camping.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.