• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino in France

papajohn

I am thinking of walking some of the camino between Le Puy and SJPDP. I have only 2 weeks total which means about 10 days walking. Does anyone have a recommendation as to what part or parts to walk. How crowded is this route in late Sept.? Also, transportation to/from Paris? Thanks and ultreya John

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Paris to St Jean

I think only Air France flies between Biarritz and Paris.

I'm not sure about getting to Le Puy from Paris (train?), but from SJPdP, you can take the train to Biarritz, then Air France to Charles de Gaulle or Orly. If you're flexible, you can get the $71 US +tax fare, but be careful to get the flight going to Charles De Gaulle (CDG) & not Orly (ORY) unless you are spending the night in Paris before you fly back to the States.

dg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Paris to LePuy

We are going to LePuy from Paris on May 2. It's quite easy by train and I found the advice about how to do it somewhere on this site - I booked our tickets on the SCNF website -

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_Sv ... HomepageUK

and it was very easy - they arrived in the UK by post very quickly after I booked them online. You have to ask for them to be posted to you on the site. I think you still have to 'cancel' them somehow on the platform before you get on the train though.

You take the TGV first and then have to change onto a more local line for Le Puy. We are catching the one o'clock train from Paris - changing at St. Etienne and catching a train fro Le Puy there at 15.57 - arriving in Le Puy at 17.17 if all goes well. Some of the trains go to Lyon and you change there - but this one was the best changeover for our times.

A TIP - you need to specify "Le Puy En Velay" cos there are lots of Le Puys in France.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back