• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles 6 September to 10 September

Aidas

I've been lurking for quite a while now, and have finally taken the plunge. I'll be walking the Ingles from Ferrol, leaving on the morning of 6 September, with expected arrival in Santiago on the 10th.

This forum has been an invaluable resource - thank you to all of you who have shared their knowledge and experience! Mr. Walker - you are a boon to any pilgrim - kudos!

Our plan (we'll be 4 of us) and where I expect us to stay:

5th September Ferrol - Hotel Silva
6th September in Pontedeune - Bar Luis. I've contacted them twice for a reservation, but still no response.
7th September in Betanzos - Albergue de Peregrinos
8th September - Hospital de Bruma - Albergue
9th September - Sigueiro - ???
10th September - Compostela - PR 25 de Julio

Any suggestions, warnings, tips, etc? As you can see I've not yet figured out Sigueiro. I've heard Miras is none too pleasant.

Buen Camino!

Aidas

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I've been lurking for quite a while now, and have finally taken the plunge. I'll be walking the Ingles from Ferrol, leaving on the morning of 6 September, with expected arrival in Santiago on the 10th.

This forum has been an invaluable resource - thank you to all of you who have shared their knowledge and experience! Mr. Walker - you are a boon to any pilgrim - kudos!

6th September in Pontedeune - Bar Luis. I've contacted them twice for a reservation, but still no response.

Any suggestions, warnings, tips, etc? As you can see I've not yet figured out Sigueiro. I've heard Miras is none too pleasant.

Buen Camino!

Aidas
Not many alternatives in Siguëro !

Buen camiño

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I've now found something via Google and have contacted them via email: Albergue de Delia in Sigueiro. Anyone have any info on this?

Aidas
They were talking about a privat albergue . When we were there in May 2014 the common place was Miras. It is on the routeImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406300769.875570.jpg. Just for one night.. The linen was clean..we closed our eyes and fell asleep .we had a menu del dia in a restaurant 50 meters further on .at night we drank a beer in the bar .next morning had breakfast in the bar and we went on early . Ready for the next challenge.

Are you all walkers or will have walking experience?

Ferrol to Pontedeume and Betanzos to Bruma would be tough enough for those with no training.

As we found out to our cost.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Buen Camino!

Aidas
Why not the albergue in Pontedeume. When we were there it was filthy but maybe they bettered their lives.

Are you all walkers or will have walking experience?

Ferrol to Pontedeume and Betanzos to Bruma would be tough enough for those with no training.

As we found out to our cost.

I'm a cyclist and occasional hiker, so I think that I'll be OK. The others say that they hike regularly :) We'll find out who's been fibbing along the way...

The albergue that you heard about - any more info?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm a cyclist and occasional hiker, so I think that I'll be OK. The others say that they hike regularly :) We'll find out who's been fibbing along the way...

The albergue that you heard about - any more info?
No not more than you heard. As far as I know in the albergue of Bruma they know about it but I cannot confirm that because after the "smelly " adventure in the Betanzos albergue -see another long thread on the Ingles forum with 1000 and one pro and contra meanings about the smelly matter my wife was fed up with albergues and we stayed from that moment in hostals and a hotel...
But... I noticed you walk the camino Ingles in 5 days so why not stay in Ordes in the hotel and wAlk in one day from there to Santiago ? About 30 kms. The hotel is called Nogallás ,right in the center of Ordes. It is a short detour from the camiño and after three kms from Ordes you pick up the camiño again.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Miras in Siguiero is not so bad. And what it lacks in comfort it has more than enough in being friendly and a brilliant kitchen
You haven't been in their bathrooms Sabine ? I prefer a clean bathroom above a smiling waiter

The bathrooms were clean when we stayed there and we slept well. Dinner was good, we even got a nice salad instead of those awful pommes frites we got everywhere..and the waitress was friendly. We were warned beforehand by a Spanish peregrina that Miras was no good, but as you can understand we found it ok.

I've now found something via Google and have contacted them via email: Albergue de Delia in Sigueiro. Anyone have any info on this?

Aidas

Just got a reply! Pretty quick, considering the others. 15 Euro with linen AND breakfast (two per room, bunk beds). I like the quick reply - I am a sucker for prompt customer service.

