• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles 15th July - Suggestions Please

Balian

Hi All,
Flights are booked to arrive in Santiago on 15th July returning on 22nd July.

I would like suggestions for hostels/alburgue/hotels/pensions to stay en route.

As I have given myself an extra day I am considering splitting the Betanzos to Hospital de Burma stage, would anyone recommend this?

From recommendations on the forum I believe I will stay in Hotel Suizo in Ferrol and would like to try the O Meson Novo pension that has been mentioned, though unsure of which of the stops that is at exactly.

Thanks in advance for any help :D

• Date From To Km Staying
    • 15th July Home to Santiago Ferrol Hotel Suizo
    • 16th July Ferrol Pontedeume 25
    • 17th July Pontedeume Betanzos 20
    • 18th July Betanzos Hospital de Bruma 29
    • 19th July Hospital de Bruma Sigueiro 24
    • 20th July Sigueiro Santiago 16
    • 21st July Santiago Santiago
    • 22nd July Santiago Home

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I would like suggestions for hostels/alburgue/hotels/pensions to stay en route.
In each stop there is very little choice! Pick your distance and settle for whatever is there. I found all of them at least decent. At Neda you have to walk a bit to the supermarket; none of the food places looked particularly inviting, so we self-catered. We had to call for the key to the albergue.

O Meson Novo is at Meson do Vento, just a kilometre or two from the albergue at Bruma (and slightly off route), so it's your choice which you stay at. I've only stayed at O Novo and would highly recommend it. As Falcon says, there isn't really much choice unless you want to research nice casa rurals a bit off route and taxi to and from them each day.

I added an extra stop by the beach at Mino because I had a stomach bug. The hotel there was fine but a bit on the pricey side, from what I remember.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Bad reports of the albergue in Pontedeume - dirty. There are other options - check when you get there.
Forgive brief comment - just writing up my diary of Camino Ingles, completed ten days ago....
Buen camino!

The best way to get extra information for accomodation, as well as directions for the route etc would be to download Johnnie Walker's guide to the Camino Inglés - donativo. Check out the resources section for the link.
Personally we stayed at Meson Novo and can also recommend the albergue in Mino.

The albergue in Pontedeume was closed and no one answered the phone that was listed, so I stayed at
http://www.hoteleumesa.es/
for about 33E for a single. It was an excellent accommodation for the price.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Looking forward to new info as it comes in since I will be there the first week in Oct. I am interested in the bit of challenge of less people, and finding new spots to stay for the night. Buen Camino !

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Together with friends I walked Camino Ingles three weekend ago. This is where we stayed:
Ferrol: Hotel Suizo. Nice place, helpful staff and a very good breakfast.
Neda: Hostal Maragoto: Small, but ok rooms. Nice people, good food.
Pontedeume: Hostal Allegue: Nice rooms, no Menu del Dia, but raciones. The host was very distressed in the morning when he ran out of butter, he ran around the plaza trying to get some, but in vain.. We managed without:)
Betanzos: Hotel Palacete. Nice rooms and helpful staff, but a lousy breakfast, one toast each and luke warm coffee, and it cost 5 Euros..
Bruma: O Meson Novo. Two km off the Camino, but the nicest place of all! Lovely people, nice rooms, good food.
Sigueiro: Hostal Miras: Simple rooms, but friendly people and ok food.
Santiago: San Martin Pinario, near the cathedral. Basis rooms, but good food.
Hope this might help! And Buen Camino:))

Last edited:
Correction: ..three weeks ago..
..basic rooms..
I hate it when I discover mistakes:))

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you so much, OzAnnie! Yes, it worked, god is now good:))

I can't get a room in O Meson Novo on the 18th, only 19th so if I want to stay there I would need to split one of the stages.

Is there anywhere to stay half way on the Betanzos to Bruma route?

Seems this gets rated most difficult so best to split.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I can't get a room in O Meson Novo on the 18th, only 19th so if I want to stay there I would need to split one of the stages.

Is there anywhere to stay half way on the Betanzos to Bruma route?

Seems this gets rated most difficult so best to split.
Just oposite O Meson Novo is a big hotel. Try there. Look at camino ingles/ blogs at my story. 4 weeks ago we walked from Ferrol to Santiago

Buen camino. albertinho

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Bar/ Hostal Luis in Pontedeume is brilliant for 20 €, breakfast included. Lovely owners and very decent menu del dia!!!

Hi, can you tell me if you were able to book Bar Luis before you arrived?

I am unable to see any option on their website to book.

