• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances Video: 33 Days in 16 Minutes | September 2019

dwen

David
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2019
Portuguese 2022
Ingles 2023
Happy holidays =) It's been about 3 months since I finished the Camino Frances...and it's only now that I've had the time to truly reflect on what a wonderful experience it was.

What started out as a solo journey ended up with a handful of deep and meaningful connections—I'm so grateful for that.

I only recently found the time to put together a video of my journey and would love to share it if anyone is interested:

#buencamino and Happy 2020!
David

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Happy holidays =) It's been about 3 months since I finished the Camino Frances...and it's only now that I've had the time to truly reflect on what a wonderful experience it was.

What started out as a solo journey ended up with a handful of deep and meaningful connections—I'm so grateful for that.

I only recently found the time to put together a video of my journey and would love to share it if anyone is interested:

David
A great video, congratulations, one of the best 🍀 It was wonderful to remember most of your betautiful views and places. I wish you a buen Camino the next time also, I am sure this will not be the only one. Ultreia🍀

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

David
Loved it and thank you for the memories
Happiest and healthiest of new years.

David

This is one of the best Camino videos I have watched so far as you had so many different views and all the amazing experiences you had along the way all in one video. Thank you so very much for sharing this with us all as I will be walking with my daughter next May 2020 and watching this made my heart swell at the thought of us experiencing this amazing time together. Thank you again CONGRATULATIONS and a Happy New Year for 2020! 🥾

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
you have have succeeded in making a flowing account with no shaky pictures, makes this trip down memory lane worth watching..
Can I ask which equipment you used, the takes are excellent...
So you were there too when the "I´ll push you" team was there ( in the end, on the square)...I spoke to them just when they were loading up to take the 10 wheelchair users on their trip !!

Last edited:
you have have succeeded in making a flowing account with no shaky pictures, makes this trip down memory lane worth watching..
Can I ask which equipment you used, the takes are excellent...
So you were there too when the I´ll push you team was there ( in the end, on the square)...I spoke to them just when they were loading up to take the 10 wheelchair users on their trip !!

Thanks! I used my smartphone (iPhone 7) and edited it with my Ipad using the LumaFusion app.

Yes we were there as well with the I'll Push You crew! It was so inspiring =)

Thank you, David! I'll admit I wasn't prepared for the flood of memories and emotions your video brought back. You captured the CF well, and I'll forward to my friends who are in the thinking about/planning stages of their Caminos.

A quick question re: equipment - did you use a gimbal stabilizer with your phone?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you, David! I'll admit I wasn't prepared for the flood of memories and emotions your video brought back. You captured the CF well, and I'll forward to my friends who are in the thinking about/planning stages of their Caminos.

A quick question re: equipment - did you use a gimbal stabilizer with your phone?

Thanks so much =) I did not use a gimbal stabilizer, but the video stabilization in smartphones nowadays is pretty top-notch. I used an iPhone 7 and 2 hands. I also brought my Sony A7iii but didn't end up using it at all for video. There's so much you can do with smartphones nowadays!

Loved the video, it was a good reminder of what I did last year, and now I'm itching for May 2020 to arrive to get started on the next stretch of the CF 👣🚶‍♀️:cool:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for sharing this. You made me happy and I remembered my Camino.

David
I also walked in September 2019. I so enjoyed your video. It was a pleasure to see everything as it was during the time of my camino. Thank you.

What an outstandingly-good video! It really captures the essence of the Camino Frances experience and brought back many memories of this sublimely-satisfying walk. Thank you very much for putting the effort into making it and sharing it with us.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very nice video that brought back a lot of wonderful memories of my Camino experiences. I cant wait to go again

Thanks for sharing, a really great well made video which brought back many memories and I'm surprised I recognized so much after more than 30yrs.
But Wow! so many pilgrims on the route now. I knew it was busy but I was shocked to see so many, is this normal or were you traveling with a large group, or just a particularly busy time? And the size of those backpacks, why is everyone carrying so much ?

Really enjoyed watching the video! Thank you for putting it together. While I am not doing the 500 this time, I will be considering it in a couple of years. For now, the 100!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

David
An absolutely brilliant production that evoked so many memories of my Camino at the end of 2018. Now, more than ever, I want to return and do it again! Thank you so much for sharing your pilgrimage with all of us and keep up the great work.

(Above reply is not from me, seeming to appear when I click preview and unable to remove it?)

Thank so much for this beautifully crafted video with lovely soundtrack! It brings back fond memories of my Camino spring of 2015 – especially a couple of small stone bridges I recall were built by Romans in their day… Bien Camino!

David Bybee Barberton, Washington, USA

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for sharing, a really great well made video which brought back many memories and I'm surprised I recognized so much after more than 30yrs.
But Wow! so many pilgrims on the route now. I knew it was busy but I was shocked to see so many, is this normal or were you traveling with a large group, or just a particularly busy time? And the size of those backpacks, why is everyone carrying so much ?

Wow more than 30 years. I can imagine how much has changed...especially with the internet and social medi and media popularizing it. I arrived alone in St. Jean and met a bunch of people on the way who I eventually walked with till Santiago. But September is quite busy, especially in St. Jean. And it got really busy starting in Sarria.

Haha the size of the backpacks! Yeah I definitely know quite a few people who had to throw away things as they realized they didn't need all that!

David,

I've watched it a few more times since my earlier comment, and your video has become my go-to for sharing with others about what Camino is like.

It appears that many others have caught on as well ... 131,000+ views in less than a month is quite a feat and testimonial that you did a great job with the video. Congrats!

Thank you for this inspirational video. I loved how you conveyed the true sense of togetherness and friendship that epitomises the Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just watched this video again myself. Oh, I so wanted to go! Had the trip paid for and collected supplies over many months and would have gone in May but then we know what happened. I do not know now if I will be able to go. Not for some time at least. I will not go as long as there are mask wearing and other restrictions in place; all that needs to be gone and resolved. I dreamed of the Camino....

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back