• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Francés - Starting April 1, 2023

AMV

Time of past OR future Camino
April 1, 2023
Hello! Happy to have found this site. My husband and I are planning our camino for April 2023. We are researching and reviewing everything we can. We leave from LA to Paris (spend a few days there to get over the jet lag) then we plan to begin on April 1). Any and all information is helpful. This will be our 50th wedding anniversary gift to each other. 🙏🏽

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It can be cold still and the Napoleon Route may not be open based on weather. I left SJPP on 3/31 this year and ran into snow in Pamplona

Attachments

• DEB246E9-C552-4729-A66A-FCB1538C77B6.jpeg
    DEB246E9-C552-4729-A66A-FCB1538C77B6.jpeg
    531.5 KB · Views: 16
Hello! Happy to have found this site. My husband and I are planning our camino for April 2023. We are researching and reviewing everything we can. We leave from LA to Paris (spend a few days there to get over the jet lag) then we plan to begin on April 1). Any and all information is helpful. This will be our 50th wedding anniversary gift to each other. 🙏🏽
Did the same April 3 2019 and there was some new snow in the mountains so they closed the Napoleon route. But the rest of the Camino was very pleasant and not too cold and not too hot. Might try it again 2023 in April so maybe we meet ;-)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Without a doubt check with the Pilgrim office before your ascent up. If there is any doubt regarding weather please, please walk the Valcarlos route. Enjoy your prolonged anniversary.

I will be 76 and plan to leave SJPP on April 1,2023 via the Valcarlos route. I am walking a SLOW camino and overnighting in Valcarlos. I ran into lots of snow on the 1st 2 legs of the trip and at Cruz de Fero. Take it slow the first 2-3 days!

My husband and I will also try to walk in April 2023. We have canceled twice, both times due to Covid, we are very much hoping that our walk will come to fruition in 2023! I would love to hear how you are preparing. We plan to walk staring in Pamplona. We will fly into either Madrid or Paris. Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I’m hoping to leave Canada April 10 and begin walking on the 13th. This will be my second Camino. I walked the Frances in 2019, leaving St Jean on April 9. I took the Val Carlos route because of reports of snow on the Napolean. Maybe this time I’ll get to go the other way. This is the first time I’ve put my plans into words, and now I’m really getting excited. Especially looking forward to the Meseta. I loved it but there was some awful weather on April 24 when I was passing through (including some freezing rain that turned to snow for a short while). Also looking forward to NOT coming down with whatever intestinal bug I caught just before Carrion de los Condes. I will be more vigilant with the hand sanitizer! Buen Camino everybody!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...
Well, maybe not. My plans are to leave for France on May 4th, stay overnight in Paris, train to St. jean, and begin the Camino! and Thursday I came down with covid. and yes, it did indeed put me...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back