• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino from Valenca/Tui with kids

Kamillo

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese, September 2019
Hello pilgrims.
We are starting camino with our 3 small kids (4y, 2y & 1y), two quick questions:
- Is this path sutable for stroller/baby push chair?
- Is it possible to find private accomodation along this way? We do not want to bother other pilgrims in shared rooms

Thank you!
Kamil

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello pilgrims.
We are starting camino with our 3 small kids (4y, 2y & 1y), two quick questions:
- Is it possible to find private accomodation along this way? We do not want to bother other pilgrims in shared rooms

Thank you!
Kamil

most of it is, there are a couple sections which may be difficult for a standard stroller: Pontesampaio to Pontevedra and Caldas to Valga, and even these only present a few kilometres not stroller friendly.
lots of private accommodation in all the towns, programme your stages accordingly and book in advance.
good luck and Buen CAmino!

Plenty of private accommodation, you should not have a problem there. One or two sections may be hard with the stroller, but I can't remember any that would be impossible. And the stroller may come handy on some flat, paved areas.

Bom caminho!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hello pilgrims.

Thank you!
Kamil

Hi Kamil,

I made the "Camino" twice with my son. In the first year he was 1 year and in the second 2 years :)

In the first year we made the central path and he was in a backpack. The "Camino" is quite regular although in some places a car with big wheels is recommended to surpass some rugged terrain.

In the beginning we stayed in official Albergues, but after the first nights we opted for private accommodation to get a better rest. The rest between steps and with children is very important.

You will start when and where.

If you need more information or help send message.

Bom Caminho

Ricardo

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back