• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Inglés – New Guide

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Camino Inglés – New Guide

Thanks to Forum members who have been user testing the new guide. Really helpful comments have been made and added. The CSJ are currently looking at how best to make this available to pilgrims. If anyone needs further information get in touch.

A Coruña arm of Camino Inglés

This section of the guide will shortly be finished. I’m interested in finding someone planning to walk from A Coruña to at least Hospital de Bruma/Meson do Vento (31k) to user test this section of the guide. Your help would be much appreciated. Please get in touch.

Best wishes

John

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ah - I received the Camino Ingles Guide from the CSJ in the post last week.
I presume that we will be able to download updates from the website?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you John - you are a star! I know that I ordered the guide too early (we are only going to walk in July next year) but I didn't have the Camino Ingles guide and know that they are not updated annually anyway. I'll check my gmail account for your update.
Muchisimas gracias!

Camino Inglés – New Guide is available on line

Friends

The new Guide is now on line at the Confraternity of St James' website:

http://www.csj.org.uk/product-category/guides/
[Link edited by Ivar]

There are also instructions on how to print the Guide.

Check it out!

Huge thanks to all of those who tested it, made editing suggestions and sent me very helpful comments.

For anyone walking the route from A Coruna I'd be grateful for any information on the Church of Santiago de Sigras. If leaving from Ferrol I'd be grateful for any information on the church of San Julian de Poulo which is (visible?) from the route near Calle de Poulo.

The guide now belongs to pilgrims - let's keep it up to date!

Buen Camino

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi - this is Confraternity of St James webmaster following up Johnnie Walker's announcement that the new edition of our Camino Inglés Guide is now available on-line.

This is the first of our Guides that we have handled this way, and it's something of an experiment: we have put it up in .pdf format, and it's designed to be printed double-sided, then folded to make an A5 booklet. We've tried to make the instructions for downloading, printing, and making a donativo to the CSJ in return as simple as possible, but we'd like you all to have a look at it, try it out, and let us know if you have any difficulty: please contact me via web@csj.org.uk

Any comments on or corrections to the Guide itself should go to Johnnie.

Howard Nelson

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank You Johnnie.

All downloaded and printed accurately without a single hitch. And that's saying something for me, because I usually get screaming mad at the PC or printer at some point. And I was knitting a cat's tail during the process! (No, not WITH a cat's tail; with two different blue yarns; it's a striped cat)

Actually, there was a hitch. I have made the tail too long because I wasn't concentrating on it.

Now to read and enjoy and plan for March 2009.

My only comment about the process is the donativo system. On the CSJ site you are asked for a membership number if you are making a donativo. I am a member, so no problem (once we'd remembered that the number is written in our credentials - haven't got a clue where (if) we put a record of it when we joined!!). Might that put off non-members who download it from making a donation?

Thanks Bridget and Peter, we live and learn!

I just looked at this - entering a membership number isn't obligatory to make a donation but I agree the fact that the box is there may be confusing. I'm sure Howard the webmaster will look at this.

Happy planning.

Regards

John

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello again and many thanks to Bridget and Peter and to Sagalouts for encouraging feedback, reassuring us that the .pdf version of the Camino Inglés Guide is reasonably straightforward to print and turn into the intended A5 booklet.

Also for the point about the request for a membership number, which is only there for people renewing their membership (our on-line membership renewal uses the same system). I've added a line to the instructions telling people that they can ignore the box. I'm glad you pointed this out!

Howard

I mentioned to John that I reduced the first guide he gave us in September to a text only, 16 page version by deleting the photographs and 'pulling' it together a bit. This can be reduced by half and printed as an A5 booklet on 4 pages.

Ooops! I thought the earlier version was available to all but it is not so I have removed the link to the word document.

We have now put Johnnie Walker's Camino Inglés 2009 Guide up in Word format as well as .pdf. If you want a version of the Guide which prints and folds to form a ready-made A5 booklet, download the .pdf version. If you want to create your own version, formatting it how you like, download the .doc version. All instructions and linls are at http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm

Howard
CSJ Webmaster

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The links to the online guides have changed. The full list of online CSJ guides is now at http://www.csj.org.uk/planning-your-pilgrimage/csj-guides-and-updates/ . Scroll down for the link to guide to the Inglés. The paper guides are found through the shop. (Thanks to Ivar for editing that broken link) Hopefully CSJ will put a link there to the on-line guides too.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back