• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles A Coruna to Pontedeume

Laney579

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2014,2016,2017 (Camino Ingles 2019)
Hi, I am with a group of people currently planning our 2019 camino for September and we are thinking of trying the Camino Ingles as we have done the Camino Frances a few times and the Camino Portugese last year. Out travel agent is recommending that we start our camino in A Coruna and walk to Pontedeume on the first day but I don't see any reference to this route section on any site. Has anyone started in A Coruna and walked to Pontedeume?? Also what is this route like for rest stops or cafes? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The route from Coruña actually goes through Segurde first, then meets up with the route from Ferrol in Hospital de Bruma. To go through Pontedeume you would start in Ferrol. Perhaps they were suggesting flying in to A Coruña? You’d then take a bus or train to Ferrol to start walking. The arm from A Coruña only qualifies for a Compostela if you document having walked 25km in your home country first.

To see the different routes you can look at http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/los-caminos-de-santiago/ingles/

For an in-depth guide, the CSJ guide is great:
https://www.csj.org.uk/planning-you...o-santiago/routes-in-spain/the-camino-ingles/

Buen Camino!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I would second what @Tincatinker says. There is no clear walking route from La Coruna to Pontedeume. What you need to do is walk along the Ingles fork form La Coruna to hospital de Bruma, and then walk 2 days back to Pontedeume. Then, if you want to walk to Santiago, you need to walk the same two days in reverse from Pontedeume to hospital de Bruma.

By all means go to La Coruna at the start and spend the night in La Coruna, as it is a wonderful place, and also flights to La Coruna are often cheaper than to Santiago, But take the train from La Coruna to Ferrol and then start your Ingles walk from Ferrol to Santiago.

At the end, you can still fly back from La coruna. There are regular cheap trains through the day from Santiago to La Coruna, which link up with the airport bus going from nearby La coruna station.

One thing about the Ingles compared to the Frances. The Ingles does not have anything like the infrastructure of the Frances. Be prepared to walk through rural countryside, and only come across restaurants, bars and shops, every hour, or longer. You need to stock up with water, fruit and provisions to keep you going inbetween. That said, the quiet and solitude of the Ingles is part of the appeal

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back