• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Camino Frances today

ranthr

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
Even if Spain is very hot at the moment it has been cold day in Monte de Leon. A day for wool and doublelayer, even had to put on my merinogloves. But to be honest I prefer this to the 40 degrees Lopez is talking about on el tiempo. And the colours are beautiful. Buen camino to all peregrinos!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Walking a part of the Camino Frances these days it is interesting to see the changes since I started my caminoillness 10 years ago.
When I stayed in Rabanal del Camino in 2005 there was one tienda, now there were several. There were a lot of new places to sleep only since I last went past i 2011.
Foncebadon was in 2005 a town of ruins, I guess there was an albergue parrocial, but I am not sure. Nowhere even to buy a cup of coffe. Today there are several albergues, a quite new opened the day I stayed there in 2011, and at least two hostales/habitaciones. El Acebo had a couple of bars and one abuela had a small shop which today is Casa Josefina. I wondered if Josefina was the name of the abuela in the shop who helped me with my bleeding arms and legs after a fall on the way down. Today there are several albergues and hostals.

At the Cruz I noticed as in 2011 that it no longer looked like a bump of garbage, "søppelhaug" as we say in Norwegian.
The years I went past earlier It was a sad sight in my opinion.
And after only a few days on the camino I see that there are more people but less paper, bottles and all the things people leave behind. Is it early in the season or have we become more responsible? I clearly remember the difference after walking from Le Puy in 2009 through a clean France and enterring the Frances and a lot of leftovers everywhere.
The way down from the mountain seemed easier to day, perpaps because it was in the morning and not as on my earlier caminos in late afternoon walking from Rabanal or Foncebadon
Still freezing cold in the mountain, felt like still being in Norway.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Cold in the mountain sounds great to me:)
God tur og Buen camino.

We are off in 3 weeks, not on the Camino, but on the Robert Louis Stevenson trail from Le Puy this year.

... And after only a few days on the camino I see that there are more people but less paper, bottles and all the things people leave behind. Is it early in the season or have we become more responsible? I clearly remember the difference after walking from Le Puy in 2009 through a clean France and enterring the Frances and a lot of leftovers everywhere. ...

I noticed the same thing! I walked the CF first in the winter of 1999 (Holy Year) and last time in 2014, the way and surroundings seemed so much cleaner in 2014 then in 1999 - perhaps we humans are able to learn in the end? Buen Camino! SY

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back