Thanks Tia, I have now downloaded the guide and saved for reference, will def a lot of use, very helpful.
The guide is very good, yes. Also if you find any diversions, extra bars, closed bars etc - real changes not just temporary - you can PM or e-mail Johnny and he will check things out for future updates. You can also e-mail updates to CSJ (UK) - which is true for any of their guides - as they have an online update page for most of the Caminos.
Have a great Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I didn't know Bar Luis had rooms and I know it is not always open! I have heard that the next bar at the top of the hill before Bruma (off to the left signposted as 100 metres but more like 200) is closed. I walked Betzanos to Bruma in September 2012. It was over 30 degrees and tiring but doable if reasonably fit. I stayed at the albergue. Wonderful, friendly hospitaleros and a nice, peaceful albergue. No food but they will ring out to get a menu delivered. I think the food comes from O Meson, but I am not sure. Buen Camino

That specific bar is indeed permanently closed . People retired

Sabine, are you referring to Bar Luis? Wow, I thought it was such a permanent fixture on the Camino Ingles that the owners would just pass it down to the next generation or sell it rather than just shutting it. I remember how good it felt to warm up in there after a lot of rain on the way in, sorry to hear about the closing. Buen camino, Laurie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the help, almost sorted just Siguiero and Santiago to go.

List of places I will be staying are below and I will post of review of all on my return.

I am splitting the Bruma route to do it in two stages.

Ferrol:- Hotel Suizo
Pontedeume:- Bar Luis
Betanzos:- Alburgue
Bruma:- Hotel Canaima
Bruma:- O Meson Novo
Sigueiro:-?
Santiago:-?

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the help, almost sorted just Siguiero and Santiagi to go.

List of places I will be staying are below and I will post of review of all on my return.

I am splitting the Bruma route to do it in two stages.

Ferrol:- Hotel Suizo
Pontedeume:- Bar Luis
Betanzos:- Alburgue
Bruma:- Hotel Canaima
Bruma:- O Meson Novo
Sigueiro:-?
Santiago:-?

Hi, Balian, You know the albergue in Hospital de Bruma is quite nice -- but I guess you are staying in Meson Novo so that you can split the stage and get a ride out and back to break it up. http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-de-peregrinos-de-bruma

there is now a private albergue in Sigueiro: http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-o-fogar-da-chisca It just opened recently.

And in Santiago, I've got several suggestions -- if you want an albergue, The Last Stamp gets high reviews. Great location.
If you want a simple private room with bath and clean sheets, Hospedaria San Martin Pinario has singles for 23 and doubles for 35, but you cannot book those rooms (their "albergue rooms") online, you have to call or write an email.
If you want a real hotel, my favorite is Hotel Costa Vella, reasonably priced, with a beautiful outdoor garden for breakfast and drinks.

Buen camino, Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sorry for my mixed messages this afternoon. New smartphone and I' m not used to it ( obviously ) ;). Talking about lodgings in Santiago. I can absolutely recommend pension Hortas to everyone! Location location , friendly owners. 200 metres from Parador but with 30 Euros for a single ensuite much cheaper. In one of the streets of the Camino de Finisterre
http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/hortas.html

Sorry for my mixed messages this afternoon. New smartphone and I' m not used to it ( obviously ) ;). Talking about lodgings in Santiago. I can absolutely recommend pension Hortas to everyone! Location location , friendly owners. 200 metres from Parador but with 30 Euros for a single ensuite much cheaper. In one of the streets of the Camino de Finisterre
http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/hortas.html
Me too, it is a lovely little boutique hotel, in a great location.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We stayed at Casa Manolo last month and it was wonderful! Located 3 - 4k off of the Camino (I had taxi fetch me at the church in Cos - others in my group walked - we all had taxi return us to Cos in the morning), it's a lovely family run pension over their bar & restaurant. Wife and mother in law made us a fantastic supper (best merluza of the trip, excellent flan). The rooms were extremely nice and clean, and bathrooms appeared to be recently updated. There is a comfy lounge up by the rooms that gets wifi from downstairs. Their street address appears as "O Monte" on some websites and as "Lamansian" on others, and looking at a map I see the road does change names right about their location.

I just remember that I saw a sign of an albergue in Presedo, just before Leiro:

Albergue de Peregrinos de Presedo
Telf. 608 616 533

Just about to get ready for drive to Dublin airport and flight to Santiago.

Hopefully will be able to keep updated on how it goes.

Can't wait! :D

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I've walked it twice and I'm sure it will be meaningful to you. Good luck and Buen Camino!

Sorry to hi-jack this thread.. has anyone stayed at Apartamentos Compostela in Santiago?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.