• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino in September

slometa

Hi,
I will do camino from 10.8. until 10.9. I guess the weather in beginning of September is still warm, so I will not need to bring autumn clothes? How is usually in this time?
Thank you! I'm looking forward to doing it!
Lana

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Lana,

I've walked the Camino in September and found that a light fleece was enough to keep warm. Although it can get a bit chilly, and sometimes wet, in the morning in Galicia so a light water proof would be advisable, as well as a water proof rucksack cover.

I hope you enjoy your walk

Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I walked this past September into October and there were mornings when it was quite cold. Dress in layers and you will be fine. Strip them off as the day warms up. It also depends on how cold you get. There were several afternoons when I could hardly wait to get into a warm shower to warm up. Be prepared for rain and blowing wind in Galicia!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I walked from 23 August to end of September.
You are leaving quite early in August and it will still be HOT - and very crowded as the European Schools, colleges and many businesses are on holiday then.
I only took a silk sleeping bag liner and it was quite sufficient. If it was cold, I asked for a blanket.

Hi Lana...and Welcome to the Forum!

As you can readily see, there are many folks on the Forum that will provide you valuable information and recommendations to make Your Camino an adventure.

There is a raft of info on the Forum. May I suggest you check the following:

1. The Pilgrim FAQ at the top right of the page.
2. The Class of 2010 to see whom else may be walking the Way at the same time
3. The Camino Calendar at the bottom of the page will also show whom is walking, from where and it also lists key events along the Way.
4. There's also a "search" capability at the top right. You can enter a keyword, such as: "food", "refuge Leon" and it will search the Forum and return links.
5. Another great resource is:

http://www.mundicamino.com/

Hope that helps,

Buen Camino,
Arn

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Higher elevations can get cold even in September, so take clothes that you can layer. Walking will keep you warm, but you also have to survive the evening! Albergues have blankets, so a light sleeping bag/sack will be sufficient. Gloves are handy in the morning cool air, but you can use your socks for hand warmth. It can rain any month, particularly in Galicia.

If you are really cold, you can often get blankets at the alberques but beware, they are often not all that clean and can be havens for bedbugs. I did not carry a sleeping bag. I carried a silk sleeping sack and made a 200 wt. polarfleece "blanket" for when I was cold--about the size of a throw. The combo was lighter than a sleeping bag and gave me flexibility as I could also use the rolled up blanket as support for my legs when they were sore.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back