• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino from Lisbon

Martin_cz

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello all!
I'm total newbie in Camino world, but as there's current situation and me without job and specific place to live. I've made my mind about fulfilling dream about long distance walk.
I've spent winter in Canarias and recently relocated to Lisbon to wait till I can start walking to Santiago. General plan is to reach santiago and then go home as far as current situation allows. Which should be reverse Frances and maybe more... Up until my beloved Prague.

I ve happily waited in Lisbon for two weeks until Portugal reopens. My feet now are getting itchy with wish to start walking.
I've ninja.app, wise pilgrim and Lusitana and I'm about to call albergues on Monday to check how is the situation.
As I'm not speaking (yet) Portugese, I'm asking here too to get info about situation.

Is here anyone with currently fresh info about albergues?
My concern is the start most of albergues till porto seems closed and I'm probably looking for assurance that it's not lost yet :) I'm ready for journey but some solid info for start would be appreciated!

Many thanks!

PS. I understand current Covid situation and I'm on way for some time already. I want to respect rules and I am generally aware and respectful about risks and rules I'm about to take.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My guess is that the municipal albergues will still be closed, as they were closed last September and the situation is worse now than then (although much better than it was in Jan). This is my live thread from last September with alternative options.

My guess is that the municipal albergues will still be closed, as they were closed last September and the situation is worse now than then (although much better than it was in Jan). This is my live thread from last September with alternative options.
Your camino was pretty hot!!! Oh my, I would melt down on that first day, hats off!
Thank you for your report I'll study it :)
(I had some assumptions that now it's better situation than before, but I'll take correction of that from your info)

I'll call few albergues and try to ask if there's some foreseeable change (maybe on 3rd as next reopening)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You may find this thread by a Buddhist monk interesting. He is currently walking the Camino Portugues to Santiago and then intends to walk the Frances in reverse and head off in much the same direction you are intending. He seems to have just sweet talked the authorities to let him into Spain from Portugal. He can be a scout for you, although his mendicant ways may result in him staying in different accommodations.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back