• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino in Poland

julia-t

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2015-17
Kumano Kodo March 2018
Camino Portuguese Valenca-SdC April 2018
I was in Poland last week (and on day 3 of self isolation now).
There’s no escaping the Camino, in Kraków there’s a marker at 4,184km to Santiago de Compostela.
And in Warsaw I spotted a Camino sticker on a lamp post in the Old Town. (edit - I think it might be a drainpipe actually!)

I think I’m being called back...

Attachments

• CF7171D3-74D4-4E7E-98FF-156604E4F9F0.jpeg
    CF7171D3-74D4-4E7E-98FF-156604E4F9F0.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 74
  • FA27329D-1E5F-4794-BE9E-7627E6B8F407.jpeg
    FA27329D-1E5F-4794-BE9E-7627E6B8F407.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
these signs / markers seem quite recent and I wanted to deepen the reason why they are on Polish soil, recalling that the Council of Europe had launched "The Cultural Routes program" (in fact) in Europe.
The launch was "inaugurated" in 1987, with the certification (probably backwards) of the "Camino de Santiago".
Subsequently, to further consolidate this proposal, an enlarged Partial Agreement (EPA) on Cultural Routes was formalized in 2010, to give the guidelines and strategy of the program and better determine the criteria for obtaining certification of "Cultural Route of the Council of Europe".
Then other itineraries have been added over the years:
The Hansa 1991,
The Routes of the Vikings 1993,
The Via Francigena 1994,
The Heritage Routes Al-Andalus 1994,
The European ways of Mozart 2002,
The Phoenicians' Route 2003,
and also
the European Itinerary of cemeteries 2010 (new for me )
and many others ....
There are criteria for a cultural itinerary to be certified, including: referring to a theme representative of European values and shared by at least three countries part of the Council of Europe and members of the EPA. Poland joined as a member in 2017.

I assume that the above "traces" are around this year

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Today I arrived in one of my favourite cities in Italy, Palermo, ready to start a solo walk across Sicily on the Magna Via Francigena tomorrow! It’s a ~185km trail from Palermo to Agrigento that I...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/04/22/italy-tourists-cinque-terre-one-way-hiking-trails/
Good morning. After having walked, 3 (Frances, VdlP, CP and Fisterra) Camino to Santiago, we thought that this year we should ‘experience’ another Way. So in a few short days we fly off to Italy...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.