• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino from Orihuela to Caravaca de la Cruz

Ian @ Camino Ramblings

Camino Rambler - CaminoRamblings.com
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés-Sept '23
Tall Ship Ingles-June 24
Hello All - hope winter has been kind to you.

I would be very grateful if someone could provide me with any details of this route. I cannot find any guidebooks or Maps .
The confusing issue is it is called “a 120k part of the Camino de Levante”in what little information I can see. In my mind, the Camino de Levant starts in Valencia - nowhere near Alicante, or Orihuela .
See the below link for example.
What ever happens - I am doing this short Camino on April 8th it’d be good to know what’s out there before I do .
Many thanks
Ian

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Simply entering "Caravaca de la Cruz" into the Search box will get you started - here are the results - although you still need to wade through results that are not what you want. Among those results is this short thread, which gives a link to a site to 10 Caminos de la Vera Cruz. The 10th one on the list is simply called "Camino de Levante" - logical because it is also part of the longer Camino de Levante. There is some information (in Spanish) but the website does not seem to be updated recently.

Another thread that gives some background on Caravaca de la Cruz as a Holy City is this older one which also has a video about the walk.

I hope that will give you some leads for more information. It would be great if you would post here on the forum about the walk you do in April. We could use an update!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back