Just got a reply! Pretty quick, considering the others. 15 Euro with linen AND breakfast (two per room, bunk beds). I like the quick reply - I am a sucker for prompt customer service.
That is good news .so I should say opt for thisalbergue and give your comments afterwards so more people can go to there if it is okay .
Buen caminho

In May I walked both legs of the Ingles. From Ferrol I stayed in:
Neda
Pontedeume - stayed in Bar Luis - excellent!
Betanzos
Meson Novo
Sigueiro - in Miras. Acceptable but very unimpressive. Noisy room on the front made sleep difficult. I was cold - one blanket, one pillow.
DSCF6772.JPG

Lovely walk over the bridge [River Tambre]. Then look carefully for the faded yellow arrow to the RIGHT of the church entrance. Very easy to miss!
All details and pictures are in my diary Pilgrimage IV on line. But if I can help, just ask :) !
Buen camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I've stayed at Miras twice, once during each of my two Caminos. It's very plain, but was clean with good food and beer and a good price. The staff treated me well. They even gave me a free snack/small lunch for free when I first arrived at the bar.
I would not hesitate to go back.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Bathroom was ok. No complaints
We too found the Miras was OK and good food too. My only problem with the bathroom was the central lock on the door handle. I couldn't get it to open when I wanted to come out. Well it did eventually. Next time I used the bolt. :)

I did the Camino Inglés a month or so ago, and I absolutely loved it!

I stayed in the Hotel Silva in Ferrol, the Hostal Allegue (right in front of Bar Luis) in Pontedeume, the Hotel Palacete in Betanzos, MesĂłn Novo in MesĂłn do Vento (just past Bruma) and Hotel San Vicente, a few kilometres past SigĂĽeiro.

My thoughts on these places:

Hotel Silva: pretty decent, clean, reasonably-priced place. The advantage is that you can catch the bus down to the port the previous day, get your first stamp from the little Tourist Office down there, then walk the 3 and a half kilometres back to the Hotel. In the morning, you can then set off from there (3 and a half kilometres less) through Narón, Xubia, Neda and Fene and on to the Playa de Cabañas and Pontedeume.

Hostal Allegue: clean and quiet, a bit old but perfectly acceptable. Bar Luis is 5 metres away, and they have rooms (cheaper) upstairs. The food in Bar Luis is really good: quality and quantity. And they are excellent people, and used to pilgrims.

Hotel Palacete: pretty flash, and also pretty expensive if you're on your own. You'd probably be better off somewhere else, unless you're rich!

MesĂłn Novo: The stage from Betanzos is long, and has some serious climbs (after Casa Julia). The albergue in Bruma is marvellous, but there's nothing else in the tiny village. I stopped there for a couple of beers with people I'd met, and carried on a couple of kilometres to MesĂłn do Vento. The MesĂłn Novo is absolutely incredible: a two-star PensiĂłn, but the rooms would not be out of place in a three or four-star hotel. Amazingly cheap, fantastic people (they lived in England for some years). And if you want to eat, the owner's wife will rustle you up whatever you want for a ridiculous price. 100% recommended.

You're probably aware that there are practically no places to stop on this stage. Casa Julia (about halfway) is marvellous: you can have a great meal, or just a 'bocadillo', which will blow your mind! If you want to break the stage into two, Antonio (from MesĂłn Novo) will pick you up at Casa Julia, take you to the PensiĂłn and take you back the next day.

Hotel San Vicente: roughly four kilometres the other side of SigĂĽeiros, which means that the last stage is only about 15 kilometres. Probably too expensive for one person, but it's a great little hotel, with swimming-pool and a lovely garden. I ate in Hostal Miras, by the way: excellent choice for the menĂş del dĂ­a, but the dining-room is a bit nineteenth century (though the bar is modern).

If you need any more information, just send me a message.

Is the Meson Novo ON the camino? I.e. is it just a bit further along the Way from Bruma, or do you need to get off the camino for it?

Is the Meson Novo ON the camino? I.e. is it just a bit further along the Way from Bruma, or do you need to get off the camino for it?

Stop off in the Albergue for a wash, drink and then walk about a couple of kilometres to the MesĂłn Novo. It's just slightly off the Camino (to the right further down the road), but the following morning you simply cut across and pick up the route again after 10 minutes.

In addition to Charitto's answer. If you reached bar JuliaImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406811165.415187.jpg give Antonio of o Meson do Vento a ring and ask to pick you up there.
Next day morning he takes you back down and you walk up without pack back to o Meson Novo and enjoy a second night there and the hospitality of him and his kind parents who will prepare you a nice meal and a drink and give you the feeling being at home.

it is not on the 'normal route' but you can walk from there to rejoin the camino further along than you left it to save doubling back if you want to.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We stayed at the Albergue de Delia. WONDERFUL! Delia and her aunt hung out with us into the wee hours of the morning in the huge, green and beautiful back yard. Two of our party had some serious feet issues, and Maria carefully cleaned and bandaged them. The next morning made sure that the one with the worst foot damage got medical care at the local clinic. Super nice people. had a wonderful time and I think that @JohnnieWalker should add them to the guide!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We stayed at the Albergue de Delia. ................... and I think that @JohnnieWalker should add them to the guide!
He has, it is in the latest edition which has just been put on-line. It also has @miguel_gp 's elevations :) No doubt the updated printed version will be out shortly too.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back