• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Camino Frances

dgallen

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (6), Primitivo(3), Finisterre/Muxia (3), Aragones, Norte, Portuguese, Camino del Rey
Arrived at London Heathrow from Canada this morning to snow and minus 4. I had a delayed flight onward to Bilbao where it was 17 and sunny at noon... Go figure that the Norte is notorious for cold wet spring and it probably has the best weather in Europe right now.

Arrived to Pamplona at 6pm in light drizzle and ten degrees, and walked from the bus station to Cizur Menor. I had emailed Camino legend Meribel Roncal a few weeks ago and she said her albergue would be open on March 1st. I arrived in the dusk to a locked gate,but a ring of the bell and there she was.

I've got the albergue to myself and as I write this the rain is pounding on the roof (something comforting about that). I ventured out to try and get something to eat, but the bars and restaurants we're either close or weren't serving yet (8pm). WiFi not working yet, but hot water is hot, sheets are clean, and heat is turned on.

Expecting some good mud heading toward Puente La Reina tomorrow.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Arrived at London Heathrow from Canada this morning to snow and minus 4. I had a delayed flight onward to Bilbao where it was 17 and sunny at noon... Go figure that the Norte is notorious for cold wet spring and it probably has the best weather in Europe right now.

Arrived to Pamplona at 6pm in light drizzle and ten degrees, and walked from the bus station to Cizur Menor. I had emailed Camino legend Meribel Roncal a few weeks ago and she said her albergue would be open on March 1st. I arrived in the dusk to a locked gate,but a ring of the bell and there she was.

I've got the albergue to myself and as I write this the rain is pounding on the roof (something comforting about that). I ventured out to try and get something to eat, but the bars and restaurants we're either close or weren't serving yet (8pm). WiFi not working yet, but hot water is hot, sheets are clean, and heat is turned on.

Lucky man, to have managed to make the final flight to Bilbao today. So, this is a fine start to your Camino. I heard weather is due to improve in Navarra. Enjoy, and buen camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Hi. I’m very grateful for your post. I will be starting my Camino from SJPdP on 18 March and was a little concerned after seeing those weather reports on UK and Europe. I don’t mind the rain but have a natural aversion to walking in snow. All the best for your journey.
Bush Camino
Wayne Singleton

I’m a Canadian from Ottawa in El Norte (just finished day 2 now in Zarautz) I’ve been blessed so far weather-wise. Buen Camino. I enjoyed Meribel stayed there w two others last year early March.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.