• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances, SJPP - Burgos, July 2009, blog

Hali

Hola Everybody!

I'm back from a fantastic Camino, everything I had hoped for and more!
Thank you all for advice before my camino.
Most of all it was great to have read so many blogs about other pilgrims personal experiences along the way.
I was going to write my blog in Swedish but as I was speaking English all along the way it ended up being written in broken English instead!
If anyone wants to read it for remembering their own trips or for preparing a camino, fell free to browse through it on this address.
I´m still adding pictures to the blog but all of my entries were written along the way. Luckily there was Internet in almost every tiny town, especially apprecciated in Granon where the wonderful experience just ached to be written down!

http://hali.bloggsida.se/

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hali! It looks like you stayed at some of the same albergues I did. :) How many beds does the albergue in the church at Logrono have? I was one of those who went "Godfather" when I stayed there. :lol:

I'll go back later & finish reading it. :)

Kelly

Hi Kelly!

In Logrono we were in a room right next to the entrance, there were 10-12 beds in the room. I looked around upstairs and didn't see anymore beds so maybe that was it! :shock:

I went "Godfather" in Granon, we knew beforehand that it was very basic but the experience of that place made up for any hardship! But we felt that after Granon we'd had our fill of mattresses which is why we didn´t want to stay in Tosantos (a tip, just saw that you might stay there!). Also, two of the albergues in Belorado have POOLS!!!! The ultimate luxury at that point! Maybe you should do a short stage, if you have enough time! Cuatro Cantones had the best pool (with baby bunnies jumping around it!) plus a great donativo pilgrim menu in a very nice restaurant upstairs. We also thought the breakfast buffet that we paid for in advance would be in the restaurant, don't be fooled there as we were, all dreaming about scrambled eggs and orange juice. It turned out to be the usual, yesterdays bread, butter, marmalade and coffee, served in the kitchen. Perfectly alright but not exactly a buffet! :?

I took a quick look at your blog again, saw that you also stayed in Azofra and Ventosa, very comfortable places! The hospitalera in Ventosa played Vivaldis "Summer" for our wake-up, also very nice! :D

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hali, thanks for the tip. BTW, to you & anyone else reading this, there is a pool at the private albergue in Boadilla. ;)

Anyway, I thought the beds were in the front room! But we were hurried upstairs & given gym mats to sleep on in the front room next to the library. The poor hospitalera was about to lose her mind. People kept coming----I think some hung like bats from the rafters. ;) And yes, I stayed at Azofra & Ventosa, lovely places both. :)

Do me a favor, Hali, & email William Bisset your information about the albergue in the church in Logrono. He told me 2 years ago that I was the 1st person to tell him about it & the entry he wrote hasn't been updated since. You can at least confirm there are actual beds. ;)

This time around, I'll be aiming for Navarette, unless I get a hankering to go posh & stay at a hotel in Logrono.

Kelly
Kelly

WolverineDG said:
I suppose it would help if I gave you his email address: wdbisset at hotmail dot com

:lol: Thanks Kelly! Yes, that does help, tried to google him, lots of hits but no email address.
I had the Brierly guide (which by the way didn't mention the church albergue!)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back