A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Camino guide for purchase in Oviedo?

2020 Camino Guides

Heartsong Willow

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria - Santiago (2014), Tui - Santiago (2018), Primitivo (Sept 2019)
Sooooooo, I sorta forgot to order my Wise Pilgrim Camino Primitivo guide in a timely fashion and am going to have to pay more than the book to DHL in 3 days. Any chance the book is sold in the local stores in Oviedo?

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'Portuguese,Frances,Norte,Salvador/primitivo,Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, VDLP spring19
Sooooooo, I sorta forgot to order my Wise Pilgrim Camino Primitivo guide in a timely fashion and am going to have to pay more than the book to DHL in 3 days. Any chance the book is sold in the local stores in Oviedo?
You can get the Wise Pilgrim app on your phone.
The cost is so minimal -
Annie

Heartsong Willow

Camino(s) past & future
Ah, yes, thx Annie - forgot to mention I am old school and will be phone free. I’ll likely bring my IPad but not too handy to lug it in and out of pack to check in on route. Paper copy will work best.

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Again, soon as possible!
In 2015 I bought a Primitivo guide from the cathedral bookshop, the only one they had. It was a tiny little red book. It was really out of date and many of the names of villages along the route were wrong! It worked well enough though, I used it the next year too. You could check there and see if they now sell an up to date guide.

Davey

Heartsong Willow

Camino(s) past & future
Well, I just bit the shipping cost and ordered it and hope DHL’s 2-3 business days applies to us rural folks. If not, well, I’ll just follow the shells and other peregrinos and look for a book in Oviedo. Thx !

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'Portuguese,Frances,Norte,Salvador/primitivo,Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, VDLP spring19
There are other guide books too for the Norte.
I did have a hard one in 2014- however the markings are easy to follow. At this time (September) there will be plenty of others around. Good luck with your order but you will be ok.
Annie

Heartsong Willow

Camino(s) past & future
I ordered it so hoepfull it will arrive on Fri. Feeling pretty relaxed about it so will just lug out the ole IPad with the downloaded Wise Pilgrim when needed.
Thx so much for the tip!

Heartsong Willow

Camino(s) past & future
Good to know, @Elle Bieling! I just might do that. The maps and all will print?
I REALLY enjoyed the ebook and hope others will take a look at it. Your willingness to share your trials and triumphs, the descriptions of the natural beauty, the deep spiritual experience available to those who are seeking such, and establishing a connection to the long history and pilgrimages of those who have walked those same roads was indeed inspiring. Chink and cheers!

Last edited:

Elle Bieling

Elle Bieling, PilgrimageTraveler
Camino(s) past & future
Inglés, '14 '17 Finisterre, '14 '17 '18 Primitivo, '15 '18 Portuguese, '17, '18 San Salvador, '18
Good to know, @Elle Bieling! I just might do that. The maps and all will print?
I REALLY enjoyed the ebook and hope others will take a look at it. Your willingness to share your trials and triumphs, the descriptions of the natural beauty, the deep spiritual experience available to those who are seeking such, and establishing a connection to the long history and pilgrimages of those who have walked those same roads was indeed inspiring. Chink and cheers!
The maps in the eBook are very basic, and yes they and "all" will print. We never had any issue with following arrows and waymarks. I know you aren't using electronics, but usually I advise downloading the GPS tracks if one is worried about not getting lost. It happens at times to the best of us.
Thank-you so much for your nice comments and chink and cheers back at you! Buen Camino!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 168 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 270 24.1%