• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Get-Together Hike in Southern California July 26, 2015

Bohemiana

Time of past OR future Camino
First Camino will be April 2015
My husband and I have a bad case of the post-Camino blues! We finished our first Camino about three weeks ago and we miss the camaraderie of people with a like experience. So, we are starting a Post-Camino Support Group! People who have not yet done the Camino are welcome, too!

Our first get-together will be Sunday, July 26 for a 9.5-mile hike at Crystal Cove State Park in Laguna Beach, CA. Meeting time will be 10:00 a.m. in the parking lot at the Visitor Center. (Parking fee $15) Bring a packed lunch and we will eat over looking the beautiful Pacific Ocean. After the hike, those who want to continue with tradition can head to a nearby bar.

We live in Long Beach, so if this walk is successful we can do the next one in L.A. County. I mean, we all traveled all the way to Spain to walk the Camino, hopefully enough of us are willing to drive an hour or two to meet up with fellow Peregrinos to share stories and such.

Anybody interested??

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
My husband and I have a bad case of the post-Camino blues! We finished our first Camino about three weeks ago and we miss the camaraderie of people with a like experience. So, we are starting a Post-Camino Support Group! People who have not yet done the Camino are welcome, too!...We live in Long Beach, so if this walk is successful we can do the next one in L.A. County. I mean, we all traveled all the way to Spain to walk the Camino, hopefully enough of us are willing to drive an hour or two to meet up with fellow Peregrinos to share stories and such.

Anybody interested??
I will be on the Camino July 26, but when I get home I'd love to join in for a later walk. I live in the South Bay.
FYI, the SoCal AmericanPilgrims are doing a 12 mi walk on July 25 starting in Lake Forest.
Buen Camino!

My husband and I have a bad case of the post-Camino blues! We finished our first Camino about three weeks ago and we miss the camaraderie of people with a like experience. So, we are starting a Post-Camino Support Group! People who have not yet done the Camino are welcome, too!

Our first get-together will be Sunday, July 26 for a 9.5-mile hike at Crystal Cove State Park in Newport Beach, CA. Meeting time will be 10:00 a.m. in the parking lot at the Visitor Center. (Parking fee $15) Bring a packed lunch and we will eat over looking the beautiful Pacific Ocean. After the hike, those who want to continue with tradition can head to a nearby bar.

We live in Long Beach, so if this walk is successful we can do the next one in L.A. County. I mean, we all traveled all the way to Spain to walk the Camino, hopefully enough of us are willing to drive an hour or two to meet up with fellow Peregrinos to share stories and such.

Anybody interested??
I looked at the Southern California Chapter of the American Pilgrims on the Camino's agenda of upcoming events http://americanpilgrims.com/about/local_southern_california.html and see a couple of walks scheduled for July and August. If you're not a member of APOC then you might want to check it out. I belong to the Colorado Front Range Chapter, and we schedule hikes, info sessions, and other get-togethers throughout the year. It's a great way to stay actively involved with past and future pilgrims in your general area.
Jim

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Someone messaged me with the info since I posted and I joined the So Cal Chapter. We plan on doing the group's August hike. Unfortunately, my husband and I work a lot of weekend days so we are just planning other days that fit our schedule and maybe others can come, too.

My father and are I are doing the camino this year leaving 9/27. Would love to join up with veteran peregrinos for a hike and a beverage!

Just a reminder...We are having a "non-official" Camino walk this Sunday (July 26) starting at 10:00 a.m. at Crystal Cove State Park in Laguna Beach. We will be there at 9:45 a.m. and start at 10. It's a loop about 10 miles in total and has some big hills but awesome ocean views. Look for my husband, Bob Schneider, with his Yellow Arrow sign near the ranger office in the parking lot. Parking is $15 per car, I think cash only. Please post or send me a message if you are planning to join us!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back