Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino guide for purchase in Oviedo?

Heartsong Willow

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria - Santiago (2014), Tui - Santiago (2018), Primitivo (Sept 2019)
Sooooooo, I sorta forgot to order my Wise Pilgrim Camino Primitivo guide in a timely fashion and am going to have to pay more than the book to DHL in 3 days. Any chance the book is sold in the local stores in Oviedo?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sooooooo, I sorta forgot to order my Wise Pilgrim Camino Primitivo guide in a timely fashion and am going to have to pay more than the book to DHL in 3 days. Any chance the book is sold in the local stores in Oviedo?
You can get the Wise Pilgrim app on your phone.
The cost is so minimal -
Annie

Ah, yes, thx Annie - forgot to mention I am old school and will be phone free. I’ll likely bring my IPad but not too handy to lug it in and out of pack to check in on route. Paper copy will work best.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
In 2015 I bought a Primitivo guide from the cathedral bookshop, the only one they had. It was a tiny little red book. It was really out of date and many of the names of villages along the route were wrong! It worked well enough though, I used it the next year too. You could check there and see if they now sell an up to date guide.

Davey

Well, I just bit the shipping cost and ordered it and hope DHL’s 2-3 business days applies to us rural folks. If not, well, I’ll just follow the shells and other peregrinos and look for a book in Oviedo. Thx !

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I ordered it so hoepfull it will arrive on Fri. Feeling pretty relaxed about it so will just lug out the ole IPad with the downloaded Wise Pilgrim when needed.
Thx so much for the tip!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good to know, @Elle Bieling! I just might do that. The maps and all will print?
I REALLY enjoyed the ebook and hope others will take a look at it. Your willingness to share your trials and triumphs, the descriptions of the natural beauty, the deep spiritual experience available to those who are seeking such, and establishing a connection to the long history and pilgrimages of those who have walked those same roads was indeed inspiring. Chink and cheers!

Last edited:
Good to know, @Elle Bieling! I just might do that. The maps and all will print?
I REALLY enjoyed the ebook and hope others will take a look at it. Your willingness to share your trials and triumphs, the descriptions of the natural beauty, the deep spiritual experience available to those who are seeking such, and establishing a connection to the long history and pilgrimages of those who have walked those same roads was indeed inspiring. Chink and cheers!
The maps in the eBook are very basic, and yes they and "all" will print. We never had any issue with following arrows and waymarks. I know you aren't using electronics, but usually I advise downloading the GPS tracks if one is worried about not getting lost. It happens at times to the best of us.
Thank-you so much for your nice comments and chink and cheers back at you! Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back