Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Camino from A Coruna, 1st of May

KateBanshee

Past OR future Camino
porto-santiago 2013
Hi,
Wondering if anyone will be on the road from A Coruna on the 1st/2nd of May? I have done two caminos before but now going just for a short one on my own and will feel more comfortable knowing there are other pilgrims walking.

Kat

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

peb

Past OR future Camino
C. Ingles March 2018
Suggest you think about taking walking boots, rather than walking shoes or cross trainers. The path is very muddy in places due to the spring rain.

When I walked the Ferrol path earlier this month, I saw one or two people per day (the La Coruna path is less used than the Ferrol path). I did not feel unsafe. The main disadvantage is that where there was confusion on route, I could not see other people ahead of me and that would guide my choice.

NualaOC

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
A few and hopefully lots more. See signature.
Hi @KateBanshee, I walked this route a couple of years ago. I didn't meet any other pilgrims between A Coruña and Bruma, but things got busier after that. To be honest, I really enjoyed that quiet first day.

Watch carefully for the arrows, especially when leaving A Coruña. I got very lost - my own fault for not paying attention!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads